The simFlight Network Forums

Button assignment Saitek X52 Throttle

I have a Saitek X52 Throttle, on which I assigned a lot of buttons via FSUIPC3 (FS9). However a number of buttons (for instance button 30), rotating buttons and a slider don't react in the "Buttons and Switches" section of FSUIPC3, nor they do inside FS9 and FSX.

Is there a way to assign these buttons, rotating buttons and the slider via FSUIPC, or do I have to use the Saitek SST Software.

Marry Christmas to you all.

Werner Verwaal

I have a Saitek X52 Throttle, on which I assigned a lot of buttons via FSUIPC3 (FS9). However a number of buttons (for instance button 30), rotating buttons and a slider don't react in the "Buttons and Switches" section of FSUIPC3, nor they do inside FS9 and FSX.

FSUIPC3 uses the Windows "joy" interface, which supports 32 buttons (0-31 or 1-32 depending who's counting), plus 6 axes and one POV (Point-of-view, or 'Hat').

FS9 and FSX and FSUIPC4 use the DirectInput interface, which supports two extra axes and another 3 POVs.

Later versions of DirectInput support up to 64 buttons I think.

So, if those Saitek controls aren't seen by FS9 nor FSX, I'm afraid FSUIPC has no hope whatsoever.

Is there a way to assign these buttons, rotating buttons and the slider via FSUIPC, or do I have to use the Saitek SST Software.

Unless the freeware SPAD program can handle that device I think you are stuck with Saitek software. SPAD is at http://fstools.weebly.com.

Regards

Pete