The simFlight Network Forums

Offsets in UIPC

I want to add an Offset from FSCONV to the FSUIPC4 INI file under the [keys] section.

This is my line:

[Keys]

206=81,8,+0x8B004E2RL7,0 << ERROR 24! Line ignored >>

For testing purposes I have assigned the "Q" key to trigger the offset (therefore the 81 in above line), but I am sure I am stroking the cat with my actual offset layout. I am running FSCONV and offset data obtained from the user manual. This is what they give:

"You will find the new offsets in the FSUIPC Offset space 0x8B00 – 0x8BFF, reserved exclusively for FSCONV. A big thank you goes to Pete Dowson, author of FSUIPC! "

"Information and Command tables have two columns in common. The Offset column (O), specifying a hexadecimal offset, whereby the first two hexadecimals (8B) are always the same and thus left out for clarity, and the Size column (S), specifying the size in bytes. "

Command tables have a Type column (T); command offsets can have seven different types of behaviour"

Here is how they give my required offset: Offset column=4E Size column=2 Type Column=RL Bit=7

So my question is, how do I type above offset information so that FSUIPC will reconize it in the INI file?

Thx

I want to add an Offset from FSCONV to the FSUIPC4 INI file under the [keys] section.

Why not use the Keys assignment dialogue in FSUIPC options?

This is my line:

[Keys]

206=81,8,+0x8B004E2RL7,0 << ERROR 24! Line ignored >>

What is that intended to mean? Where do you get that strange incorrect syntax from?

For testing purposes I have assigned the "Q" key to trigger the offset (therefore the 81 in above line)

What does "trigger an offset" mean? You either write a byte, word, dword or double value, or set, clear or toggle bits in a byte or word or dword. All of these things can be assigned for any offset by using the options. Trying to figure out how that is supposed to look in the INI file is a bit strange when it is done for you so easily.

Here is how they give my required offset: Offset column=4E Size column=2 Type Column=RL Bit=7

So my question is, how do I type above offset information so that FSUIPC will reconize it in the INI file?

Don't!

That is saying offset x8B4E (not your "8B004E2RL7" which makes no sense and isn't even hexadecimal), which is a WORD (2 bytes = 16-bits = Word, please see the FAQ about bits and bytes and so forth), has something called RL (which beats me) in bit 7 (which is the bit worth 128 in decimal, or x80 in hex.

Run FS, go into FSUIPC options, Keys tab, as when you assign any key. In the dropdown find Offset Word SetBits (or Clrbits or ToggleBits), depending whether you want to set, clear or toggle the bit, the x8B4E for the offset and x80 for the parameter.

Pete

Hi Pete

Followed your directions and what do you know, it worked! Thank you very much for the guidance. Had to use the "Offset Word Set" option for it to work correctly and programmed a second switch with bit4 = Hex 10 also and it works great. Being armed with this new tool and little bit more knowledge I am all exited again to continue my hobby.

Merry X-Mas!

Regards

Bosvel

Followed your directions and what do you know, it worked! Thank you very much for the guidance. Had to use the "Offset Word Set" option for it to work correctly and programmed a second switch with bit4 = Hex 10 also and it works great.

Beware, though. The "Set" control will change all 16 bits, so used with, say, x10, it will set bit 4 and clear all the others. If the value in that offset is only ever supposed to have one bit set (i.e. it is a selector switch) then that's okay, but for bits assigned for different functions you should use "SetBits", "clrBits" or "toggleBits", as appropriate.

Regards

Pete

Beware, though. The "Set" control will change all 16 bits, so used with, say, x10, it will set bit 4 and clear all the others. If the value in that offset is only ever supposed to have one bit set (i.e. it is a selector switch) then that's okay, but for bits assigned for different functions you should use "SetBits", "clrBits" or "toggleBits", as appropriate.

Hi Pete,

Thx for that. It is all starting to make sense. Yes the two switches I assigned the Offsets to are part of a selector switch. (Level-D B767 IRS Selector) With the normal key assignments or mouse macro's I could only scroll up and down thru the selector options. Now I can use a rotary switch with an offset for each selector position. Magic!

Regards

Henco