The simFlight Network Forums

variables

I would like to have the variable list for fsuipc 4.3

FSUIPC 4.3 is not supported. It is much too old. The earliest supported version is 4.60, and the latest interim update is 4.664, available in the Download Links subforum here.

Once you've updated to a valid version of FSUIPC, you then need the FSUIPC SDK which contains the list of offset values in the "FSUIPC4 Offsets Status" document. Additions since 4.60 are listed in the addendum in the Download Links thread.

Regards

Pete

It depends what you want and has nothing to do with private or commercial use - although you do need to talk to Pete about commercial use.

For private use, unregistered FSUIPC acts as a route for programs outside the sim to talk to programs inside the sim, basically. Programs such as the VRS Super Hornet, Flight Sim Commander and others require unregistered FSUIPC to work properly.

Registered FSUIPC gives you a lot more control over how FS works. You can get rid of some of the more annoying weather and battery bugs, for instance, can calibrate and assign functions to controls in much more depth, it's just generally a tool to give you more control over your use of the sim.

I hope that helps a little?

Ian P.

I did purchase the key code. How do I get back to the registration page to enter the key code?

Registration is performed in the Installer. Just run the installer and enter the details when the facility is presented. There's actually an "installing and registering" guide included in the ZIP file, right next to the Installer program which you must run. Please read that.

Regards

Pete

I've seen the file "List of FSX controls" can you confirm me it is the list of variables?

If this is the list where are the lenght of the variable? And if I want to pull down the landing gear I must to put the variable 66080=1?

Sorry for the number of questions, but I don't work very well with the programmation

I've seen the file "List of FSX controls" can you confirm me it is the list of variables?

No, that is the list of FS controls, the things you can assign to keypresses, buttons and axes inside FS and inside FSUIPC. Please go to FS, Controls - Assignments and see similar lists there. The FSUIPC list is more complete and uses the actual internal "event" names of FS.

If this is the list where are the lenght of the variable? And if I want to pull down the landing gear I must to put the variable 66080=1?

No, you must send the FS control number 66080, which is also known as "Gear down" and you can assign it in FS or in FSUIPC's assignments dropdowns.

Sorry for the number of questions, but I don't work very well with the programmation

It might help if you looked at the right documentation. If you are writing a program to interface to FSUIPC you need the documentation in the SDK, not the user documentation supplied and installed with FSUIPC.

Pete

I'm not able to find the list, can you put the directory?

As I told you yesterday morning, but you seem to have forgotten already, the FSUIPC SDK is downloadable from the usual places -- including here in the Download Links subforum, and of course in the main place you get FSUIPC -- www.schiratti.com/dowson.

Why not use Google to find things? It would be faster. You seen to have spent two days already,.

Regards

Pete

Registration is performed in the Installer. Just run the installer and enter the details when the facility is presented. There's actually an "installing and registering" guide included in the ZIP file, right next to the Installer program which you must run. Please read that.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete

I saw the registration section when I installed FSUIPC but didn't have the key code at that time. I do have the key code now, however. Do I rerun the installer to get back to the registration page or is there a better way?

Learjet6

Do I rerun the installer to get back to the registration page or is there a better way?

Registration is done in the Installer. That is the only and best way. There's little point in having loads of extra code in the run-time program. The installer will not affect anything you've set already. It never touches INI files, for instance, and only replaces FSUIPC if it is the same or later than the one you have already.

Regards

Pete

Registration is done in the Installer. That is the only and best way. There's little point in having loads of extra code in the run-time program. The installer will not affect anything you've set already. It never touches INI files, for instance, and only replaces FSUIPC if it is the same or later than the one you have already.

Regards

Pete

Ok, thanks Pete. I just didn't want to run the installer again unless you said it wouldn't cause a problem.

Learjet6

Hello everyone.

I am currently setting up a Opencockpits analog module to simulate the vibration of the cockpit when the plane takes land, or is taxiing.

Is there any way to read the speed of the wheels?

Just what are the wheels and not the ground speed, because this also affects the airplane in the air.

Finally, heavy aircraft, there is a sensor called land / air. Is this sensor exists in FS? And Offset?

Thank you very much for your help.

Kind Regards.

Antonio Lorente

EC-AVL