The simFlight Network Forums

Missing DLL's after reinstall

Hello Pete how are you?

I recently purchased and installed the IFly Boeing 737 for FS2004. I downloded and installed, and I was having several issues. After I contacted them they told me that it was probably due to the fact that I have downloaded the software using Goocle Chrome instead of Internet Explorer, and that I also installed as a user not as the administrator. I unisntalled it downloaded again and I was having different issues (VNAV mode not climbing over 10,000 ft). They told me that sometimes FSUIPC gets corrupted and that I needed to reinstall it.

I created a folder in the desktop where I cut and pasted from the modules folder in FS the following files:

FSUIPC Install.log

FSUIPC.dll

FSUIPC.ini

FSUIPC.log

Then I executed the following file "Install FSUIPC.exe" installing FSUIPC 3.98

Then I registered using my registration, I did the registration for both FSUIPC and WideFS, even though I had not uninstalled Wide FS.

Then I installed Ifly Boeing 737 again. I rebooted the PC and then I try to enter FS2004 and I get the following message:

Error FS9

Flight Simulator was unable to load some aircraft or software. You can continue using Flight Simulator but this aircraft or Sotware will be disabled

File: CONTROLS.DLL,

I pressed OK then I get a similar message , this time the missing File is : DEMO.DLL

I pressed OK again and i got the message this time the missing File is : FACILITIES. DLL

Kept on pressing OK and the rest of the files missing or corrupted are:

FE.DLL, FLIGHT.DLL, INSTRUCTOR.DLL, MAIN.DLL, MULTIPLAYER.DLL, SYMMAP.DLL, WEATHER.FLL

Then I got the following message:

ERROR-FS9

The 'K:\FS9\MODULES\CONTROLS.DLL' file is missing or damaged

Please reinstall Flight Simulator to restore or repair the file.

Flight Simulator will now quit

What could have caused this? and is there any way to fix, or restore this files without having to reinstall everything?

Thanks for your help

Juan G. Ducaud

Edited by jgdl

They told me that sometimes FSUIPC gets corrupted and that I needed to reinstall it.

First I've ever heard of that. Maybe they know something about their installer?

I created a folder in the desktop where I cut and pasted from the modules folder in FS the following files:

FSUIPC Install.log

FSUIPC.dll

FSUIPC.ini

FSUIPC.log

Then I executed the following file "Install FSUIPC.exe" installing FSUIPC 3.98

What was the point of creating the folder for those files? The installer will provde you with FSUIPC.DLL. That's all of those that matters.

Oddly you chose not to keep the KEY file, your registration?

Then I registered using my registration, I did the registration for both FSUIPC and WideFS, even though I had not uninstalled Wide FS.

You don't need to re-register ever unless you delete your KEY file, or re-install Windows, or move to a different PC.

What could have caused this? and is there any way to fix, or restore this files without having to reinstall everything?

Seems in the process of messing with the FS Modules folder, for no good reason at all, you've deleted half of Flight Sim. You'll need to reinstall.

If you want to retain most of your current installation, rename the Flight Sim folder (the main one with FS9.EXE in it), do the installation, then just copy the complete Modules folder from the new installation to the old one. After that you can delete the new installation and rename the old one back. Alternatively, rename the new one "FS Backup" or similar so you always have a source for future repairs.

BTW nothing in any of this is at all related to FSUIPC or any of my software. In future, just run the FSUIPC installer. The only files you might want to backup from the Modules folder are the INI file (your FSUIPC settings) and the KEY file (your registration -- plus any Macro (.mcro) and Lua (.lua) files you may have created.

And there is no way FSUIPC.DLL can get "corrupted" and still run. It has a very foolproof check on any changes and will give you a specific error if any are detected.

Regards

Pete

Thanks for your reply Pete, here below attached is the reply that they gave me in relation to FSUIPC.

In any event, I have saved on another disc a full previous installation of FS9, I went and I copied all of those dll's over into the modules and replaced the corrupted ones, but when I restarted I got the same error messages.

Thanks for your reply Pete

Juan

Hi Juan,

It looks like you have a corrupt download. What your seeing is not normal behaviour. Can I ask if you read this post http://ifly.flight1....s-after-reading

We need a bit more information from you to be able to offer accurate help. If you downloaded with Google Chrome you will have issues. This product because there are so many models has 21 gauges and all it takes is for one of those to be corrupted.

