The simFlight Network Forums

frame rates low

Hi Pete sorry to trouble you again ,i have resolved the last problem i had, now working ok but when i put the pmdg 747-400 on the frame rate drops by half i have set up 15 joystick axis assignments is this too many ?is there a limit? as i would like to set up more if i put a 747-400 pmdg aircraft without set up for fsuipc ,just the default fs9 joysticks it works ok frame rates around 30 ,i am running w7 32 bit nvidea gtx460 gt .thanks for your help.

regards steve

...when i put the pmdg 747-400 on the frame rate drops by half i have set up 15 joystick axis assignments is this too many ?is there a limit?

No, but there's really no frame rate hit on assignment unless you've got some sort of joystick driver problem. You can certainly reduce the axis polling rate if you wish to prove it to yourself one way or the other.

You should not have changed the Delta on the joystick assignments -- the default should be fine. If you've reduced the Delta values you will be firing far too many requests per second.

Regards

Pete

No, but there's really no frame rate hit on assignment unless you've got some sort of joystick driver problem. You can certainly reduce the axis polling rate if you wish to prove it to yourself one way or the other.

You should not have changed the Delta on the joystick assignments -- the default should be fine. If you've reduced the Delta values you will be firing far too many requests per second.

Regards

Pete