The simFlight Network Forums

SB4 ident not working V4.645

Hello,

As a 767 cockpit builder, I was happy to read the FSUIPC now supports several SB4 functions, notably the Xponder standby & Active toggle as well as the "Ident" function.

I had no trouble setting up the "STB/ON mode C" but I cant get the "ident" function to work? I am using FSUIPC version 4.645.

To try and activate this function, I bring up the FSUIPC window, then go the the buttons & switches tab, Then tap my momentary switch, (Fsuipc recognizes it), then go I scroll down and select the option : xpndr Ident SB4.

When I load up SB4 afterward, my PPT & STBY/Mode C works, but not the Ident?

Running FSX, Level-D 767.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks,

~Polmer

I had no trouble setting up the "STB/ON mode C" but I cant get the "ident" function to work? I am useing FSUIPC version 4.645.

The only difference is that the Ident writes to a different byte of SB4's ClientData. It uses SimConnect in exactly the same way for all of the SB4 inputs.

I don't have SB4 installed and don't use it at all. The facility has been tested and proved working by others. All I could do is verify that my end was doing what it was intended to do. If you want me to verify that on your system, with SB4 running, you'll need to get a SimConnect log, as it all happens there. If you look in the FAQ SubForum it tells you how to how to get one of those (FSX Help: Logging SimConnect").

Otherwise, sorry, but you probably need to go to the SB4 support forum and ask around.

Regards

Pete

Hello,

Regarding my issue using FSUIPC to activate the SB4 command "ident";

attached are several of lines from my Simconnect log file.

0.00000 SimConnect version 10.0.61259.0

0.01117 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=Pipe, Name=\\.\pipe\Microsoft Flight Simulator\SimConnect, MaxClients=64

0.01475 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=IPv6, Address=::1, Port=1039, MaxClients=64

0.01731 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=IPv4, Address=127.0.0.1, Port=1153, MaxClients=64

0.16425 Exe Launched: Path="C:\Program Files\GoFlight\GFDevFSX.exe" CommandLine="" Version="1.90.0.4"

0.20337 Panels data export found and set to 20AF19E8

0.64842 DLL Loaded: Path="bglmanx.dll" Version="2.6.0.0"

0.88211 Panels data export found and set to 20AF19E8

1.50484 DLL Loaded: Path="Modules\FSUIPC4.dll" Version="4.6.4.5"

1.68436 DLL Loaded: Path="Modules\LVLD.dll" Version="1.4.2.1"

2.04159 DLL Loaded: Path="C:\Program Files\SquawkBox\sbtrans10.dll" Version="<Unknown>"

2.04670 DLL Loaded: Path="C:\Program Files\SquawkBox\sbaicontrol10.dll" Version="<Unknown>"

2.18053 DLL Loaded: Path="C:\Program Files\SquawkBox\sbmod10.dll" Version="<Unknown>"

Not sure if this helps or not,

~Polmer

Regarding my issue using FSUIPC to activate the SB4 command "ident";

attached are several of lines from my Simconnect log file.

Not enough, though. Assuming tou actually tried to do the Indent, you need to look for lines involving Client data.

If you want me to check, ZIP up the file and send to petedowson@btconnect.com.

Pete

• 4 months later...

<Update & resolution>

I did some further research and found that In SB3, the ident light would not show unless you directly pressed the button on the pop up Sb transponder.

So with his in mind, I logged into Vatsim and asked ATC if they could verify if my Ident button worked using fsuipc & SB4.

I pressed the assigned button (using the fsiupc). I performed this test twice ,using two different airports & controllers; both said they had my ident and that it was indeed working.

I am going to move forward as though it is a bug with SB4 and not fsuipc/simconnect.

Regards,

~Polmer