The simFlight Network Forums

Cockpit Views

Hi All,

I am using the registered version of FS9 , FSUIPC ver no 3.98. Taking advice from other users on the forum, I deleted all the entries from FS concerning joystick and peripheral assignments, so essentially I had to start and re-assign everything. I know have a problem that I do not know how to fix. I am using the 2D panel , and when I press the hat switch to view the F/O seat , the view changes and I can see everthing ok as long as I am holding the switch , when I let go of the switch I still get to see the F/O seat , it does not return to the "Global Instriment On" view. The same will apply if I move the hatswitch up or down, the view will not return to the global view on. Anyone has a suggestion for this ??

Thank you once again

Sotiris Soteriou

I am using the 2D panel , and when I press the hat switch to view the F/O seat , the view changes and I can see everthing ok as long as I am holding the switch , when I let go of the switch I still get to see the F/O seat , it does not return to the "Global Instriment On" view. The same will apply if I move the hatswitch up or down, the view will not return to the global view on. Anyone has a suggestion for this ??

You program the hat switch in any way you want. It isn't pre-programmed in FSUIPC, so you must have assigned it! If you want it to return to a specific view when you release it, you have to program the button release to set that view. FSUIPC is not going to "guess" what you want to be assigned and do it for you. If you think that you'd really be best of not using FSUIPC at all. FSUIPC is a tool. You use it as YOU want, not as it decides without your permission!

Did you not refer to the FSUIPC User Guide at all? Perhaps you missed that very suggestion, viz:

A typical use of different controls on button press and release is for Views, from a Hat. For example:

Button 33 (forward right) might be programmed with:

View Forward Right on press

View Forward on release

There are also examples of editing the INI file for hat assignments for panning instead of view selection in the FSUIPC User Guide.

Regards

Pete

You program the hat switch in any way you want. It isn't pre-programmed in FSUIPC, so you must have assigned it! If you want it to return to a specific view when you release it, you have to program the button release to set that view. FSUIPC is not going to "guess" what you want to be assigned and do it for you. If you think that you'd really be best of not using FSUIPC at all. FSUIPC is a tool. You use it as YOU want, not as it decides without your permission!

Did you not refer to the FSUIPC User Guide at all? Perhaps you missed that very suggestion, viz:

There are also examples of editing the INI file for hat assignments for panning instead of view selection in the FSUIPC User Guide.

Regards

Pete

As usual Pete , quick to answer without helping at all... !!!

I dont see what is so baffling in the question I asked . I have programmed all the views quite well and working very well when in SPOT view. When I am in the 2D cockpit I have the problem. I would have thought that this would apply to all the views once the hat switch has been programmed. Obviously not.

But Pete dont worry yourself over this, someone in one of the forums that I am part of will help me out with out me feeling as though I have asked the corniest thing in this world !! You just lucky there are so many people who help this forum out and help YOU out with FSUIPC becuase I doubt anyone would still be here with that arrogance you carry with you.

As usual Pete , quick to answer without helping at all... !!!

What? Of course I helped. You need to assign the release to the view you want it to go back to, exactly as the example quoted from the documentation!

Please don't bother coming back. I don't need your ignorant attitude. It helps no one, least of all yourself. Read the answer properly.

Pete