The simFlight Network Forums

Can't make changes or clear button+switches page

Pete,I am trying to change a switch assignment on my Saitech throttle quad and when I go to buttons+ switches it is stuck on joystick #3 button#7.Won't let me clear it.I am trying to use FS control assignment for AP panel altitude hold on/off.When I go to FS control menu and try to assign it it says it is assigned to button 8 and won't let me clear it there.It was working at one time and I reloaded an older fsuipc.ini but no help.Thanks,Ron

I am trying to change a switch assignment on my Saitech throttle quad and when I go to buttons+ switches it is stuck on joystick #3 button#7.

Joystick #3 being the Saitek, or something else?

For a button to be stuck showing all the time it must be constantly switching on and off, indicating a faulty device or connection. Which device and which button is it?

Won't let me clear it.I am trying to use FS control assignment for AP panel altitude hold on/off.When I go to FS control menu and try to assign it it says it is assigned to button 8 and won't let me clear it there.

Button 8 in the FS assignment dialogue is the same as a button 7 in FSUIPC (FSUIPC counts from 0, like windows, not from 1 like FS), so confirming the fault.

It was working at one time and I reloaded an older fsuipc.ini but no help.Thanks,Ron

It isn't FSUIPC or the INI, but whatever device is causing the problem. However, FSUIPC does provide a facility to ignore faulty buttons (whereas FS doesn't). It is documented in the Advanced User's guide, in the section on Button Programming, about 5th para down. The parameter is "IgnoreThese" and you provide a list of j.b pairs. In your case:

IgnoreThese=3.7

This goes into the main [buttons] section of the INI, beflore loading FS.

Pete

OK,That worked.Thank you very much.I have my landing gear working with an axis lever,now I am trying to get cowl flaps to do same.I keep reading the manual and probably will get it unless you can explain it to me in very simople terms.Thanks,Ron