The simFlight Network Forums

Add On Aircraft

I have been flying Wilco's 737 PIC for FSX. I purchased the registered version of FSUIPC last week and started to program my Go Flight Modules for this Add On Aircraft.

I quickly learned that I cannot program most of the Over-Head controls, buttons, switches etc. because this software doen not have key sequencing.

My question is, What Boxed version of 737 or Airbus software is most compatable with FSUIPC

Thank you !.

I have been flying Wilco's 737 PIC for FSX. I purchased the registered version of FSUIPC last week and started to program my Go Flight Modules for this Add On Aircraft.

I quickly learned that I cannot program most of the Over-Head controls, buttons, switches etc. because this software doen not have key sequencing.

It only supports mouse operations for them? That's very poor.

If it's written with XML gauges it may be that its switches and values can be accessed via name local panel variables ("L:Vars"). They can be set via FSUIPC macro assignments, and also read in Lua plug-ins.

My question is, What Boxed version of 737 or Airbus software is most compatable with FSUIPC

Rather than "compatible with FSUIPC", because that isn't in question, I think you mean "amenable to being used with add-on hardware". For answers to that question I'm afraid I would have to rely on others to comment, but your first port of call should be to the User Contributions sub-forum where a lot of work has been documented for some aircraft,. There's also some hints on the FAQ subforum.

The reason I can't advise is that I simply do not use any add-on aircraft panels, but, instead, Project Magenta, which effectively supplants the systems you want to control. This is another avenue you might want to explore, depending on how much you want to spend. Apart from PM which is admittedly pretty expensive there are others of varying price or even free (I think). There's Sim-Avionics, Flight Deck Software, ProSim737and FsXpand that I know of.

Regards

Pete

The Wilco 737, to be fair, is an FS8 aircraft that was updated for FS9 and again for FSX compatibility. The majority of the panel and flight functions can be controlled using the keyboard and a lot of it also supports default controls. VRInsight, for instance, control the 737PIC aircraft with their devices using keypress emulation.

Much of the overhead, however, is not assignable to keys - primarily because it is not necessary for flight and unlike with the LDS767, for example, does nothing to affect the sim at all. It's clickable and makes lights flash or dials move, but that's all for the most part. Have you tried the default keys, however, for generators, engine starters, etcetera? I was surprised how many work on one of the Wilco models I tried. That wasn't the 737 (in fact I can't remember which one it was... the original ERJ maybe?) but it's still worth trying.

Ian P.

The Wilco 737, to be fair, is an FS8 aircraft that was updated for FS9 and again for FSX compatibility. The majority of the panel and flight functions can be controlled using the keyboard and a lot of it also supports default controls. VRInsight, for instance, control the 737PIC aircraft with their devices using keypress emulation.

Much of the overhead, however, is not assignable to keys - primarily because it is not necessary for flight and unlike with the LDS767, for example, does nothing to affect the sim at all. It's clickable and makes lights flash or dials move, but that's all for the most part. Have you tried the default keys, however, for generators, engine starters, etcetera? I was surprised how many work on one of the Wilco models I tried. That wasn't the 737 (in fact I can't remember which one it was... the original ERJ maybe?) but it's still worth trying.

Ian P.

Thanks Ian for the quick reply. I guess your correct, the overhead panel really doesn't do anything with regards to the actual flight. Still with all the Go Flight Modules I purchased, I'd like to actually assign them for something! I'll keep trying and see what I can come up with or just see if there is another software product that has more of the key programming, so I can go that route. Thanks again, until next time, Happy & Safe Flying.