The simFlight Network Forums

view direction

Hi Peter

I'm building a cockpit with 767 Level-D (and with Nico Kaan) ( http://simupk-leveld-767.pagesperso-orange.fr/ )

I'm using FSUIPC 4 with FSX

I wanted to use view direction set with an axis ( in Axis assignment) but there is no effect ( in virtual cockpit view)

I get an correct effect with Panaxis Heading but Ididn't find the address of the variable.

As well I have no effect with variable 833C.

When I connect FSX with FSinterrogate all view variables stay to 0

In future a would like to connect and drive the view heading from a steering tiller (with SIOC); Is there there a view variable read and or write to do that.

Best regards.

Pierre

I wanted to use view direction set with an axis ( in Axis assignment) but there is no effect ( in virtual cockpit view)

Probably that FS control doesn't work in VC mode.

I get an correct effect with Panaxis Heading but I didn't find the address of the variable.

I think, in FSX, everything changed over to the use of "Cameras". SimConnect seems to provide several ways of setting cameras, but no ways to read their settings. Very annoying.

As well I have no effect with variable 833C.

When I connect FSX with FSinterrogate all view variables stay to 0

You didn't need to use FSInterrogate. It is documented in the FSUIPC4 Offsets Status PDF that they do not work.

In future a would like to connect and drive the view heading from a steering tiller (with SIOC); Is there there a view variable read and or write to do that.

Things are different in VC and 2D cockpit modes, but the normal way to control view direction from an axis, as with a Hat, is by using the PAN VIEW control, with the number of degrees as parameter (or it might be the degrees x 100, I can't remember offhand). You can send any control and parameter via offset 3110.

Regards

Pete

Probably that FS control doesn't work in VC mode.

I think, in FSX, everything changed over to the use of "Cameras". SimConnect seems to provide several ways of setting cameras, but no ways to read their settings. Very annoying.

You didn't need to use FSInterrogate. It is documented in the FSUIPC4 Offsets Status PDF that they do not work.

Things are different in VC and 2D cockpit modes, but the normal way to control view direction from an axis, as with a Hat, is by using the PAN VIEW control, with the number of degrees as parameter (or it might be the degrees x 100, I can't remember offhand). You can send any control and parameter via offset 3110.

Regards

Pete

Re Hi Pete

Thank for answering.

I'll try to test 3110 : the value of the control is like 3110 or like in fsx control 6xxxx ?

If I succeed I'll give the solution.

An other solution is to add an axis on the handle of the steering tiller, I'm building it at this moment, when finished I'll add picture on my web site.

Best regards

Pierre

Something curious to : I found Eyepoint_forward 66528 in List of FSX controls but no corresponding value in FSinterrogate

FSInterrogate merely reads and writes offsets. The control numbers are DATA values, not offsets! They are the numerical equivalent of the named controls in the drop-down assignment lists.

Please check the documents placed in your FS MOdules/FSUIPC Documents folder. In there you will find a list of FS control numbers, related to their names (the names as in the FSUIPC drop-downs).

There's also a long list of controls added by FSUIPC. These are listed in the FSUIPC Advanced users document.

Additionally you should most certainly NOT be using FSInterrogate as your reference. It is a tool for experimantring with offset values and debugging programs. The reference for Offset usage for FS9 in the FSUIPC Programmer's document, in the SDK

In your subsequent message:

the value of the control is like 3110 or like in fsx control 6xxxx ?

The control number is the number listed in the documents I mentioned. Yes, all FS controls are 65536 or above. Most FSUIPC added controls are less than 65536, but there are some large hexadecimally-encoded ones for offset controls, macros and Lua calls.

Pete

• 1 year later...

Hey all,

According to your topic, I have found a lot of view in the List of FSX controls.pdf, very nice!

The only one that I have not found is the one that you get when when the 0x8320 (1) value is 5 : the top down view, the on that show the plane from the sky.

If you have an idea, I take it.

Thank you all. Have a nice day.

Léopold

The only one that I have not found is the one that you get when when the 0x8320 (1) value is 5 : the top down view, the on that show the plane from the sky.

If you have an idea, I take it.

I don't know offhand, but to find out what control FS itself sends when you press an assigned key or click a control with a mouse, enable Event logging in FSUIPC, use the control, then check the Log entry.

Pete

Hey,

Thank you Pete, event log is the swiss knife !

Unfortunately, it seems this view can't be mapped to a key, but can only be accessed by the right click or view > view mode > exterior > item4 (aerial view in french)

... to be continued !

bye

Edited by kbumbaz

Unfortunately, it seems this view can't be mapped to a key, but can only be accessed by the right click or view > view mode > exterior > item4 (aerial view in french)

I don't think you tried very hard. ;-) I just tried View1 mode set with parameter 5, and that works for what you want. Different parameters give different views.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thank you for your answer.

