The simFlight Network Forums

Running FSUIPC with Win7 (64bits) ?

Hello,

I changed my configuration last week (motherboard, graphic card, HD) and got the Win 7 (64bits) OS. So I had to reinstall my whole FS2004 (fs9.1) from an external HD.

Everything is now OK except for FSUIPC as the PMDG aircrafts need this "dll" to be installed in the "modules" directory .

I had the paid version 3.85 with my activation code but after having installed FSUIPC in the right place, each time I tried to click on the device (top of my FS screen), I got a black screen and had to close FS and restart it. Then I thought I had to change the version, perhaps too old or incompatible with Win7 (64). So I decided to download the 3.98 version. I removed first the former FSUIPC and installed the new one. Surprisingly I get the advice "you have several versions of fsuipc.dll in your modules directory. Remove them before continuying". I checked the whole content of the directory but it really contains the sole last FSUIPC (3.98) installed!

I don't understand what is happening! Please, help! Best regards.

I had the paid version 3.85 with my activation code but after having installed FSUIPC in the right place, each time I tried to click on the device (top of my FS screen), I got a black screen and had to close FS and restart it. Then I thought I had to change the version, perhaps too old or incompatible with Win7 (64). So I decided to download the 3.98 version. I removed first the former FSUIPC and installed the new one. Surprisingly I get the advice "you have several versions of fsuipc.dll in your modules directory. Remove them before continuying". I checked the whole content of the directory but it really contains the sole last FSUIPC (3.98) installed!

There are two other causes of there appearing to be more than one version installed:

1. A copy of FSUIPC.DLL in the main FS folder as well as in the Modules folder.

2. FS still running in the background, hung, with no window showing.

I suspect the latter. FS may have crashed, but it didn't terminate. Press CTRL_ALT_DEL and select the Task manager. Go to the Processes tab and scroll to FS9.EXE. Select it and tell the task manager to delete it.

Note for future reference that there is alwayts an earliest version of FSUIPC for which support will be provided. 3.85 is extremely old and has not been supported for a long long time. Nothing earlier than 3.98 is currently supported (and there's a much later version available in the Downloads subforum above).

Pete