The simFlight Network Forums

FSX FPS dropped to 5 after configuring FSUIPC

Hi,

I am a new user to FSX. I had no issues with FSUIPC over past few months. However, I needed to configure some buttons a few day ago and I had to window FSX to a smaller window than full screen to configure FSUIPC. I made the window about 2 inch by 2 inch for FSX. I reset FSX numerous times after setting FSUIPC. I now notice during FSX in full screen or full window that the FPS have dropped from 75 to 100 fps to 5 fps. However, if I window FSX and make the screen small again the FPS go up to 100 again. I reboot but that makes no difference. Has anyone seen this issue? I also cannot read my ATC menu anymore as it has become stuck in a small window. I feel like something got hosed but I cant be the only one to see this issue.

thanks for the help,

Keith

DELL Studio XPS 8100 I7 cpu 870@2.93GHz, 8MB cache, 12.0 GB RAM DDR3 1333MHz, Windows 7 64 bit Radeon HD 5700 1024 MB, 1TB Seria ATA 7200 RPM, Saitek yoke, thottle, pedals w/FSUIPC, FSX Gold, REX2 w/Overdrive, flightline T & N, TrackIR

I am a new user to FSX. I had no issues with FSUIPC over past few months. However, I needed to configure some buttons a few day ago and I had to window FSX to a smaller window than full screen to configure FSUIPC. I made the window about 2 inch by 2 inch for FSX. I reset FSX numerous times after setting FSUIPC. I now notice during FSX in full screen or full window that the FPS have dropped from 75 to 100 fps to 5 fps. However, if I window FSX and make the screen small again the FPS go up to 100 again.

If the frame rate problem is completely dependent upon the size of the window then it must be something to do with the way the video screen or desktop is configured. If I were you I'd post on the general FSX Forums, both here in SimFlight and over in AVSIM. It certainly isn't anything to do with FSUIPC. In fact I've no idea why you would even mention FSUIPC in the same message -- how is setting a 2 x 2 window in any way related to FSUIPC settings?

Regards

Pete

HI,

For some unknown reason, my FPS went back up to normal and I can read the ATC screen now I deleted all my yoke and rudder calibrations and it worked. I mentioned FSUIPC only because it was after I recalibrated my yoke and rudder again to make improvements that the slow FPS issue occurred. I do recall FSX crashing on me too at one point. I guess just one of those Windowsthings.Thanks for your time.

Keith