The simFlight Network Forums

assignment flaps

Hi Mr.Dowson

I´m a client of your product. Order number from Simmarket is 686395.

First at all, i apologize for my english because is not good, i hope you can understand me.

After read the manuals and the forum support, I need a special help from you because i can´t configurate the flap lever, in order that this one is activated in each dash8 set of flaps (0, 5, 10, 15 and 35 deg, look at the picture attached “flapsdash8”) using the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + pro Flight Throttle Quadrant.

I have read many times FSUIPC user guide (pgs 52 and 53, CALIBRATING FLAPS WITH SPECIFIC DÉTENTE) but it´s imposible for my, I could´t. I am tired of trying and trying. Please help me with any thing, for example forming INI. file or with photographies, documents, I don´t know, where it explains in a simpler way. I think this is a peace of cake for you J. I´m Sorry. To put to work the flaps has been for my the most difficult thing to use in FSUIPC.

The axis is recogniced, (sent to fs as normal axis). The lever is on the meddle showing “0”, if i pull up the lever it marks 16383, pull down -16383 . also the lever axis is reconoced in the joystick calibration tab (doing all the steps, i think or simply i did not understand ). everything its ok but, when I accept the changes the lever becomes crazy, it goes up or goes down or stop but where it does not stop at the right place.

The aircraft is Dash8 from Majectic Software pilot edition 2.004. As i said this one have five sets of flaps.

The points where i want to put each five sets of flaps moving the lever of my quadrant are:

0º ----- IN 16383

5º------ IN 8704

10º-----IN -130

15º-----IN -8062

35-------IN -16384

Thanks for your comprehension and help.

Luis Chirivi.

post-18611-0-56297400-1291333534_thumb.j

The axis is recogniced, (sent to fs as normal axis).

But what control did you assign to the axis?

The lever is on the meddle showing “0”, if i pull up the lever it marks 16383, pull down -16383

You are reading this where, in the Axis assignment, or in the Calibration tab?

also the lever axis is reconoced in the joystick calibration tab (doing all the steps, i think or simply i did not understand ). everything its ok but, when I accept the changes the lever becomes crazy

What are the numbers you set for minimum and maximum?

Do not even think about setting any detentes until you have it working without. Anyway, the detente setting is aimed at folks with actual detentes on their hardware flaps control lever, for instance cockpit builders. Do you have such a lever? If it is an ordinary joysticvk axis there is no point in defining the detentes.

The aircraft is Dash8 from Majectic Software pilot edition 2.004.

If you don't know what you are doing, always check things out and get them working with a default aircraft first. I cannot untangle for you what is to do with FSUIPC and what is to do with your add-on.

As i said this one have five sets of flaps.

The number of detentes is totally irrelevant if you are not using the detentes facility. Please clarify.

The points where i want to put each five sets of flaps moving the lever of my quadrant are:

0º ----- IN 16383

5º------ IN 8704

10º-----IN -130

15º-----IN -8062

35-------IN -16384

Detentes can never be "points". They are regions of the axis. After calibrating the minimum and maximum values and making sure that works correctly, you need to proceed to detente calibration and for each position you must define a zone -- there's a lower limit and and upper limit for each detente.

It is impossible to guarantee the exact same readings each time, and the more "wobbly" the readings the wider the zones need to be.

It is no use showing me pictures of your Add-on panel. More appropriate would be the sections relating to Axes and JoystickCalibration in the FSUIPC INI, which would show me what you've done.

I suggest that you delete everything and start again. Please do do run before you can walk.

Regards

Pete

But what control did you assign to the axis?

You are reading this where, in the Axis assignment, or in the Calibration tab?

What are the numbers you set for minimum and maximum?[/font][/size]

Do not even think about setting any detentes until you have it working without. Anyway, the detente setting is aimed at folks with actual detentes on their hardware flaps control lever, for instance cockpit builders. Do you have such a lever? If it is an ordinary joysticvk axis there is no point in defining the detentes.

If you don't know what you are doing, always check things out and get them working with a default aircraft first. I cannot untangle for you what is to do with FSUIPC and what is to do with your add-on.

The number of detentes is totally irrelevant if you are not using the detentes facility. Please clarify.

Detentes can never be "points". They are regions of the axis. After calibrating the minimum and maximum values and making sure that works correctly, you need to proceed to detente calibration and for each position you must define a zone -- there's a lower limit and and upper limit for each detente.

It is impossible to guarantee the exact same readings each time, and the more "wobbly" the readings the wider the zones need to be.

It is no use showing me pictures of your Add-on panel. More appropriate would be the sections relating to Axes and JoystickCalibration in the FSUIPC INI, which would show me what you've done.

I suggest that you delete everything and start again. Please do do run before you can walk.

Regards

Pete

Pete, can you please explain to me how I can delete the settings I have tried to do in FSUIPC to start all over.

Thank you

Hi, Mr. Dowson

The explanation was brilliant. This explanation should be in the user manual as it is. "I think"

“(…) Do not even think about setting any detentes until you have it working without. Anyway, the detente setting is aimed at folks with actual detentes on their hardware flaps control lever, for instance cockpit builders. [...] If it is an ordinary joysticvk axis there is no point in defining the detentes.

The number of detentes is totally irrelevant if you are not using the detentes facility.

Detentes can never be "points". They are regions of the axis. After calibrating the minimum and maximum values and making sure that works correctly, you need to proceed to detente calibration and for each position you must define a zone -- there's a lower limit and and upper limit for each detente. (...)"

Thanks Mr Dowson by your answer

Luis Ch.

The explanation was brilliant. This explanation should be in the user manual as it is. "I think"

The manual does actually say:

However, for those of you who are building a flaps lever with détentes for the flap selections specific to your chosen aircraft, facilities exist to calibrate the axis values to match your détentes precisely. This is described in the following section.

and then the whole process of assigning detentes does start with

The process to calibrate your détentes

If you don't actually have any on your lever, why would you mistakenly try to calibrate the detentes you don't have?

Regards

Pete