The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC4 Installation

I installed FSUIPC4 by right clicking and running as the admin. After it finished installing I hit cancel on the registration. Then I went it the FSX files to see if FSUIPC4 was in the modules folder. It was!! So, then i went into FSX and hit "alt" and there was no options saying modules. So what do I do to get it to show up!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

I installed FSUIPC4 by right clicking and running as the admin.

There's actually no need to do that for installers: it seems that Windows is clever enough to recognise an installer (I think by the words "Setup" or "Install" in its name), and automatically gives it the right privileges.

After it finished installing I hit cancel on the registration. Then I went it the FSX files to see if FSUIPC4 was in the modules folder. It was!! So, then i went into FSX and hit "alt" and there was no options saying modules. So what do I do to get it to show up!!

There are two possible causes of this:

1. A broken SimConnect installation. To check for this please look in the Modules folder again and see if there's an FSUIPC4.LOG file and an FSUIPC4.INI file (a "text" file and a "configuration settings" file). If there are, then SimConnect has loaded FSUIPC4 okay but FSUIPC4 cannot link to it. In this case please shown me the Log file. You can paste it into a message here.

2. A corrupted DLL.XML file. In order to get SimConnect to load any modules that file is created or updated to give SimConnect the correct details. If this is the problem there will be no LOG or INI filer generated in the Modules folder because FSUIPC won't have even been loaded.

In order to check your DLL.XML file you need to find it -- it is in the same folder as your FSX.CFG file. The Install log will tell you where that it, but if you can't find it please paste your FSUIPC4 Install log here and I'll tell you. You could also try running the updated Installer included in the latest version of FSUIPC4, version 4.70, which you will find in the Download Links subforum here within the next couple of hours. It would be a good idea to update in any case as once 4.70 has been made available of the main download siter, support for 4.60 will be withdrawn.

Regards

Pete

There is no FSUIPC4.LOG file or FSUIPC4.INI file either. What do I do???

I already told you what to do in that case. Look, I'll repeat it:

2. A corrupted DLL.XML file. In order to get SimConnect to load any modules that file is created or updated to give SimConnect the correct details. If this is the problem there will be no LOG or INI file generated in the Modules folder because FSUIPC won't have even been loaded.

In order to check your DLL.XML file you need to find it -- it is in the same folder as your FSX.CFG file. The Install log will tell you where that it, but if you can't find it please paste your FSUIPC4 Install log here and I'll tell you. You could also try running the updated Installer included in the latest version of FSUIPC4, version 4.70, which you will find in the Download Links subforum here within the next couple of hours. It would be a good idea to update in any case as once 4.70 has been made available of the main download siter, support for 4.60 will be withdrawn.

You should now know that 4.70 has been released and you should use that. Try that first.

Regards

Pete

Can you please give me the link for the updated 4.70 I can't find it!!!

As well as in the Download Links subforum here it is the only FSUIPC4 now available on the normal Schiratti "Dowson" page, as linked to everywhere. In fact you shouldn't be able to get any earlier version in any case now.

Regards

Pete

There's actually no need to do that for installers: it seems that Windows is clever enough to recognise an installer (I think by the words "Setup" or "Install" in its name), and automatically gives it the right privileges.

There are two possible causes of this:

1. A broken SimConnect installation. To check for this please look in the Modules folder again and see if there's an FSUIPC4.LOG file and an FSUIPC4.INI file (a "text" file and a "configuration settings" file). If there are, then SimConnect has loaded FSUIPC4 okay but FSUIPC4 cannot link to it. In this case please shown me the Log file. You can paste it into a message here.

2. A corrupted DLL.XML file. In order to get SimConnect to load any modules that file is created or updated to give SimConnect the correct details. If this is the problem there will be no LOG or INI filer generated in the Modules folder because FSUIPC won't have even been loaded.

Regards

Pete

Dear Pete:

I'm have a registered copy of FSUIPC4. Today I downloaded FSUIPC4.70(b). But I couldn't install it.

I had installed FSUIPC4.60, in FSX, but now the 'modules' option doesn't appear in the FSX menu bar.

My FSX de Luxe, is fresh from DVD's and patched with SP1 and Acceleration module. No more addons or tweaks that FSUIPC4.

My system is:

Intel Quad Q6600 @ 2.40 Ghz, RAM 4 Gb, HDD 500 Gb.

nVidia GeForce 9400GT , 1.0 Gb video memory. Driver 260.99

Windows XP Pro, SP3, Spanish.

What can I do to install and activate FSUIPC4 ?

Regards.

I'm have a registered copy of FSUIPC4. Today I downloaded FSUIPC4.70(B). But I couldn't install it.

Why not? What stopped the Installer?

I had installed FSUIPC4.60, in FSX, but now the 'modules' option doesn't appear in the FSX menu bar.

Er ... so you DID run something?

