The simFlight Network Forums

FSX throws wobbly with FSUIPC4 DLL

Hi guys.

Yesterday the following error was thrown up when trying to run FSX.

"Flight simulator has detected a problem with a third-party software program (add-on):

Name: FSUIPC4 DLL: FS new universal IPC interface

version 4.53

Company: Peter L. Dowson

File: Modules\FSUIPC4.dll"

I am running FSX on Windows7 and have used FSUIPC ever since I have installed FSX with no problem at all. I tried re-installing FSUIPC but this made no difference. Hope you can help.

Chris Hall.

"Flight simulator has detected a problem with a third-party software program (add-on):

FS does this sometimes when it is loading and checking multiple add-ons. It occurs before FSUIPC is even running. It's some sort of trust checking conflict. According to all the reports if you just tell it to carry on regardless then next time it's okay. It seems it can happen with any pair of SimConnect add-ons, not just with FSUIPC.

Regards

Pete

Hello Peter. Many thanks for your prompt reply.

Regret that this does not work. I have posted this query after trying almost every combination I can think of. If you select "NO, i do not want to run this software" in the dialogue box than FSX will start OK without FSUIPC. If you select Yes, I do wish to run this software" then FSX just hangs and hangs until it times out or I have to go into the task manager to close the "FSX unresponsive" programme".

I had a Windows 7 update that night before last that fiddled with the registery, and it was after this update that this error started appearing. May be a red herring?

Needless to say, I cannot fly without FSUIPC. Hope you can help.

Chris Hall,

Bournemouth.

Regret that this does not work. I have posted this query after trying almost every combination I can think of. If you select "NO, i do not want to run this software" in the dialogue box than FSX will start OK without FSUIPC. If you select Yes, I do wish to run this software" then FSX just hangs and hangs until it times out or I have to go into the task manager to close the "FSX unresponsive" programme".

Hmm. There's something else interacting with it.

First, could you please update to the currently supported version (4.60)? Your 4.53 is pretty old now and unsupportable. Please always check you are using the latest.

Then try the interim update available in the Updates Announcement here in the Forum (4.627 at present).

Assuming this doesn't help, it will be a process of elimination. Try stopping all other SimConnect applications which are being loaded initially (i.e. via the DLL.XML and EXE.XML files), makes sure FSUIPC+FSX then works okay, and then enable each of the others in turn. You can do all this by simply editing the XML files. If you aren't sure how, post them here and I'll explain (just paste them into a message).

I had a Windows 7 update that night before last that fiddled with the registery, and it was after this update that this error started appearing. May be a red herring?

Probably, though I suppose it could have reset something in the trust mechanism which is now causing FSX to do multiple trust calls into Windows -- it is those which clash and cause the problem. It was a well known bug in FSX on release, and the SimConnect programmer in the FS team tried to solve it but only succeeded in lessening its chances of happening -- that was in SP1 or maybe SP2, so making sure your FSX is up to date would help too.

Regards

Pete

Hello there, i got the same problem today.

I tryed the 4.627 verson but the same problem accoured.

I have fs x with accelpack and vista 32.

I need fsuipc so i hope there is a fix on this:)

I installed carend 208b today, but i dont think that is the problem? It has a weather radar. I tryed the plane,everything was ok.

Then i exited fsx and when i startet it again, this happened.

Hello Peter.

I have installed the latest version of FSUIPC and the problem is still there, if anything, slightly worse. I sometimes now do not get the Windows error box, but FSX just hangs.

I tried to look at the windows firewall settings. As far as I can tell the Windows Firewall has now been hijacked by my McAfee anti virus programme. If I disable the firewall ignoring all the dire warnings, everything works OK and FSX + FSUIPC starts and runs.

Regretfully, I do not understand your comments about SimConnect and .XML files at all. I am a pretty basic computer user. When I do a search on .XML files I get a list of about 27 .XML files, but none seem associated with FSX.

I looked on my FSX discs and there is a simconnect.dll file on there, but when I search the hard drive, I cannot find simconnect.dll anywhere on my computer.

I now do not think that the Windows 7 update has screwed anything up as I am sure you would have heard from other sufferers if this was the case. I also cannot understand how this error has occurred out of the blue. I have not installed any new programmes or hardware, but McAfee and Windows 7 updates arrive regularly.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Best regards,

Chris Hall.

Bournemouth.

Sounds like your problem is caused by Mcafee if FSX and FSUIPC works properly when its disabled, you should be contacting Mcafee about this problem not Pete.

You will probably find that there is some way of creating an exception in Mcafee so that it ignores FSX and any programs that try to connect to it, again you will need to contact their support if you don't know how to do this.

Hello Peter.

Any ideas?

This says it all:

If I disable the firewall ignoring all the dire warnings, everything works OK and FSX + FSUIPC starts and runs.

FSUIPC itself isn't affected by any virus checker or firewall, but SimConnect most certainly is, and problems with that will affect FSX running and all SimConnect clients, of which FSUIPC4 is but one. McAfee is known to have been problematic with FSX for over three years. Norton and AVG (including AVG Free) are okay, as virus checkers, and the default firewall in Windows is okay too.

Regards

Pete

Just got the same problem here - also using McAfee - of course :) I can get FSX running on my Vista 64-bit by locking (not shutting down) the firewall which unfortunately means that I can't communicate with my private network anymore. As long as the firewall is set to "locked" everything runs smooth however when I unlock FSX won't start anymore - it just hangs after a few secs. After restarting a second time I also got the warning back. Seems definitely to be a probem with McAfee - but how to tell them? They are not easy on their support.....

Oskar

p.s. just noted that on my second machine with Win7 64 bit I got a similar warning but this time it's not triggered by FSUIPC but a by Level-D DLLMcAfee is full of miracles ---- obviously ....