The simFlight Network Forums

Marco Description for Project Magenta

Hello Pete,

i am on the way to programm my VRinsight MCP Combo with the FSUIPC Macros for Project Magenta.

Now i need a litle bit more description for the Macros.

e.g. i need the Macro for the Button on the left top in the EICAS for the setting of Decition and Radio height. PM can also press the Button, but i dont know the correct name of the Macro for the Button and can also not find it.

So the Question: Have you a litle Description what all the PM Macros do ?

Here are Macro Names e.g. "PM MCP LNAV MODE BUTTON", ok here is all clear, but here are some other names not so clear.

Also how must i use the "PM MCP Kcodes ( by Param )" ?

Please can you explain this?

Thanks

Matthias

i am on the way to programm my VRinsight MCP Combo with the FSUIPC Macros for Project Magenta.

What macros for PM? Many PM functions are directly assignable in the FSUIPC dropdowns. I don't provide any PM macros, and the PM controls added just manipulate PM offsets.

In general on PM matters, you would be better off asking PM support, or at least vitiing the PM section of "MyCockpits" (http://www.mycockpit...enta-User-Group)

e.g. i need the Macro for the Button on the left top in the EICAS for the setting of Decition and Radio height. PM can also press the Button, but i dont know the correct name of the Macro for the Button and can also not find it.

You really need the PM offsets reference, or at least the list of PM added FSUIPC controls in the Advanced User's guide for FSUIPC. I just checked there, and there's only the facility to set DH or set MDA modes. I guess the only way to then INC or DEC the values is by sending it a keypress. I have my MCP + EICAS switches interfaced directly to the PM MCP program, so I'm not really familiar with that part of PM.

So the Question: Have you a litle Description what all the PM Macros do ?

If you mean the added PM controls, they simply change the offsets noted in the Advanced User's guide. I think, long ago, when this was first done (in FS98/FS2000 days) they pretty much all used to work fine, but I suspect that as PM has been developed the support for some has fallen by the wayside, or been dislocated in error.

Here are Macro Names e.g. "PM MCP LNAV MODE BUTTON", ok here is all clear, but here are some other names not so clear.

Yes, they are from the PM documentation. Sorry. And they are not what we call "macros" in FSUIPC terms, but simple names for controls added to those from FS by FSUIPC.

Also how must i use the "PM MCP Kcodes ( by Param )" ?

The parameter field is set to the number in the list for the associated function. As it says in the document:

PM MCP Kcodes (by Param), see Pm offsets list, 04F2

This way of controlling the PM MCP may offer some features not found elsewhere. The parameter is the number used in the Elan Informatique “Knnn” codes normally sent to the MCP via a serial connection. Here is a list of those known at present, but please refer to the PM offsets document for up-to-date information:

Please can you explain this?

Not really any more than documented. That's why the documentation is there. This one merely writes the parameter number to offset 04F2. The rest is up to PM, as documented by PM.

Regards

Pete

What macros for PM? Many PM functions are directly assignable in the FSUIPC dropdowns. I don't provide any PM macros, and the PM controls added just manipulate PM offsets.

In general on PM matters, you would be better off asking PM support, or at least vitiing the PM section of "MyCockpits" (http://www.mycockpit...enta-User-Group)

You really need the PM offsets reference, or at least the list of PM added FSUIPC controls in the Advanced User's guide for FSUIPC. I just checked there, and there's only the facility to set DH or set MDA modes. I guess the only way to then INC or DEC the values is by sending it a keypress. I have my MCP + EICAS switches interfaced directly to the PM MCP program, so I'm not really familiar with that part of PM.

If you mean the added PM controls, they simply change the offsets noted in the Advanced User's guide. I think, long ago, when this was first done (in FS98/FS2000 days) they pretty much all used to work fine, but I suspect that as PM has been developed the support for some has fallen by the wayside, or been dislocated in error.

Yes, they are from the PM documentation. Sorry. And they are not what we call "macros" in FSUIPC terms, but simple names for controls added to those from FS by FSUIPC.

The parameter field is set to the number in the list for the associated function. As it says in the document:

Not really any more than documented. That's why the documentation is there. This one merely writes the parameter number to offset 04F2. The rest is up to PM, as documented by PM.

Regards

Pete

Ok, you dont understand me.

i mean the blue marked section in the atached picture. Have you for that ( called macro or not ) a description what the functions do ?

About the offsets a question:

on the PM Site you can find that:

The MCP Throughpass (Offset 0x4F2) can use the following codes as well, e.g. to send K020 set value in 0x4F2 to 20decimal. When read, the MCP sets 0x4F2 back to 0.

Switches send following telegrams (hardware to program):

SPDP K010 (SPD pushbutton 747 MCP, Speed Intervention on B737 MCP)

HDGP K011 (heading SEL pushbutton 747 MCP, use K025 for HDG HOLD, K025 for HDG SEL on the 737)

ALTP K012 (ALT pushbutton 747 MCP, Altitude Intervention on 737 MCP)

ATDISC K016 (disconnect autothrottle) from MCP build

FDON K017 (switch on RIGHT )

FDFF K018 (switch off RIGHTF/D)

ATON K019 (switch on)

ATFF K020 (switch off)

THR/N1 K021

TOGA Throttle Button K121

SPD K022

FLCH K024

MACH K023

HDG K025

VNAV K026

LOC K028

LNAV K027

APP K029

ALT K030

VS K031

AP1 K032

AP2 K033

CWSA K034

CWSB K035

AP3 K036

FDON K037 (switch on LEFT F/D)

FDFF K038 (switch off LEFT F/D)

APDI K099 (AP Disengage - defined for 747-400 MCP)

APDI K040 (AP Disengage - not used in 747-400 MCP)

APEN K041 (AP Engage - not used in 747-400 MCP)

FPV K044

FPV K144 Copilot

MTRS K045

MTRS K145 Copilot

CTRND K046

TFC K047 (TCAS)

TFC K147 (Copilot TCAS)

RST K048

RST K148 Copilot RST

Boeing

STD K049

STD K149 Copilot STD

But when i select

Offset Byte Set and enter the Offset and Parameter nothing will happen.

See the Atached Picture FSUIPC_1.jpg

Matthias

post-4361-0-39899000-1292705071_thumb.jp

post-4361-0-08399700-1292706429_thumb.jp

i mean the blue marked section in the atached picture. Have you for that ( called macro or not ) a description what the functions do ?

They are all added PM controls as described in the Advanced User's guide for FSUIPC. They are all based on PM offsets documented in the PM documentation, as I pointed out.

Offset Byte Set and enter the Offset and Parameter nothing will happen.

See the Atached Picture FSUIPC_1.jpg

You mean where you assigned button 256,28 to send hex 49 (decimal 73) to a 1 byte offset at 04F2?

According to my PM offsets list, offset 04F2 is a 2-byte (WORD) value, not a one byte one.

Value 73 is documented as being K-code for the VOR2 seelctor

You seem to have assigned this to be sent both when you press the button and when you release it. Why?

Note that you could have more easily (and more reliably -- because FSUIPC follows PM's queuing protocol for these inputs) assigned the same control by using "PM MCP Kcodes (by param)" with a parameter of 73.

I'm sorry, but I really have no idea what you are up to, nor why you added those large pictures. I certainly did understand your original question,but you evidently did not understand my reply.

Regards

Pete