The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC No Longer Being Recognized

Hello,

I know I'm not the first to say this, but after installing and purchasing a registration key yesterday for FSUIPC I encountered TONS of problems while coordinating my setup between FSX and FSUIPC. It drove me to the near point of insanity. FInally at 1:00am I broke down, uninstalled FSX and FSUIPC, and went to bed. This morning I reinstalled FSX (not to program files, but to my own root C: drive), reinstalled FSUIPC, reobtained my registration key from my purchase yesterday, and reinstalled FSUIPC without a problem. I immediately began a free flight to work with FSUIPC again, but alas, I no longe have an "Add Ons" menu from the top of my screen. I deleted and reinstalled FSUIPC for a second time, it went without a hitch, recognized and accepted my registration key and all, but still no Add Ons menu or FSUIPC option while in-game. My "Modules" folder is present and I've scoured the Users Manual for help but I cannot seem to troubleshoot this problem on my own. It ran perfectly 24 hours ago, but today it is not being recognized at all after an uninstall/reinstall. I'd hate to say "to hell with it" and delete FSUIPC for good and lose out on the money I spent for the registration, so I hope someone is familiar with this problem and can help me. This 26 year old guy is starting to turn grey from the frustration ;) Thanks in advance to any and all who may be able to help.

Todd

I know I'm not the first to say this, but after installing and purchasing a registration key yesterday for FSUIPC I encountered TONS of problems while coordinating my setup between FSX and FSUIPC.

Actually you are. I've not heard of anyone ever having "tons of problems". If you thought lots of folks were having "tons of problems" why on Earth did you buy it?

It drove me to the near point of insanity. FInally at 1:00am I broke down, uninstalled FSX and FSUIPC, and went to bed.

Oh dear. Uninstalling and reinstalling FSX is one of the worst things you can do. The uninstaller doesn't deal with some of the components properly -- especially SimConnect, which ends up wrecked quite often.

This morning I reinstalled FSX (not to program files, but to my own root C: drive), reinstalled FSUIPC, reobtained my registration key from my purchase yesterday, and reinstalled FSUIPC without a problem. I immediately began a free flight to work with FSUIPC again, but alas, I no longe have an "Add Ons" menu from the top of my screen. I deleted and reinstalled FSUIPC for a second time, it went without a hitch, recognized and accepted my registration key and all, but still no Add Ons menu or FSUIPC option while in-game.

It sounds exactly like a SimConnect problem, but check the Modules folder for an FSUIPC4. LOG file. If there's one there, show it to me (paste into a message). If it isn't there then FSUIPC isn't being loaded. In that case please show me the Install log instead.

But first make sure you are using the version 4.70 installer. I cannot support anything earlier than that.

My "Modules" folder is present and I've scoured the Users Manual for help but I cannot seem to troubleshoot this problem on my own. It ran perfectly 24 hours ago, but today it is not being recognized at all after an uninstall/reinstall. I'd hate to say "to hell with it" and delete FSUIPC for good and lose out on the money I spent for the registration ...

SimConnect problems will affect very many add-ons, not just FSUIPC. Having uninstalled and treinstalled FSX you've let yourself into a potential Windows reinstall problem -- eexactly what I found I had to do to fix things in the end. It isn't anything to do with FSUIPC.

Regards

Pete

Actually you are. I've not heard of anyone ever having "tons of problems". If you thought lots of folks were having "tons of problems" why on Earth did you buy it?

It's a great program, don't get me wrong, but my novice level of programing made it difficult for me to obtain the settings that I was hoping for. I've gotten nothing but high praise about FSUIPC from other simmers which is what prompted me to pruchase it without hesitation - I've just read that many users have a hard time assigning axes and throttles, buttons, etc. I wasn't frustrated with the program itself, I was just frustrated with my lack of being able to understand it and achieve the desired results. So in the end after hours of toying with it and scouring forums for help, and after my controls where all out of whack, is when I caved in and unistalled everything. *Sigh*.

Below is what I have in my Modules folder. You assumed correctly, and there is no FSUIPC4.log file, but I do have the Install.log file:

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.70c

Looking in registry for FSX install path:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

Parameter"AppPath"

... >>> OK! FOUND FSX! <<< ...

