The simFlight Network Forums

Assigning 2D Views AND 3d panning both using hatswitch?

I would like to re-create the 2D panel views when using the hatswitch and the panning views when in a VC cockpit as one typically sees using FS9. Can I program FSUIPC to know which "view" I am in and thus give me panning or spot views? (hope I am making sense here).

Reading up it in the manual seems I can use one or the other but for both like FS9? Maybe manually editing the .ini? Reading up now on the Advance User's Guide but thought I would throw this out there as I research. You may be asking why not just use the default FS9 programming for this? Well, my pedal's rudders and toe brakes tend to get screwed when I have them on so I would like to try and just turn off all joysticks in FS9.

thx,

CLutch

I would like to re-create the 2D panel views when using the hatswitch and the panning views when in a VC cockpit as one typically sees using FS9. Can I program FSUIPC to know which "view" I am in and thus give me panning or spot views? (hope I am making sense here).

Yes, perfectly.

There is an FSUIPC offset (x8320) which tells you the view mode of the currently selected window. if you only have one view window open, like normal, this would be usable for what you want to do. The value of the 1 byte offset (in FS9) is

1=2D cockpit, 2=virtual cockpit, 3=tower, 4=spot, 5=top down

You'd have to assign the POV to the pan controls when the offset is 2 (and maybe some of the others, depending what you wanted) and the view controls when the offset is 1.

Reading up it in the manual seems I can use one or the other but for both like FS9? Maybe manually editing the .ini? Reading up now on the Advance User's Guide but thought I would throw this out there as I research. ...

Yes, you'd have to do it in the INI file, and the Advanced User's document is where to look. you need the offset conditional methods -- there's a section on that.

Regards

Pete