The simFlight Network Forums

fsuipc wont recognise

Hi i have just purchased your fuipc program ,i am not having much luck with it i have tried all the instructions to the letter but i cant get it to recognise any joystick functions at all ,i have tried the disable joystick in fs9 ,it worked ok before installing fuipc ,i bought the program because i am making a tq for the pmdg 747 and informed on the internet that this is the program to get i have a ch throttle ch yoke and ch pedles ,please help

regards Steve

I have moved your post from the "FAQ" subforum. It won't get a reply there. That's a repository for Answers. For support please always use the Support Forum!

Hi i have just purchased your fuipc program ,i am not having much luck with it i have tried all the instructions to the letter but i cant get it to recognise any joystick functions at all ,i have tried the disable joystick in fs9 ,it worked ok before installing fuipc,i bought the program because i am making a tq for the pmdg 747 and informed on the internet that this is the program to get i have a ch throttle ch yoke and ch pedles

I always need to know FSUIPC version numbers. You can find them on the main About tab in the options, or in the Log, or in the DLL properties. If you are not using at least 3.98 then update first.

Why are you disabling joysticks in FS9? If you do that you will have to do all the assignments in FSUIPC. You don't need to do this just for calibration.in FSUIPC.

Where are you looking to see "joystick functions" and what, exactly, do you mean by them? There is nothing special or different about any of those CH devices, they are standard joystick connections and have always worked with every version of FSUIPC.

I'm afraid you'll need to explain things in rather more detail. Remember, I can't see what you are doing from here.

Regards

Pete

I have moved your post from the "FAQ" subforum. It won't get a reply there. That's a repository for Answers. For support please always use the Support Forum!

I always need to know FSUIPC version numbers. You can find them on the main About tab in the options, or in the Log, or in the DLL properties. If you are not using at least 3.98 then update first.

Why are you disabling joysticks in FS9? If you do that you will have to do all the assignments in FSUIPC. You don't need to do this just for calibration.in FSUIPC.

Where are you looking to see "joystick functions" and what, exactly, do you mean by them? There is nothing special or different about any of those CH devices, they are standard joystick connections and have always worked with every version of FSUIPC.

I'm afraid you'll need to explain things in rather more detail. Remember, I can't see what you are doing from here.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete

Thank you for your reply the version is 3.96 and was bought 2 days ago .in the instructions it says to disable the joystick funcion within fs9 ,then to go into fsuipc click on axis assignments and move any joystick lever but nothing happens it wont recognise any joy stick i have tried holding down the rescan but still nothing ,i have tried without fsuipc just normal fs9 fuction and the joysticks are working ,it seems when i put the fsuipc on it wont see any joysticks it looks a great program if only i can get it to work ,i am runing windows7, 32 bit .i have noticed when i load up fs9 then fsuipc ,i have just tried it again and i think it is working now .you have to keep clicking the rescan button ,thanks for your help i will let you know if all is ok

regards steve

Thank you for your reply the version is 3.96 and was bought 2 days ago .

But I just told you that if you weren't using at least 3.98 to update! :roll:

Version 3.96 is very old and completely unsupportable. Where did you get it 2 days ago? Please update to at least 3.98, from the proper download site (www.schiratti.com/dowson) as linked from the purchase page at SimMarket.

Even 3.98 is now a year old and it will actually be superseded next week by 3.99. I am just finishing off the documentation updates now. Always make sure you are up to date before you come for help.

In the instructions it says to disable the joystick funcion within fs9

Where does it tell you to do this? Naturally, if you want to assign axes in FSUIPC you should unassign them in FS (you certainly don't want things doubly assigned), but it never tells you that you MUST assign in FSUIPC. Why do you want to?

then to go into fsuipc click on axis assignments and move any joystick lever but nothing happens it wont recognise any joy stick i have tried holding down the rescan but still nothing ,i have tried without fsuipc just normal fs9 fuction and the joysticks are working ,it seems when i put the fsuipc on it wont see any joysticks

I can't help you with such an out of date version. There were problems in 3.96 with joysticks timing out, which is why it was not on release for very long. Update and try again.

i will let you know if all is ok

Please don't come back here until you've installed a supportable version of FSUIPC. I really cannot support old versions.

