The simFlight Network Forums

No more graduated visiblity?

Am I correct in thinking that the graduated visibility function is no longer part of FSUIPC? If not - that's a shame because it was handy having the vis increase as you climbed - I really liked that facility in the earlier versions and one of the main reasons I bought the new one - I must admit, i didn't think it wouldn't be in there.

Are there any plans to reintroduce it?

Kind regards.

Am I correct in thinking that the graduated visibility function is no longer part of FSUIPC?

I'm working on it now. It will be in the next version (3.05). It's been a lot more difficult to get into these things in FS2004 than it was in earlier releases.

Regards,

Pete

Oh - that's great news :D

I'm also having a problem with the maximum vis option working - even though I set a maximum vis of 20miles during cloudy skies - I still get unlimited visibility. I have seen reference to this somewhere in the form so i will search around and see what I can find.

Thanks again.

:-wave

I'm also having a problem with the maximum vis option working - even though I set a maximum vis of 20miles during cloudy skies - I still get unlimited visibility. I have seen reference to this somewhere in the form so i will search around and see what I can find.

To clarify the current state (as described in the documentation):

1. The visibility options in FSUIPC versions 3.00-3.04 only operate for weather provided by external programs, or, except for the smoothing, for global weather set explicitly in FS dialogues. None of them work for FS localised weather.

2. There is only one visibility layer and this has a ceiling. Once above that ceiling you have whatever maximum visibility is set in the Options-Settings-Display-Weather tab in FS. For weather provided by external programs, or set as global in FS, you can use the FSUIPC option to override the upper limit of the visibility layer.

In version 3.05 of FSUIPC, which I hope to release next week, these three visibility options should be working for ALL weather, universally:

(a) The visibility upper limits

(b) The visibility smoothing

© Graduated visibility

Regards,

Pete

Hi Pete,

the feature of setting the visibility around the plane seperately from the localized weather look very intresting, could you describe how todo this (when version 3.05 is released). I like to build this feature in my weather program. I had this for the global weather already, but for FS2004 I miss the feature.

>In version 3.05 of FSUIPC, which I hope to release next week, these >three visibility options should be working for ALL weather, universally:

>

>(a) The visibility upper limits

>(b) The visibility smoothing

>© Graduated visibility

Bye

Markus

the feature of setting the visibility around the plane seperately from the localized weather look very intresting, could you describe how todo this (when version 3.05 is released). I like to build this feature in my weather program. I had this for the global weather already, but for FS2004 I miss the feature.

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand. What is it you want to do in your program -- i.e. what is the purpose? If I provided anything along such lines it would interfere horribly with the manipulations FSUIPC is making.

Pete

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand. What is it you want to do in your program -- i.e. what is the purpose? If I provided anything along such lines it would interfere horribly with the manipulations FSUIPC is making.

Pete

Hi Pete,

I don't know if this feature is free for unregistered FSUIPC users?

So if I release my program as freeware with FSUIPC key, can the user set the values or must he have a full version?

My FS2002 version of the weather program use several weather values to determine the visibility (like humminity, ground visibility, winds etc.) and change the max. visibility on different altitude to different (not preset) values. So you have fog on the ground and graduated visibility until you are in the dry upper air. If you come to a layer where the huminity is high (below clouds) the visibility i go back again. I like this feature very much and would like to see it agin in Fs2004.

Thanks for youre very fast answer

Bye

Markus

Hope I explained it right.

[quote name="in_04

I don't know if this feature is free for unregistered FSUIPC users?

So if I release my program as freeware with FSUIPC key' date=' can the user set the values or must he have a full version?[/quote]

All the facilities in the weather tabs, along with those in the technical, joystick, buttons, keys and hotkeys tabs, are USER facilities and accessible when the user registers FSUIPC.

Please see the details in the announcements and documentation. Or download a copy of FSUIPC 3 and try it, both unregistered and registered, and you will see the difference.

But I thought my documentation was clear enough on this?

My FS2002 version of the weather program use several weather values to determine the visibility (like humminity, ground visibility, winds etc.) and change the max. visibility on different altitude to different (not preset) values. So you have fog on the ground and graduated visibility until you are in the dry upper air. If you come to a layer where the huminity is high (below clouds) the visibility i go back again. I like this feature very much and would like to see it agin in Fs2004.

You can control the FS visibility in FS2004 via the FS98 interface, or the AWI, or the NWI (new for FS2004). FSUIPC provides MORE facilities for weather control in version 3, not less. But none of this has anything whatsoever to do with the facilities offered to the user in the Tabs of the registered version.

Regards,

Pete