The simFlight Network Forums

Multiple Joysticks in 2004

Peter,

I'm trying to use multiple USB joysticks(yoke and combatstick) in FS2004. I had a similar setup in 2002 which worked properly using your instructions and the patch for controls.dll. The patch won't work on the controls.dll in FS2004. Can you assist me please?

(the other)Peter

I'm trying to use multiple USB joysticks(yoke and combatstick) in FS2004. I had a similar setup in 2002 which worked properly using your instructions and the patch for controls.dll. The patch won't work on the controls.dll in FS2004. Can you assist me please?

Ah, all that patch does is enable axis assignments for almost any control (and vice versa for that matter). With quite a list of axes now in FS I didn't think it would be necessary to update it, but I expect I can when I get some time. I'm afraid I'm off sick at present and dare not do anything so intricate, I shall probably make a right mess of it.

Meanwhile, can't you find enough axes that you are otherwise not using, to assign to in the FS assignments dialogue? I wouldn't have thought you were using them all? Then you just need to find the numbers for them so you can edit them into FSUIPC.INI for the "B" control set. If the numbers aren't obvious from my current controls lists (for FS2000, FS2002), you can derive them by assigning keystrokes to them in FSUIPC "Keys" and seeing what number appears in the FSUIPC INI file.

I am making a note here to do an update both to the controls patch program and to the Controls List. It's just that there's so much to do I can't do it all at once!

Regards,

Pete