The simFlight Network Forums

zoom problem

Hi,

I use FSUICP with a CH product yoke and I try to assing a button to the zoom in and zoom out functions.

I went to the Button & Switches screen of the FSUIPC and pushed the switch I wanted for zoom in. It worked fine and I defined it as a key to be sent when the button is pressed. this is the key 0 that i use on my keyboard for zoom out. The same for zoom in where I wanted to use the + key (FSUIPC identify it as the =+ key which seems fine.

The problem is when using those button in fsx. It work on entry then regularly stop to work. Often it seems related to zooming out to 0.3 then it seems to stop accepting any change. The weird things is that it does not accept direct key press from the keyboard for zooming.

If I want to restore proper function, I have to open a new view, the zoom will work in this one. If I close the new view, it restore the proper operation of the zoom button in the main view.

Any clue what is happening?

Pierre

The problem is when using those button in fsx. It work on entry then regularly stop to work. Often it seems related to zooming out to 0.3 then it seems to stop accepting any change. The weird things is that it does not accept direct key press from the keyboard for zooming.

Sounds like a bug in FSX, though I think there's a limit in any case on zooming out. Are you sure 0.3 is not the limit?

Any clue what is happening?

No, but I would never advise using key presses in any case. Why not use the FS controls instead? There are several:

Zoom in

Zoom in file

Zoom out

Zoom out fine

Zoom plus

Zoom minus

Zoom 1x

Pete