The simFlight Network Forums

Problem installing FSUIPC FS9

Hi Pete,

after ages I am back to the old FS9 and made a clean reinstallation of the whole bunch, but surprise my old code doesn't work anymore. It was bought through Simmarket. Please let me know if you need all details so that you can check (hopefully).

Thanks

Lorenzo Schiavetti

after ages I am back to the old FS9 and made a clean reinstallation of the whole bunch, but surprise my old code doesn't work anymore. It was bought through Simmarket. Please let me know if you need all details so that you can check (hopefully).

The registration codes for FSUIPC3 have never changed. But the signature check has because the old signature expired. Make sure you installed 3.98 so that the signature is valid..

The registration needs your name, email and code all EXACTLY as when purchased. It doesn't matter if you changed your email address since, you enter the original. If any of those three things are wrong, the code will be rejected. If you are being told it is invalid, you are entering something wrong in one of those three fields.

If the symptom is that it is accepted, but then FSUIPC doesn't work, check that you did install 3.98, and that the system date on your PC is correct.

Regards

Pete

[This is an EDITED reply]

The registration codes for FSUIPC3 have never changed. But the signature check has because the old signature expired. Make sure you installed 4.60 so that the signature is valid..

The registration needs your name, email and code all EXACTLY as when purchased. It doesn't matter if you changed your email address since, you enter the original. If any of those three things are wrong, the code will be rejected. If you are being told it is invalid, you are entering something wrong in one of those three fields.

If the symptom is that it is accepted, but then FSUIPC doesn't work, check that you did install 4.60, and that the system date on your PC is correct.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

and thanks for your hint. I installed version 3.98 (the latest found at your site for FS9), that's probably the culprit. So basically I must install version 4.60 the one for FSX?

Thanks

Lorenzo Schiavetti

and thanks for your hint. I installed version 3.98 (the latest found at your site for FS9), that's probably the culprit. So basically I must install version 4.60 the one for FSX?

Whoops! No! Sorry! Part way through replying I switched to FSX mode! :neutral:

No, 3.98 is fine. Just make sure your entries for Registration are all exactly correct, not just the code itself. The correct email is the one at tele2.it.

I'm editing my original reply too to avoid confusing other readers!

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

I'm sorry to be back to you but it doesn't work, look at the screenshot:

30815693.jpg

I've just copied and pasted as usual. I think there is something strange going on here the message that appears when I hit the "OK" button is clear.

Can you help me?

Thanks

Lorenzo Schiavetti

I'm sorry to be back to you but it doesn't work, look at the screenshot:

Have you run the FSUIPC 3.98 installer? The registration should be performed there, as described in the Installation documentation provided, NOT in FSUIPC Options with FS running. That is the old method, and to do that you need to take special precautions (also described, but only in the User Guide which gets installed)..

Please re-run the Installer and register there. Then tell me what happened.

I think there is something strange going on here the message that appears when I hit the "OK" button is clear.

Sorry, I don't understand what you are saying.

if you still get a problem Registering in the installer, as documented, please send me an email with all the three parts of the Registration and I will try it here. As there's been no change at all in any of that part of the program I cannot understand why there's any problem, but I can check. Email to petedowson@btconnect.com .

Regards

Pete

Oh dear. The details you sent me are for FSUIPC4, and clearly say so. You cannot use your FSUIPC4 key for FSUIPC3!

Pete

Pete,

I feel so stupid. Actually I bought both versions at Simmarket but caught the first one that was for FSX. :oops:

Sorry for bothering.

Regards

Lorenzo