The simFlight Network Forums

Registration WideFS & UIPC

Dear Peter,

Here´s a message form a novel user of your FSUIPC software.

After reading several websites I discovered that i had to use FSuipc to operate a VRInsight Combo panel with FSX.

My operating system is Windows7 64. So I visited your website and saw that I had to buy the software at the SimMarket site.

I also read that WideFS was included in FSUIPC software. So I visited the SimMarket site to order the software. On the

site there indeed was an offer to buy a combined package. But wat ever I clicked there was no real confirmation

that when buying FSUIPC I also would receive WideFS. So at the end (28/12-2010) received a Key for FSUIPC4version...

but no information what so ever on Wide FS.

2 weeks ago wanted to work with FScommander on a network PC so I needed the WideFS functionality. So I went back to

your website and read that I needed to buy WideFS 6.78 for it's WideClient.exe. So I went back to Simmarket and received the key.

Today I had some time to do the nework installation. I wanted to add the WideFS key (by running the FSUIPC installer) but

it will not recognize the key......I bought the 1-off Pete Downson WIDEFS6 package for Euro 23,80!!

I can send the offical purchase documents if that is required?

Can you please help me out here?

Kind regards,

Frans

Here´s a message form a novel user of your FSUIPC software.

Not you, then?

After reading several websites I discovered that i had to use FSuipc to operate a VRInsight Combo panel with FSX.

My operating system is Windows7 64. So I visited your website and saw that I had to buy the software at the SimMarket site.

You do not need to buy it to use VRInsight devices! VRInsight are an approved and licensed FSUIPC user (unlike Saitek, I might add!).

I also read that WideFS was included in FSUIPC software.

Where are you reading such rubbish? WideServer's CODE is included in FSUIPC4, for FSX, to make it more efficient. But WideFS, the product, remains a separate licensable program.

So I visited the SimMarket site to order the software. On the

site there indeed was an offer to buy a combined package. But wat ever I clicked there was no real confirmation

that when buying FSUIPC I also would receive WideFS.

You do not "order" the sofftware from SimMarket, nor receive it from them. SimMarket only provide registration keys. you can install FSUIPC and use it weithout ever visiting SimMarket.

So at the end (28/12-2010) received a Key for FSUIPC4version...

but no information what so ever on Wide FS.

What information do you expect? Did you select the option for a combined FSUIPC + WideFS price? If not, you don't get it.

2 weeks ago wanted to work with FScommander on a network PC so I needed the WideFS functionality. So I went back to

your website

I don't have a website.

... and read that I needed to buy WideFS 6.78 for it's WideClient.exe.

No. You buy WideFS7 for FSX or WideFS6 for FS9 and before. nothing to do with WideClient. wihich you can get and install on any number of clients, free. It is the WideServer which has to be registered.

So I went back to Simmarket and received the key.

Today I had some time to do the nework installation. I wanted to add the WideFS key (by running the FSUIPC installer) but

it will not recognize the key......I bought the 1-off Pete Downson WIDEFS6 package for Euro 23,80!!

Are you using FS9? If so it should work fine. WideFS6 is clearly defined as being for FS9 and before. If the key is rejected by the installer you are making a mistake somewhere. Maybe you are spelling your name incorrectly? That is the most common error.

Regards

Pete

Hi Peter,

Sorry to keep you waiting for a reply.....

Please first replace novel by novice....but I beleive you already noticed that after reading the first complete message :-P !

Concerning your remark : buying FSUIPC4 not required for use with VRInsight after reading your reply I took some more time to go

through the manual. again...and indeed it says.....not required registrating.....ok so I spended Euro 28,56......:sad:. I bought it 28th december 2010.

I just went back to Simmarket to look how the procedure is shown now, but it is really different from what it was in december. I selected both

at that time I received a key for FSUIPC4...Is the value of Euro 28,56 correct for both? In which cases should I require this key then?

You asked where did I read the rubbish? On the OFFICIAL PETER DOWSON PAGE (http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html) which I perhaps

wrongly described as 'your' website. I as a novice reading the text below...I did understand that WideFS7 is included?

FSX

FSUIPC4 4.60

NEW Full release of FSUIPC 4 (incorporating WideFS 7) for use with FSX March 3rd 2010 (3.3 MB)

WideServer7 is built into FSUIPC4, you will need the WideClient from the WideFS link below.

Perhaps I'm mixing things up here but to me it is simply not clear.

Anyway after reading above text I registrated the key WideFS7 at Simmarket but I received probably a wrong key? I really need FS7 since I use FSX.

I can send you the official purchase documents. Can you please assist me in getting the right WideFS version?

I checked my name but I did not make any mistakes when registrating, I simply got the wrong version I pressume?

Kind regards..and thanks for your patience....

Frans

Is the value of Euro 28,56 correct for both?

No. That's one or the other.

I as a novice reading the text below...I did understand that WideFS7 is included?

NEW Full release of FSUIPC 4 (incorporating WideFS 7) for use with FSX March 3rd 2010 (3.3 MB)

WideServer7 is built into FSUIPC4, you will need the WideClient from the WideFS link below.

Yes, the code for WideServer7 is built into FSUIPC4. As it says. But it won't work unless you buy a key for it.

Anyway after reading above text I registrated the key WideFS7 at Simmarket but I received probably a wrong key? I really need FS7 since I use FSX.

If you bought a WideFS 7 key for FSX you are good to go -- provided you used the same name for yourself when purchasing.

I checked my name but I did not make any mistakes when registrating, I simply got the wrong version I pressume?

Why do you presume this? What are you doing and what result are you getting?

Are you Frans van der Meij? If so i can see you purchased FSUIPC4, but not WideFS7 yet. you purchased WideFS6 on the 12th Jan though.

Regards

Pete

Hi Peter,

2.nd reply...

Indeed I'm Frans van der Meij.

I'll understand now that I have spend >50 euro for two keys which I even can not open any doors with? :blink:

I'll use FSX so I have bought/selected the wrong key in that case?

I will print out the screen (as said earlier)...perhaps you can solve this in another way?

How big is your heart for a FSX starter? Can you send a key for WideFS7?

Anyway thanks for the info sofar!

Kind regards,

Frans

Contact Simmarket via a support ticket and tell them you ordered the wrong key by mistake, they will sort you out. And do not post any screen shots with the key in them as Pete will have to Void them if you do. You should also edit your post above to remove the email address otherwise you will get spammed.

Indeed I'm Frans van der Meij!

In that case you made a mistake, buying a key for an FS9 product when you are using FSX. How did you not notice what you were buying?

I'll understand now that I have spend >50 euro for two keys which I even can not open any doors with? blink.gif

Sorry, what does opening doors have to do with things? If you mean FSX daircraft doors, why can't you open them? Try Shift+E. And you most certainly have one good key for fSUIPC4, so why exaggerate?

I'll use FSX so I have bought/selected the wrong key in that case?

I will print out the screen (as said earlier)...perhaps you can solve this in another way?

Please do NOT send me any screen picture. What is the point of that? There is no solution with the key you have, it's for the wrong product.

How big is your heart for a FSX starter? Can you send a key for WideFS7?

No, that is SimMarket's area. As Andy says, raise a Problem Ticket with them and see if they will look on you favourably. You might catch them in a good mood.

Please be more careful spending money in future. Always check you are buying what you wanted before pressing that "complete purchase" button.

Regards

Pete

Peter : the key and the door was a 'dutch' joke, normally you would open a door with a key...now I have two keys but can not open doors with it !!

Ah. I see. But you can with one of them.

Perhaps you can edit my email adres out of your reply as well?

Done.

Regards

Pete