The simFlight Network Forums

Question Please

Hi pete

I run FSUIPC on my main PC and WideFS on the client.

I also use a hagical little application called Synergy. Do you know it? It enables the full control of both PCs via single keyboard & mouse without having to setup a KVM or the like.

Triouble is, I think this is causing WideFS to pickup key commands and send them to FSX on the main PC.

Is there a way around this?

Thanks

I also use a hagical little application called Synergy. Do you know it? It enables the full control of both PCs via single keyboard & mouse without having to setup a KVM or the like.

No, I don't know Synergy. I use VNC, which provides the screens of other PCs on the Network as Windows on the one you are using, plus of course the mouse and keyboard use.

Triouble is, I think this is causing WideFS to pickup key commands and send them to FSX on the main PC.

No. WideClient only picks up keypresses if

1. it has the keyboard focus --unlikely unless you click first on its Window, assuming you have it visible, AND

2. you set the [user] parameter

SendKeyPresses=Yes

(this defaults to No when omitted).

The only Hot Key facility offered by WideClient is the one called ButtonKeys, which picks up defined keypresses even when WideClient doesn't have the keyboard focus, and uses them to toggle defined Virtual buttons for assignment in FSUIPC. But you have to add the details for each and every one of those for it to work.

Regards

Pete