The simFlight Network Forums

Downloadproblem, WideClient 6.833

Hi Pete.

I try to download this file, WideClient 6.833. But get this message:

Unable to download WideClient6833.zip from fsuip.simflight.com.

The connection with the server was reset.

Can you please help me with that.

Brgds

Stein-Ove Rud

Hamar

Norway

I've just tried it and the download worked first time, so it's not a link problem per se - probably an issue between your ISP and simFlight.

Can you try clearing your cache (it's different depending on which browser you use) and attempting the download again? That's a long shot, but the solution may be as simple as just trying at a different time of day?

Ian P.

I have a similar problem but ESET detects a virus in the zip.

I can disable the virus checker to download the file but whenever the .exe is then started ESET quarantines it for me. How nice!

Never had this prob before with Petes files. Maybe some new code in the .exe which is similar to a virus?

(Win32 variant/Genetik trojan)

Maybe some new code in the .exe which is similar to a virus?

There's no recognisable code in the ZIP -- all of my programs are supplied encrypted and compressed, and then codesigned to guarantee they cannot be infected without invalidating the signature.

Your Virus checker is giving a false positive. You should report it to them so they can fix it.

When you do manage to get to the EXE itself, right click on it, select Properties then signature, select the signature and check that it says it is good. That is the guarantee.

Regards

Pete

I've just tried it and the download worked first time, so it's not a link problem per se - probably an issue between your ISP and simFlight.

Can you try clearing your cache (it's different depending on which browser you use) and attempting the download again? That's a long shot, but the solution may be as simple as just trying at a different time of day?

Ian P.

Hi.

I have tried both Firefox and IE8, same problem, server reset's...

(Emptyed cache also, disabled NOD32 too)

Anyone here that can send it to me on my mail:

steiru@gmail.com

Thank you.

Stein-Ove

Edited by Bakern

Ups...!! Sorry, my fault. Cleaning up now, could you please try again.

Ah. This time it failed as follows, still reporting your mailbox full but also preventing it for a second reason:

steiru@gmail.com on Thu, 18 Nov 2010 09:58:55 -0000

The message could not be delivered because the recipient's mailbox

is full.

< c2bthomr07.btconnect.com #5.2.2 SMTP; 552-5.7.0 Our system

detected an illegal attachment on your message. Please>

Seems you or your ISP has set a high level of protection which disallows all files which look like programs (in this case an EXE). I'll try renaming it and resending. After unzipping you'll need to rename it back to WideClient.exe.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

I have a similar problem but ESET detects a virus in the zip.

I can disable the virus checker to download the file but whenever the .exe is then started ESET quarantines it for me. How nice!

Never had this prob before with Petes files. Maybe some new code in the .exe which is similar to a virus?

(Win32 variant/Genetik trojan)

Hello Pete,

Same problem for me. Have tried your suggestion after this post but it doesn't work...unfortunately.

Is it possible to send me by PM (mmanandise[at]skynet.be)the last WideClient.exe ?

Many thanks in advance and Best Regards

Same problem for me.

It can't be the same -- 6.833 was withdrawn in favour of 6.834 the other day. Or do you mean 6.834?

Have tried your suggestion after this post but it doesn't work.

You need to get your virus checker updated, or change to a better one.

Is it possible to send me by PM (mmanandise[at]skynet.be)the last WideClient.exe ?

It won't make any difference. Your virus checker will block it in any case.

Possibly renaming it other than an EXE might work. You'll have to rename it afterwards. Try

WideClient 6834 renamed

Pete

It can't be the same -- 6.833 was withdrawn in favour of 6.834 the other day. Or do you mean 6.834?

Yes I mean the 6.834 of course

You need to get your virus checker updated, or change to a better one.

My antivirus is NOD32 and is updated every day. This antivirus is an excellent one and I haven't the intention to change :grin:

It won't make any difference. Your virus checker will block it in any case.

OK understood but I'd only the problem with the file WideClient and not with FSUIPC Beta versions !

Possibly renaming it other than an EXE might work. You'll have to rename it afterwards. Try

WideClient 6834 renamed

I've just downloaded the file via the link above without any problem. I'm already flying at this moment and will install the version just after. Inside the zip that's the complete FSUIPC version ... you confirm ?

Pete

In any case thank you so much for your speedy answer and your great products. ;-)

Best Regards,

My antivirus is NOD32 and is updated every day. This antivirus is an excellent one and I haven't the intention to change :grin:

Well they should be notified of false positives.

OK understood but I'd only the problem with the file WideClient and not with FSUIPC Beta versions !

Both built with the same tools on the same Pc, but both a compressed and encrypted. There's virtually no true code for the checker to check. It's just seeing patterns in the gibberish.

I've just downloaded the file via the link above without any problem. I'm already flying at this moment and will install the version just after. Inside the zip that's the complete FSUIPC version ... you confirm ?

No. You must have clicked the link whilst I was still editing it! Please do it again. It only contains WideClient.xxx for you to rename.

Regards

Pete

No. You must have clicked the link whilst I was still editing it! Please do it again. It only contains WideClient.xxx for you to rename.

Regards

Pete

OK just retried and no it doesn't work. I'll stay with the official version 6.78.

Thanks for your efforts

Regards

OK just retried and no it doesn't work.

What "doesn't work" about it? The link doesn't download anything, or the contents of the ZIP can't be used because of your virus check?

If you mean the link still downloads the wrong thing, then your cache needs clearing. The link is perfectly okay. It downloads a ZIP containing "WideClient.xxx" for you to rename.

Pete

What "doesn't work" about it? The link doesn't download anything, or the contents of the ZIP can't be used because of your virus check?

If you mean the link still downloads the wrong thing, then your cache needs clearing. The link is perfectly okay. It downloads a ZIP containing "WideClient.xxx" for you to rename.

Pete

Pete I work with Firefox without any problem. I've downloaded the zip file but when I want to extract the file my antivirus doesn't accept the contain of the zip file (WideClient.xxx). He detects a Win32/Genetik and removes automatically the file. Why I haven't any problem to download the last official version and now and only with WideClient I've this problem ?

I've downloaded the zip file but when I want to extract the file my antivirus doesn't accept the contain of the zip file (WideClient.xxx). He detects a Win32/Genetik and removes automatically the file. Why I haven't any problem to download the last official version and now and only with WideClient I've this problem ?

Because patterns of bits in encrypted files are different according to what's in the file! If all files contained the same data you'd only ever get one program, wouldn't you? Think about it for a few seconds! Different programs contain different things, that's what makes them different! Different VERSIONS of the same program will look different too, but whether sufficiently different for your virus checker is another matter.

I repeat: there is no virus, it is a false result -- you really should tell the virus check folks. That's the only way they ever improve things, by feedback. It happens spasmodically with different files and different virus checkers.

This is why any decent virus checker will allow YOU, its user, to override it when you know better. All the virus check programs I've ever used do!

Regards

Pete