Pete

Hi Pete sorry to keep asking for advice ,but i would really like to get this working properly so i can build my cockpit.

I have now installed the latest patch 3.98.as you suggested. I bought this from sim market last week so they are selling the old version, it now recognises the joystick ,and when i do the sensitivity setting, all seems to be ok when i try the control it is very eratic or dont work at all ,some controls seem to work ok ,Should i disconect the joysicks in turn and set up each joystick one by one?eg i have a saitec av8r-01 joystick ,a ch yoke, ch tq, ch peddles , in regards to where i saw that to disconect from fs9 that is on page 3 of the fsuipc quick start tutorial it says it is advisable ,when i go back to using fs9 option joysticks works ok with fsuipc switched off .

regards steve

I have now installed the latest patch 3.98.as you suggested. I bought this from sim market last week so they are selling the old version

SimMarket do NOT, repeat NOT, sell ANY version specifically, they only supply the Key! They do provide a link to the Schiratti download site for the Installer, and that most certainly has only supplied 3.98a since a year ago. I'd still like to know where you got that old version from so recently! It was certainly not from anything associated with SimMarket and it needs to be fixed!

it now recognises the joystick ,and when i do the sensitivity setting, all seems to be ok

What do you mean "do the sensitiviy setting"? There IS no "sensitivity setting" in FSUIPC. Where are you seeing these joystick axes? Where are you assigning things and what are you assigning them to?

when i try the control it is very eratic or dont work at all ,some controls seem to work ok ,Should i disconect the joysicks in turn and set up each joystick one by one?eg i have a saitec av8r-01 joystick ,a ch yoke, ch tq, ch peddles , in regards to where i saw that to disconect from fs9 that is on page 3 of the fsuipc quick start tutorial it says it is advisable ,when i go back to using fs9 option joysticks works ok with fsuipc switched off .

Sorry, hardly any of that makes any sense to me. What do you mean by "with FSUIPC switched off"? What is this "quick start tutorial"?

The correct reference for FSUIPC is the User Guide. Have you even looked at that yet?

You do NOT have to assign anything in FSUIPC in order to calibrate in FSUIPC. Why don't you take one step at a time? FIRST get your joysticks working properly in FS itself. THEN and ONLY then go the FSUIPC's calibration tabs and follow the numbered steps in the Joystick Calibration section of the FSUIPC User Guide.

If, eventually, you want to assign in FSUIPC, do that AFTER you''ve researched it a little more. But first, explain WHY you want to do such a thing? It really isn't necessary except for certain applications. Since you obviously don't understand too much about all this yet, it would be best to take it more slowly, one step at a time.

Pete

Could it have been that i had the free version on there in the first place .i told you in my last post that i have got fs9 working ok with out fsuipc ,when i refered to sensitivity i ment joystick calabration ,i think the problem may be that i installed on top of the free one .it did not say in the install instructions what to do if you have the un registered version .anyway i think now i have the 3.98a version, things seem to be working i think! the tutorial is from www.simsamural.net for your infomation

regards steve

Could it have been that i had the free version on there in the first place .i told you in my last post that i have got fs9 working ok with out fsuipc ,when i refered to sensitivity i ment joystick calabration ,i think the problem may be that i installed on top of the free one .it did not say in the install instructions what to do if you have the un registered version .

There's not a different "registered" or "unregistered" version. The difference between registration and no registration is just that -- the entry and acceptance of your registration. It's merely a key which unlocks more facilities.

anyway i think now i have the 3.98a version, things seem to be working i think!

As noted at the top of this Forum, version 3.98a was superseded on Monday and is no longer supported. Version 3.99 is now the only one available and supported for FS9.

the tutorial is from www.simsamural.net for your infomation

Ah, those are notes kindly provided by another keen user who likes doing things his specific way. But the reference is the User Guide.

Regards

Pete