The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 737picWilco

Hello, first I'm sorry if my english isn't very good!!

I've a trouble with my FSX only when I fly with 737PIC Wilco, there are several system crashes and FSUIPC dosn't dialogue with FSX... I've read on this forum that probably it's a corrupted file in some .DLL helper but I have no idea where it could be!!

My OS is Vista 32bit with FSX. With all other airplanes (payware or not) FSUIPC is ok.

I try to reinstall many times (version 4.60) but nothing happens...

Thank you

andrew

I've a trouble with my FSX only when I fly with 737PIC Wilco, there are several system crashes and FSUIPC dosn't dialogue with FSX.

What does "FSUIPC doesn't dialogue with FSX" mean? How do you detect this?

FSUIPC is not specific to any particular aircraft -- it does not know nor care about what aircraft you use.

I've read on this forum that probably it's a corrupted file in some .DLL helper

Really? What's a "DLL Helper"? I've never heard of such a thing.

My OS is Vista 32bit with FSX. With all other airplanes (payware or not) FSUIPC is ok.

So FSUIPC must "dialogue with FSX" then!

Sounds like a faulty install for that aircraft, then. Is it designed for FSX? You cannot simply transplant FS9 aircraft into FSX -- many of the gauges are incompatible, as a rule.

I try to reinstall many times (version 4.60) but nothing happens...

Since an installation of FSUIPC merely consists of a single DLL in a folder, replacing it any number of times will obviously make no difference whatsoever. Since your problem is with an aircraft, not with FSUIPC, why not try re-installing that instead? Wouldn't that make more sense?

Regards

Pete

What does "FSUIPC doesn't dialogue with FSX" mean? How do you detect this?

FSUIPC is not specific to any particular aircraft -- it does not know nor care about what aircraft you use.

Really? What's a "DLL Helper"? I've never heard of such a thing.

So FSUIPC must "dialogue with FSX" then!

Sounds like a faulty install for that aircraft, then. Is it designed for FSX? You cannot simply transplant FS9 aircraft into FSX -- many of the gauges are incompatible, as a rule.

Since an installation of FSUIPC merely consists of a single DLL in a folder, replacing it any number of times will obviously make no difference whatsoever. Since your problem is with an aircraft, not with FSUIPC, why not try re-installing that instead? Wouldn't that make more sense?

Regards

Pete

I'm not an expert but 737 Wilco I bought is designed for FSX! I tried to reinstall it because it makes more sense,you're right!!! No improvements.

But I've read in this forum that in the section C/users/...appdata/roaming/microsoft/fsx there might be some corrupted files, so I deleted the lines with "737 wilco helper", as it was suggested to another member.

Now it seems to work fine, also with 737 Wilco

Regards

andrew

I'm not an expert but 737 Wilco I bought is designed for FSX!

Oh, good. I didn't realise they'd done one. I'll have to look it up -- I was waiting for the promised 737NG from PMDG.

[LATER]

Oh, is see it's only 737-300/400/500 -- no good for my NG cockpit. Never mind.

But I've read in this forum that in the section C/users/...appdata/roaming/microsoft/fsx there might be some corrupted files, so I deleted the lines with "737 wilco helper", as it was suggested to another member.

Now it seems to work fine, also with 737 Wilco

Good! So that "helper" was part of the Wilco 737 install, and even re-installing it didn't help fix it? I hope Wilco has been told about this problem!

Regards

Pete

Oh, good. I didn't realise they'd done one. I'll have to look it up -- I was waiting for the promised 737NG from PMDG.

[LATER]

Oh, is see it's only 737-300/400/500 -- no good for my NG cockpit. Never mind.

Good! So that "helper" was part of the Wilco 737 install, and even re-installing it didn't help fix it? I hope Wilco has been told about this problem!

Regards

Pete

Thank you again for your reply, now I'm going to reinstall 737Wilco as administator...perhaps it will help in fixing this problem...

And I'm waiting the promised 737NG too!! It could be the better solution to my case!!!!

Regards

Andrew

It's also still an FS9 aircraft, Pete - they fixed the things that crashed in FSX, but didn't update it.

I'm fairly successfully using it (not very often, because you have to use the 2d panels to actually do anything!) on Windows 7 64-bit, complete with dll helpers, which are installed for all Wilco aircraft. It certainly isn't a specific bug that applies to all installations of the software, but if you didn't do your original install as administrator, that could well be at least part of the problem. It's definitely worth trying.

Right now, the only FSX native B737NG on the market is from a company who would have to pay me to use their software, not vice versa. As you can guess, I'm on the waiting list for a PMDG 73NG, too!

Ian P.