I can't follow you, by "View1 mode set" do you mean offset 3110 with command 65693 VIEW1_DIRECTION_SET" & value 5 ?

or, is it in FSX menu ? My FSX is in french so if it is in the menu maybe we do not have the same traduction.

Thanks for your help Pete.

Léopold

I can't follow you, by "View1 mode set" do you mean offset 3110 with command 65693 VIEW1_DIRECTION_SET" & value 5 ?

No. 65693 is "View1 direction set". The View1 mode set control is 65691.

or, is it in FSX menu ? My FSX is in french so if it is in the menu maybe we do not have the same traduction.

Hmm. I don't think it'll be in the FSX menu. But it is in FSUIPC4's assignments drop-down. That's where I assign things for testing. FSUIPC4's drop down lists are always the most complete because they are built up from the internal tables of FS (and then added to with all of the FSUIPC added controls, of course).

I see that the List of FSX controls which I published when FSX was released is actually out of date -- Microsoft must have added more controls in the SP1 or SP2 updates. This obviously explains why you never found it, though for future reference I would advise you to try FSUIPC's assignments drop-down lists, just in case.

When I get time I'll try to update the document.

Regards

Pete

When I get time I'll try to update the document.

Well, I just tried to do this -- I generate the document automatically from the tables in FSX's "Controls.DLL". And guess what -- that control is not there!

It appears to be one of many I found which aren't even catalogued in FSX's internals, yet do work. I'll have to add those manually! Meanwhile, here's a list of those which perhaps you'd like to print out for reference (sorry about the format -- the list is extracted directly from my module in C):

{"adf needle set", 66481},

{"adf outside source", 66480},

{"adf sound set", 66476},

{"adf sound toggle", 66475},

{"adf1 radio fract dec carry", 66453},

{"adf1 radio fract inc carry", 66454},

{"aileron center", 65686},

{"aileron left", 65685},

{"aileron right", 65687},

{"atc menu exit", 66171},

{"autopilot panel airspeed set", 66355},

{"bail out", 66203},

{"bomb view", 66208},

{"chase view", 66206},

{"dme sound set", 66474},

{"dme sound toggle", 66473},

{"dme1 sound set", 66470},

{"dme1 sound toggle", 66469},

{"elevator down", 65683},

{"elevator up", 65684},

{"engine fuel flow bug position 1", 66349},

{"engine fuel flow bug position 2", 66350},

{"engine fuel flow bug position 3", 66351},

{"engine fuel flow bug position 4", 66352},

{"fire all guns", 66156},

{"fire primary guns", 66157},

{"fire secondary guns", 66158},

{"flaps detents set", 65760},

{"force end", 66234},

{"gunsight set", 66135},

{"gunsight toggle", 66136},

{"hud units", 66209},

{"keyboard overlay", 66205},

{"low height warning gauge will set", 66324},

{"low height warning set", 66323},

{"magneto set new", 66399},

{"magneto1 set new", 66400},

{"magneto2 set new", 66401},

{"magneto3 set new", 66402},

{"magneto4 set new", 66403},

{"map zoom set", 65713},

{"marker sound set", 66478},

{"nav1 sound set", 66468},

{"nav1 sound toggle", 66467},

{"nav2 sound set", 66472},

{"nav2 sound toggle", 66471},

{"other aircraft view", 66207},

{"overlaymenu", 66267},

{"Radio comm1 autoswitch toggle", 66282 },

{"Radio comm2 autoswitch toggle", 66284},

{"Radio commnav1 test toggle", 66280},

{"Radio commnav2 test toggle", 66281},

{"Radio nav1 autoswitch toggle", 66283},

{"Radio nav2 autoswitch toggle", 66285},

{"select next target", 66196},

{"select prev target", 66269},

{"skip action", 66146},

{"sp multiplayer score display", 66273},

{"stop all guns", 66272},

{"stop primary guns", 66270},

{"stop secondary guns", 66271},

{"toggle damage text", 66200},

{"toggle enemy indicator", 66201},

{"toggle padlock", 66197},

{"toggle radar", 66170},

{"toggle radio", 66204},

{"tooltip units set", 66405},

{"unlock target", 66198},

{"view snap forward", 66274},

{"view snap panel reset", 66414},

{"view snap rear", 66275},

{"view type set", 65831},

{"view1 mode set", 65691},

{"view1 zoom set", 65701},

{"view2 direction set", 65711},

{"view2 mode set", 65710},

{"view2 zoom set", 65712},

Note that I don't know if these all work. Many may have been left out of Controls.dll because they don't! But many of those certainly do work!

[LATER]

I've made the revised list available in PDF form in Download Links - Documentation

Regards

Pete