Looking in registry for ESP install path:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft ESP\1.0

Parameter"AppPath"

Not there, so looking in:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft ESP\1.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

... NOT found! ...

Looking in registry for Prepar3D install path:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\LockheedMartin\Prepar3D

Parameter"AppPath"

Not there, so looking in:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LockheedMartin\Prepar3D

Parameter"SetupPath"

... NOT found! ...

===========================================================

INSTALLATION FOR FSX:

AppPath="C:\Flight Simulator X\"

Checking version of FSX.EXE:

... Version 10.0.61637.0 (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)

Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:

Found SimConnect build 60905 (Original)

Found SimConnect build 61242 (SP1 May07)

Found SimConnect build 61259 (Acc/SP2 Oct07)

Checking if there's already a version of FSUIPC4 installed in:

C:\Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL

... No previous valid version found.

FSX Modules folder created okay!

Okay -- installed FSUIPC4 into "C:\Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL"

Looking for the current user's Application Data path:

... found as "C:\Users\Todd\AppData\Roaming"

Now finding \Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG for all users, including this one

Looking in "C:\Users\All Users\AppData\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Default User\AppData\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Public\AppData\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Todd\AppData\Roaming"

Found FSX.CFG in "C:\Users\Todd\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG"

Now checking DLL.XML ...

... There is a previous DLL.XML, checking for FSUIPC4 section.

... FSUIPC4 section already exists but will be replaced.

... FSUIPC4 section of DLL.XML written okay

Now checking for a SimConnect.XML file ...

... No SimConnect.XML file found. This is okay.

"Modules\FSUIPC Documents" folder created okay!

Now installing additional files into the "Modules\FSUIPC Documents" folder:

Installed "FSUIPC4 User Guide.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 History.pdf" okay

Installed "List of FSX controls.pdf" okay

Installed "GlobalSign Root.exe" okay

Installed "FSUIPC Lua Library.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC Lua Plug-Ins.pdf" okay

Installed "Lua License.pdf" okay

Installed "Lua Plugins for VRInsight Devices.pdf" okay

Installed "Example LUA plugins.zip" okay

FSUIPC4.DLL installed and signature checked out okay!

Deleted GlobalSign Root fix program ... no longer relevant

===========================================================

All installer tasks completed okay!

Registration for FSUIPC4 was successful! (result code 00)

*************** End of Install Log ***************

It's a great program, don't get me wrong, but my novice level of programing made it difficult for me to obtain the settings that I was hoping for.

What are you trying ot "program"? There's no programming needed unless you are into something pretty complex, and for that there's plenty of examples here, in the User Contributions subforum and elsewhere. And you can always ask questions. For simple accurate calibration you only need to assign in FS as usual and calibrate in FSUIPC following the numbered steps. There's absolutely no programming involved whatsoever.

I've gotten nothing but high praise about FSUIPC from other simmers which is what prompted me to pruchase it without hesitation - I've just read that many users have a hard time assigning axes and throttles, buttons, etc. I wasn't frustrated with the program itself, I was just frustrated with my lack of being able to understand it and achieve the desired results. So in the end after hours of toying with it and scouring forums for help, and after my controls where all out of whack, is when I caved in and unistalled everything. *Sigh*.

I don't know how you manage to get settings in such a twist, but since everything you changed is stored simply in the text file called FSUIPC4.INI, all you needed to do to start again is delete that file before reloading FSX.

Below is what I have in my Modules folder. You assumed correctly, and there is no FSUIPC4.log file, but I do have the Install.log file:

Okay. In that case FSUIPc is simply not being loaded. so it sounds like it might be a corrupted DLL.XML file. Find that in this folder:

C:\Users\Todd\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

Despite the name it is a text file, so just paste it here and I'll take a look. Alternatively, rename it (eg to DLL old.XML), and re-run the FSUIPC4 installer -- no need to reregister, just cancel there -- it will make a new DLL.XML file with only FSUIPC4 being loaded.

Note that in order to access that folder and file you might need to run Windows Explorer "as administrator" (a right-click option).

