The simFlight Network Forums

FSX losing contact with FSUICP 4.60

Sir,

I am running FSX with Radar Contact 4.3, ActiveSky Evolution, and I am also running UAV ACARS program. My problem is part-way through the flight FSX will lock up. I then get an error saying FSUICP is trying to re-connect, but then FSX just crashes to desktop. This has happened on the last few flights I have tried. Would appreciate some help with this.

Thanks....

Alan

I am running FSX with Radar Contact 4.3, ActiveSky Evolution, and I am also running UAV ACARS program. My problem is part-way through the flight FSX will lock up. I then get an error saying FSUICP is trying to re-connect, but then FSX just crashes to desktop. This has happened on the last few flights I have tried. Would appreciate some help with this.

An error message from WHAT saying "FSUIPC is trying to re-connect"? Re-connect to what?

It sounds like something is wrong with your FSX installation which is causing it to crash. When FSX crashes, FSUIPC stops working (naturally, it is part of the FSX process which is crashing), and then any programs which are trying to talk to FSUIPC obviously can get no response.

Why are you posting here? Why do you think your FSX crashes are related to FSUIPC?

Regards

Pete

Because the FSUICP error message appeared I presumed it was something to do with your program.

But it may have much more to do with the program which issued the message losing contact with FSUIPC because your FS crashed! surely you can see that?

Any program connecting to FS, whether via FSUIPC or by other means, will obviously lose contact if FS stops working, and may issue an error as a result. That doesn't identify the reason for the error. you need to work out what is crashing FS.

Regards

Pete