The simFlight Network Forums

NEXT_VIEW and PREV_VIEW not working?

I cannot get these FS controls working when I associate them to the yoke buttons. I tried to do that both via FSUIPC user interface and via FSUIPC.INI editing.

This is from my FSUIPC.INI:

14=P0,7,C65827,0 ;NEXT_VIEW

15=P0,6,C65828,0 ;PREV_VIEW

I also tried editing fs9.cfg and changing the default lines NEXT_VIEW=9,10 and PREV_VIEW=9,11 in 83,8 and 83,9 which makes more sense to me, but without result.

The only way for cycling views via FSUIPC seems to associate the buttons to keypress S and shift+S, but my aim was to program my yoke with Fsuipc only through FS controls, avoiding keyboard commands as far as possible.

All others FS controls I'm using on yoke assignations are working fine.

What is wrong?

Regards

I cannot get these FS controls working when I associate them to the yoke buttons.

All FSUIPC does with FS controls is send them to FS in exactly the same way as FS itself does, through its messaging system. There's absolutely no difference.

14=P0,7,C65827,0 ;NEXT_VIEW

15=P0,6,C65828,0 ;PREV_VIEW

I think those controls move between different view windows you may have opened with the View menu entry "New View". Is that what you are trying to do?

The only way for cycling views via FSUIPC seems to associate the buttons to keypress S and shift+S

S and shift+S are assigned in FS by default to the controls VIEW_MODE (65567) and VIEW_MODE_REV (65749). I think you are getting confused between different view windows and different view modes.

What is wrong?

If you are not sure what controls do what, simply enable FSUIPC's Event logging, then operate the control via the normal keyboard or FS button assignments, and view the result in the FSUIPC log file. You will see lines like this logged:

158062 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 65567 (0x0001001f), Param= 0 (0x00000000) VIEW_MODE

Note that the names, like VIEW_MODE, used in FSUIPC are obtained from FS's "CONTROLS.DLL", and are the same as those used in its own CFG files. I knowe they aren't always self-explanatory, so checking is really the only sensible way.

Regards

Pete

I think those controls move between different view windows you may have opened with the View menu entry "New View". Is that what you are trying to do?

Not exactly...I just want to cycle among 2D Cockpit, VC, Observer and Tower views

S and shift+S are assigned in FS by default to the controls VIEW_MODE (65567) and VIEW_MODE_REV (65749). I think you are getting confused between different view windows and different view modes.

I think this was definitely the point...I completely missed it :oops:

If you are not sure what controls do what, simply enable FSUIPC's Event logging, then operate the control via the normal keyboard or FS button assignments, and view the result in the FSUIPC log file. You will see lines like this logged:

158062 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 65567 (0x0001001f), Param= 0 (0x00000000) VIEW_MODE

Note that the names, like VIEW_MODE, used in FSUIPC are obtained from FS's "CONTROLS.DLL", and are the same as those used in its own CFG files. I knowe they aren't always self-explanatory, so checking is really the only sensible way.

This will be very, very useful for the future...thank you

Best regards