The simFlight Network Forums

FSX APPCRASH Fault Module FSUIPC4.dll_unloaded

When I shut down FSX it closes, but half the time I get a message that FSX has stopped working. Please see the attached screenshots. Do you know how I can make this stop?

I happens with 4.60 and 4.625, I have not tried 4.634 yet.

I am running Win7 64b, my hardware is in my signature. This is the second Win7 PC that I have had FSX and FSUIPC loaded on and it did not do this on the first PC.

Regards,

Rod

post-12540-076203600 1290130366_thumb.jp

post-12540-004810700 1290130373_thumb.jp

When I shut down FSX it closes, but half the time I get a message that FSX has stopped working. Please see the attached screenshots. Do you know how I can make this stop?

I get that too, some of the time. In my case it is mostly something to do with Ultimate Traffic 2. I think that in the various threads of FSX there are some which continue for a while to cross-refer to objects or memory which get freed earlier during the shutdown process. I think these are, in particular, related to SimConnect use -- and FSUIPC, Ultimate Traffic, ASE and many others (external to FSX like UT2, ASE, and internal like FSUIPC) are heavy SimConnect users. I suspect that the more SimConnect users there are the more chance of the crash on termination.

Sometimes it just hangs (no windows, just "exists" in the background, invisibly except in the Process list), and has to be thrown off with Task Manager.

It doesn't happen to me with only FSUIPC installed. If i stop UT2 and several other SimConnect programs running, everything is always okay.

I am sure this is a SimConnect bug, and I know of no fix -- and it will never get fixed now. Luckily it only happens when you are closing FS in any case, so it is of no real consequence --- excepting that if you made changes to the FSX settings, they may not be saved. Unlike FSUIPC, settings in FSX are not saved until termination. I tend to make changes directly to my FSX.CFG file these days in any case, as there are some non-standard entries in there which get reset if you use the FSX settings dialogues.

This is the second Win7 PC that I have had FSX and FSUIPC loaded on and it did not do this on the first PC.

This is what happens with bugs which are intermittent (as they are in my case). It is very timing dependent. Your new machine is just executing the different threads in different times. It may even be using more cores. Could be anything like that.

Regards

Pete

This is what happens with bugs which are intermittent (as they are in my case). It is very timing dependent. Your new machine is just executing the different threads in different times. It may even be using more cores. Could be anything like that.

Regards

Pete

Thanks Pete!

Regarding timings, this PC ran for a month without this happening, I then installed a 3ware 9750-4i PCI Express 2.0 SATA Controller and hooked my two FSX VRap's up to it. It maybe that the 9750-4i has increased the speed of reads enough that it has thrown the timing off enough for this to start happening.

Also I will start to see if it only happens when I close SuperTrafficBoard before I exit FSX since I do not always open SuperTrafficBoard when I fly.

Rod