Sorry, but I need more information like:

-- what stopped you installing 4.70? Was there an error message, or what?

-- what did you do to FSX to change the appearance of Add-Ons?

-- Is there an Install log in the FSX modules folder? If so please paste it in a message here.

-- is there an FSUIPC4 log in the FSX modules folder? If so please paste it in a message here.

Regards

Pete

Why not? What stopped the Installer?

Er ... so you DID run something?

Sorry, but I need more information like:

-- what stopped you installing 4.70? Was there an error message, or what?

-- what did you do to FSX to change the appearance of Add-Ons?

-- Is there an Install log in the FSX modules folder? If so please paste it in a message here.

-- is there an FSUIPC4 log in the FSX modules folder? If so please paste it in a message here.

Regards

Pete

Dear Pete:

Thanks for your reply to my post.

As I told you my FSX De Luxe installation is fresh from DVD's, plus SP1 and Acceleration patch. No tweaks, no other addons but FSUIPC.

After FSX installation (plus SP1 and Acceleration) I installed registered FSUIPC4.xx until v4.60 without any problem.

Last saturday I downloaded FSUIPC4.70 (B) but it failed to install. The message was:

"Your FSX installation is incorrect! The version of SimConnect installed will not run FSUIPC. You may need to reapir the installation to rectify this first. No changes have been made by this program."

Besides this messages:

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.70b

Looking in registry for FSX install path:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

Parameter"AppPath"

... >>> OK! FOUND FSX! <<< ...

Looking in registry for ESP install path:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft ESP\1.0

Parameter"AppPath"

Not there, so looking in:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft ESP\1.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

... NOT found! ...

Looking in registry for Prepar3D install path:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\LockheedMartin\Prepar3D

Parameter"AppPath"

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LockheedMartin\Prepar3D

Parameter"SetupPath"

... NOT found! ...

===========================================================

INSTALLATION FOR FSX:

AppPath="D:\Archivos de Programa\Microsoft Games\FSX\"

Checking version of FSX.EXE:

... Version 10.0.61637.0 (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)

Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:

... Failed to find a valid SimConnect needed to use FSUIPC4!

After this I started FSX, and I saw that 'modules' menu doesn't appear in the 'Menu' bar as before.

I tried to install again FSUIPC4.60, as before, but is was not possible now. The messages were:

"Your FSX installation is incorrect! The version of SimConnect installed will not run FSUIPC. You may need to reapir the installation to rectify this first. No changes have been made by this program."

And:

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.60a

Looking in registry for FSX install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

... >>> OK! FOUND FSX! <<< ...

Looking in registry for ESP install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft ESP\1.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft ESP\1.0

Parameter"AppPath"

... NOT found! ...

===========================================================

INSTALLATION FOR FSX:

AppPath="D:\Archivos de Programa\Microsoft Games\FSX\"

Checking version of FSX.EXE:

... Version 10.0.61637.0 (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)

Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:

... Probe Manifest fails to match a valid SimConnect needed to use FSUIPC4!

The other file in FSX's 'modules' file says:

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.60a by Pete Dowson *********

Reading options from "F:\Archivos de Programa\Microsoft Games\FSX\Modules\FSUIPC4.ini"

Trying to connect to SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07 ...

User Name="ENRIQUE ACEVEDO AVILA"

User Addr="eneacevedo@prodigy.net.mx"

FSUIPC4 Key is provided

WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired

Running inside FSX (using SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07)

Module base=61000000

Wind smoothing fix is fully installed

DebugStatus=15

5672 System time = 16/09/2010 13:25:23

5672 FLT UNC path = "C:\Documents and Settings\PERSONAL\Mis documentos\Archivos de Flight Simulator X\"

5672 FS UNC path = "F:\Archivos de Programa\Microsoft Games\FSX\"

6765 LogOptions=00000000 00000001

6765 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

15234 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61637.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61259.0)

15234 Initialising SimConnect data requests now

15234 FSUIPC Menu entry added

15281 c:\documents and settings\personal\mis documentos\archivos de flight simulator x\AA Vuelo de apertura.FLT

15281 F:\Archivos de Programa\Microsoft Games\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\C172\Cessna172SP.AIR

143531 Weather Mode now = Theme

143531 C:\Documents and Settings\PERSONAL\Datos de programa\Microsoft\FSX\Vuelo anterior.FLT

188890 System time = 16/09/2010 13:28:26, Simulator time = 13:25:34 (20:25Z)

188922 Aircraft="Cessna Skyhawk 172SP Paint1"

189047 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

225578 Weather Mode now = Custom

1550172 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 1305 secs = 19.9 fps

1556703 System time = 16/09/2010 13:51:14, Simulator time = 13:33:16 (20:33Z)

1556703 *** FSUIPC log file being closed

Average frame rate for running time of 1327 secs = 19.9 fps

Memory managed: 653 Allocs, 652 Freed

********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

It is dated sept 16th, 2010. I suppose that when I installed FSUIPC 4.60 first time.

