The simFlight Network Forums

WideFS Button

I am trying to setup some buttons on a client laptop with WIDEFS, but not having any luck.

I setup some macros and keys on the FSUICP on my FSX server, but when I press the key on WIDEFS Client nothing happens.

I tried installing FSUICP on the client, but wants to see FSX.

So any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rick

Yes they are connected, as I did some additional digging around in the User and Advance User Guides

I was able to decoded what I needed to be placed in the FSUIPC ini file.

There was not complete examples, so I had to do trial and error for a couple of days :(

Thanks

I was able to decoded what I needed to be placed in the FSUIPC ini file.

Why are you messing in the FSUIPC INI file? Buttons and Switches, whether for a WideFS client or local on the FS PC, can be assigned in the FSUIPC options -- see the Buttons & Switches tab!

Keypresses on a Client PC are NOT sent to the FS PC unless you set the option for this in the WideClient.INI file ("SendKeyPresses"). And for WideClient to see the keypresses it needs the keyboard focus. Generally this is not useful. Better to use the "ButtonKeys" facilioty in WideClient.INI and get your keypresses operating virtual buttons in FSUIPC, where you can then assign them.

Regards

Pete