The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC and assignments with TQ

Hello Peter

I have just installed my new Revolution Sim-Products TQ (motorised version) but I just cannot calibrate the flaps to allow the flaps up position to be selected

All the other detents are fine. I have tried every which way including reading the manual many many times (following the instructions to the letter)and whatever I do it will not assign flaps up.

I have checked for cross controls but there are no other controls assigned anywhere, and I have it calibrated properly in Windows game controllers.

I also have an issue with the fuel levers. They are seen by FSUIPC and assigned using the offsets 3590 and 3594 and the appropriate parameters but these refuse to work as well.

I understand of course this may not be an FSUIPC issue but I'm sure you will appreciate I have to start somewhere and I have attempted to find out what the cause(s) maybe already but have exhausted my knowledge with regard to this.

Thank you in anticipation of your reply

AW

I have just installed my new Revolution Sim-Products TQ (motorised version) but I just cannot calibrate the flaps to allow the flaps up position to be selected

All the other detents are fine.

You must calibrate it without using the detentes first. The flaps up position is always the one giving the output of zero. You need an area of the flaps lever movement all giving an 'OUT' value of zero.

I also have an issue with the fuel levers. They are seen by FSUIPC and assigned using the offsets 3590 and 3594 and the appropriate parameters but these refuse to work as well.

If you mean the starter levers, 3590 and 3594 are most certainly wrong. They are the fuel valves which are normally operated automatically by the system when you move the start levers from "cutoff" to "idle". The start levers are operated by the Mixture Lean (cut off) and Mixture Rich (idle0 controls in FS. Have you never used them to start a jet engine in FS before? Yopu are surely not one of those who relied on the simple auto-starting options in FS? ;-)

Regards

Pete

Hello Peter

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I was told of these offsets and prior to installing the TQ worked well with the old TQ. Unfortunately I don't understand enough about it. I have to say that fuel lever No.2 did work today using the said offsets but then decided not to!

By fuel levers I mean the levers at the rear and centre of the TQ numbered 1 (left) and 2 (right).

No I have never used auto starting.

With regards to the flaps I have done exactly as you mentioned and as previously mentioned read the instructions to the letter.

Thanks again

Alan

I was told of these offsets and prior to installing the TQ worked well with the old TQ. Unfortunately I don't understand enough about it. I have to say that fuel lever No.2 did work today using the said offsets but then decided not to

Well they are certainly wrong, and won't do anything if the fuel levers are set to cut-off still, as they will be unless you set Mixture Rich.

Please do see the FS help on how to start jet engines. The use of Mixture Lean and Mixture Rich to operate the start levers has been a feature of FS for as long as I remember, at least as far back as FS5 if not FS4.

By fuel levers I mean the levers at the rear and centre of the TQ numbered 1 (left) and 2 (right).

Yes, those are they. They are the Mixture Lean and Mixture Rich controls in FS. If you have to program offsets look up 0890 for Engine 1, etc.

Regards

Pete

Well they are certainly wrong, and won't do anything if the fuel levers are set to cut-off still, as they will be unless you set Mixture Rich.

Please do see the FS help on how to start jet engines. The use of Mixture Lean and Mixture Rich to operate the start levers has been a feature of FS for as long as I remember, at least as far back as FS5 if not FS4.

Yes, those are they. They are the Mixture Lean and Mixture Rich controls in FS. If you have to program offsets look up 0890 for Engine 1, etc.

Regards

Pete

Could you please send me the offsets you mentioned for the fuel levers. I'll give it a try and hopefully that will resolve the issue.

All offsets are listed in the documentation in the SDK. I can look them up, but so can you. I mentioned one of them, but you need to refer to documentation to see how to use them, and possibly use FSInterrogate (included in the SDK) to work it out.

Why are you using offsets in anny case? The levers are normally operated by the FS controls I mentioned. It should be a simple matter of assigning the switches accordingly.

Don't the suppliers of your quadrant offer any support?

Regards

Pete