Besides of this, I do not have problems to play FSX.

My FSX is FSX De Luxe, in spanish. SP1 and Acceleration.

My OS is Windows XP Pro SP3, spanish, plus all security updates from Microsoft.

Best regards.

Enrique

After FSX installation (plus SP1 and Acceleration) I installed registered FSUIPC4.xx until v4.60 without any problem.

Okay. how long ago was that?

Last saturday I downloaded FSUIPC4.70 (B) but it failed to install. The message was:

That's a sure sign your Simconnect installation is in a mess.

After this I started FSX, and I saw that 'modules' menu doesn't appear in the 'Menu' bar as before.

But this would certainly not have been as a result of trying to install 4.70 -- as it says, because it found no suitable SimConnect installation it made no changes whatsoever to your system.

I tried to install again FSUIPC4.60, as before, but is was not possible now. The messages were:

Of course it will be the same, because FSUIPC4, ever since the first version , 4.00, has checked for a supporting Simconnect installation.

The other file in FSX's 'modules' file says:

5672 System time = 16/09/2010 13:25:23

It is dated sept 16th, 2010. I suppose that when I installed FSUIPC 4.60 first time.

No, it is the last time you ran FSX with a working install of SimConnect and FSUIPC4!!

At some time between 16th September last year and the next time you ran FSX, something happened, or you did something, which messed up your installation. Have you attempted to move it, or uninstall it, or have you had occasion to "roll back" your Windows settings after a driver install went wrong? Or maybe you had some sort of hard system crash which destroyed something in the system?

FSUIPC version 4.70 is actually a lot more forgiving of SimConnect problems like this than was 4.60 or before, so you may get away with a partial re-install. If you installed the SDK from your FSX Gold DVDs, and updated it with the SP1 and SP2/Accel SDK updates, then in the Core Utilities section you will find the SimConnect installers, simconnect.msi. Find the latest one, the one for FSX Acceleration, and run that.

If that doesn't fix it you'll need to try uninstalling Acceleration (via the Control Panel Add/Remove programs facility), then re-install it.

Failing that it might be a complete re-install job. Luckily you have no other add-ons so that won't be too much of a job. However, in my case, when my SimConnect installation became corrupted after a system power outage, I had to reinstall Windows from scratch. (Mind you, it did my PC the world of good -- some folks reinstall Windows regularly to keep everything clean and efficient!).

Regards

Pete

I am sorry, this is my first post here... I did a text but I dont know if will be posted...

A "text"? Like on a mobile phone, you mean?

You've added to someone else's thread on a totally different subject. You should have created your own thread.

Again: my keys to FSUIPC and WideFS6 doesnt work... FSUIPC order # 111480 and Wide order #113947

My Customer Id is 48927

Why "again"?

If the registration is rejected you are entering something wrong. All three parts you enter must be correct. Uase cut and paste.

Pete

I installed 4.70 (B) and when I loaded FSX i clicked run then clicked "yes" when it asked if I wanted 4.70 for future sessions on FSX but it still won't load in my FSX menu bar!! Please help!!!

Another addition to someone else's thread!!! Please start your own!

If you want me to look at your problem you need to show me the Install log and the FSUIPC4 log. I cannot help without any information!

Pete

Okay. how long ago was that?

That's a sure sign your Simconnect installation is in a mess.

But this would certainly not have been as a result of trying to install 4.70 -- as it says, because it found no suitable SimConnect installation it made no changes whatsoever to your system.

Of course it will be the same, because FSUIPC4, ever since the first version , 4.00, has checked for a supporting Simconnect installation.

No, it is the last time you ran FSX with a working install of SimConnect and FSUIPC4!!

At some time between 16th September last year and the next time you ran FSX, something happened, or you did something, which messed up your installation. Have you attempted to move it, or uninstall it, or have you had occasion to "roll back" your Windows settings after a driver install went wrong? Or maybe you had some sort of hard system crash which destroyed something in the system?

FSUIPC version 4.70 is actually a lot more forgiving of SimConnect problems like this than was 4.60 or before, so you may get away with a partial re-install. If you installed the SDK from your FSX Gold DVDs, and updated it with the SP1 and SP2/Accel SDK updates, then in the Core Utilities section you will find the SimConnect installers, simconnect.msi. Find the latest one, the one for FSX Acceleration, and run that.

If that doesn't fix it you'll need to try uninstalling Acceleration (via the Control Panel Add/Remove programs facility), then re-install it.

Failing that it might be a complete re-install job. Luckily you have no other add-ons so that won't be too much of a job. However, in my case, when my SimConnect installation became corrupted after a system power outage, I had to reinstall Windows from scratch. (Mind you, it did my PC the world of good -- some folks reinstall Windows regularly to keep everything clean and efficient!).

Regards

Pete