I am guessing you are using Vista or Windows 7 because you mentioned UAC and right clicking on the installer to run as Admin. Please make sure there is no other malware or nay kind of protection on.

Another issue we get happend when the install is done in the 1st instance without the correct permissions UAC and Admin and the registered fsuipc gets corrupted and we see loads of issues.

If you backup all your current FSUIPC files to a safe area reinstall FSUIPC and see how things work.

If you stick with it we will get there. Information is King for us and thats why that posts asks for full system details and details of your gaming hardware.Cheers

Steve Masson

Edited by jgdl

In any event, I have saved on another disc a full previous installation of FS9, I went and I copied all of those dll's over into the modules and replaced the corrupted ones, but when I restarted I got the same error messages.

Sounds like they aren't in the right place, then, or from a different version of FS (there were FS9 and FS9.1).

Or, if you are using Vista or Win7, and let FS install into the default folder (the one in "Program Files", then you can't actually write into the real Modules folder without running Explorer "as administrator" (a right-click option). Windows protects all folders in Program Files. You see only an "aliassed" copy.

Another issue we get happend when the install is done in the 1st instance without the correct permissions UAC and Admin and the registered fsuipc gets corrupted and we see loads of issues.

No one has ever shown me any evidence of any FSUIPC corruption. Certainly if FSUIPC.DLL is corrupted it simply won't run. Maybe their install corrupted your registration, but then all that would happen is that you'd not get the user options.

Sorry, I can't offer any better advice than I have already.

Pete

No worries Pete, You have been more than helpful.

This is the latest reply I got.

Juan, The issue is 100% hardware related, unfortunately, I can't see what happening with your setup but my guess would be a conflict between FS and FSUIPC.

and here is my reply:

Steve, with all due respect, why do I have a conflict now between FSUIPC and FS, when I have been flying for thousands of hours using PMDG B744-400, PMDG B737, PMDG MD11, Level D 767, Flight 1 ATR-72-500, Wilco Embraer 145. and I have never have a conflict between them, I have never had a runaway plane as I do now.

I was able to fix my DLL issues, and FS is back to normal. I have been using FSUIPC and WIDEFS for while now and I its the most stable and useful program I have, Since its a behind the scenes program people don't know how much it can do. No fancy graphics, or bells and whistles, but rock solid performance

Thanks again Pete.

Juan

Hi Pete, In regards to my issues with the Ifly Boeing 737;after many tests and hours of testing , they were able to figure out what was wrong. My throttles did not respond to any automatic input either from the FMC or the MCP, only the physical movement of the throttles. It turns out that it was the fact that I used a USB hub to connect my CH Yoke, pedals and throttle quadrant, to the PC. Once I plugged in the throttles directly to one of the computer's available USP port, the throttle issues were gone. Interesting is the fact that I never had an issue with my throttles connected to the USB Hub, but it works. One of the other issues that I still have is the autopilot and/or LNAV disconnects. I realized that the Ifly 737 is extremely sentitive to joystick input, and sometimes merely brushing the yoke could cause a disconnect. The problem is that is pretty hard to use the POV HAT to move through your views without disconnecting the autopilot. Is it possible to increase the null zone of the aileron axis in order to reduce the diconnects? Could you tell me how is it done, or point me to where in the manual I can find the process?

Thanks and Regards,

Juan

Good. Happy flying! ;-)

Regards

Pete

I realized that the Ifly 737 is extremely sentitive to joystick input, and sometimes merely brushing the yoke could cause a disconnect. The problem is that is pretty hard to use the POV HAT to move through your views without disconnecting the autopilot. Is it possible to increase the null zone of the aileron axis in order to reduce the diconnects? Could you tell me how is it done, or point me to where in the manual I can find the process?

It's a major part of the essential steps in calibrating any axis, the numbered ones you should have followed in the Joystick Calibration section of the User Guide. If you've never noticed this you've really not calibrated anything properly.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete, I did but since I did not have issues with my joystick before, the the two middle calibration boxes for the aileron were exactly the same, leaving no null zone, yesterday I re-calibrated creating a null zone, and now it works perfectly.

Regards,

Juan

It's a major part of the essential steps in calibrating any axis, the numbered ones you should have followed in the Joystick Calibration section of the User Guide. If you've never noticed this you've really not calibrated anything properly.

Regards

Pete