The simFlight Network Forums

PTT for SB4 and TS

Hi Pete,

I currently have a joystick button assigned as PTT for SB using the 'PTT Transmit On'control, SB is on a second PC with widefs.

I also have Teamspeak 3 installed on that second PC and wish to use the same button as the SB one to activate TS voice.

Using the 'PTT Transmit..' control does not activate Teamspeak voice but works OK for SB.

Teamspeak, like SB, allows you to assign a keypress to activate voice so, does the 'PTT Transmit' control send a keypress to widefs and if so what keypress? That way I could assign that key to Teamspeak.

Alternately can I assign 'keypress' to my joystick button and then have 2 lots of KeySend entries in widefs, one to activate SB and one for Teamspeak?

eg

KeySend1=RWOn

KeySend2=RWOff

KeySend1=123,16

KeySend2=123,24

Thanks

Dave

I currently have a joystick button assigned as PTT for SB using the 'PTT Transmit On'control, SB is on a second PC with widefs.

I also have Teamspeak 3 installed on that second PC and wish to use the same button as the SB one to activate TS voice.

Using the 'PTT Transmit..' control does not activate Teamspeak voice but works OK for SB.

Right, because, as it says in the WideFS technical document, Teamspeak does not obey the RW/SB PTT command messages. You have to use keystrokes and "UseSendInput=Yes".

does the 'PTT Transmit' control send a keypress to widefs and if so what keypress?

No. there are no keypresses involved, only registered Windows messages.

Alternately can I assign 'keypress' to my joystick button and then have 2 lots of KeySend entries in widefs, one to activate SB and one for Teamspeak?

No, a keypress assigned to your joystick will send the keypress to FS, not to a Client PC. You must still use KeySend.

eg

KeySend1=RWOn

KeySend2=RWOff

KeySend1=123,16

KeySend2=123,24

Not that, either. You need separate KeySend numbers, then multiple assignments to your button at the FS end of things. You can have any number of assignments to the same button, but to do this you have to edit them in the FSUIPC INI file. just find the KeySend 1 and 2 assignments in the [buttons] section and ass two others for, say, KeySends 3 and 4.

Regards

Pete

Many thanks Pete.

Added the extra two button presses in FSUIPC and changed the second KeySend1 & keySend2 to 3 & 4 and Teamspeak voice activation works.woo hoo!

Haven't tried SB yet but if it doesn't work I'm sure I can figure it out.

Thanks once again.

Dave