The simFlight Network Forums

problems with erratic/random rudder movement in FS2204

Hi Pete,

I have a little problem with FSUIPC / FS2004.

Firstly, I run your excellent program on both FSX and FS2004 (both with latest FSUIPC version.

When using ANY aircraft calibrated using FSUIPC in FS2004 I get wild rudder movements - I have re-calibrated many times with regard to having a suitable dead-zone, but cannot seem to fix this problem. This is a new problem and only started happening in the last couple of days. I thought initially that my Saitek rudder pedals were "on the way out" so I checked using FSX and, again, FSUIPC calibrated a/c. No problems at all. So, it isn't the pedals I guess.

I havn't changed any software settings etc for this to happen that I am aware of. Interestingly (and this might be relevant) when changing views in ifly 737, for example, the rudder goes nuts!. Recalibratingseems to make no difference.

Your advice would be much appreciated.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Pete will only ask you this anyway, but rather that saying "latest version" of FSUIPC, can you give an exact version number, please? I know that the module has been updated several times in the very recent past, as people have been discussing features and problems, so what was "latest" yesterday may well not be today! :)

Cheers,

Ian P.

Thanks.

I'm sorry I can't help with your problem - I'm a fairly amateur FSUIPC user as they go (although I think I'm about to get sucked in by something I need to try and do...) but hopefully someone with more knowledge than I, or Pete himself, will be able to help you shortly.

All the best,

Ian P.

When using ANY aircraft calibrated using FSUIPC in FS2004 I get wild rudder movements - I have re-calibrated many times with regard to having a suitable dead-zone, but cannot seem to fix this problem. This is a new problem and only started happening in the last couple of days. I thought initially that my Saitek rudder pedals were "on the way out" so I checked using FSX and, again, FSUIPC calibrated a/c. No problems at all. So, it isn't the pedals I guess.

Sorry, you'll need to explain that bit of 'logic' for me, because I cannot follow it. What "proves" it isn't hardware, again?

I havn't changed any software settings etc for this to happen that I am aware of.

Hardware can change on its own, but software cannot.

Interestingly (and this might be relevant) when changing views in ifly 737, for example, the rudder goes nuts!. Recalibratingseems to make no difference.

Sorry, I've no idea, but multiple assignment seems to be the most likely, assuming the hardware is actually okay. Why not enable the FSUIPC axis logging and see what is going on? Certainly there's no possible relationship between views and joystick inputs in FSUIPC. It has no idea about what views you select, and no need to care.

Regards

Pete

• 2 weeks later...