Regards

Pete

By programming I meant just trying to assign axes, buttons, etc. I'm not tech savvy by any means, so I used that word for lack of a more appropriate one ;)

Below is my DLL.XML file.

Additionally, I reworded the original file, reinstalled FSUIPC, and it seems to work now. Is that all it took?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252" ?> - <SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0"> <Descr>Launch</Descr> <Filename>dll.xml</Filename> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad> - <Launch.Addon> <Name>Object Placement Tool</Name> <Disabled>True</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon>- <Launch.Addon> <Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name> <Disabled>True</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon>- <Launch.Addon> <Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name> <Disabled>True</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon>- <Launch.Addon> <Name>FSUIPC 4</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> </SimBase.Document>

One more thing... above you mentioned that all I need to do is assign in FSX but calibrate in FSUIPC. I read an FSUIPC "How To" yesterday that told me to unassign ALL controllers in FSX and use FSUIPC for ALL axis assignments and buttons. Could that have been my big issue? I'll try as you said and assign in FSX and calibrate in FSUIPC only.

By programming I meant just trying to assign axes, buttons, etc. I'm not tech savvy by any means, so I used that word for lack of a more appropriate one ;)

Button assigning is surely easy enough. You press the button, see it recognised, and choose an action for it from the drop-down.

Axis assignment can be left to FS if the options seem too complex for you in FSUIPC. The axis assignments were really only added to FSUIPC for more advanced users like cockpit builders or those with different setups, eg,. helicopter controls vs. Prop controls vs. Jets. FSUIPC offers the facility to automatically switch axis assignments for different aircraft, which can't be done in FS.

The original and main use of FSUIPC is for better calibration and defined responses, which can be done for FS assignments in any case.

Below is my DLL.XML file.

Additionally, I reworded the original file, reinstalled FSUIPC, and it seems to work now. Is that all it took?

Reworded? Do you mean re-named it so it didn't load? If so, then, yes, all that means is that the file was for some reason corrupted in such a way that the Installer was unable to correct it.

The way you pasted it it seems to have lost all of its new line codes, so to check it I reformatted it and it then looks okay. So I've really no idea what was wrong with it. But I wouldn't worry about it now.

One more thing... above you mentioned that all I need to do is assign in FSX but calibrate in FSUIPC. I read an FSUIPC "How To" yesterday that told me to unassign ALL controllers in FSX and use FSUIPC for ALL axis assignments and buttons.

Well, yes, a lot of folks get better (more efficient, more effective) results that way, but I think if a "How To" tells you to do that it should also help you to do it. Doesn't it? How did you go so wrong if you followed instructions?

Basically I'm of the opinion that you should ever only do things you understand, and if you want to be ambitious and do more, learn about it first. The documentation is complete, it doesn't omit anything, but if you want to do something and don't for some reason understand the wording, ask. It's through questions and answers that the documentation has grown to what it is like today. It can only get bigger, which might be unfortunate, but if that's what it takes, that's what it takes.

Regards

Pete

Honestly, Pete, I don't know where everything went so wrong. But ultimately I appreciate your help and advice. I have bigger problems now though - seems my computer encountered a major operating system crash today! (What else could go wrong?! :blink: ) So after 2 hours on the phone with tech support I've had to wipe/reformat my HD. Lost all my programs, files, FSUIPC, the works. This hasn't been my week for computers :D . So at some point in the next couple days I'll be back to be installing everything again and hopefully things will go smoothly! Thanks again though - awfully generous of you to step in and help.

Best regards,

Todd

Honestly, Pete, I don't know where everything went so wrong. But ultimately I appreciate your help and advice. I have bigger problems now though - seems my computer encountered a major operating system crash today!

Ouch! I hope you get it back up okay!

Regards

Pete

Hello there. I have read through this and tried to find a solution to my problem. I have NOT re-installed FSX but am still having problems. This is my first time trying to use Delta Virtual Airline, and in turn it is my first time with FSUIPC. Here is my problem.

I successfully downloaded and installed ACARS from the DVA website. I have followed all directions when choosing and saving flights, etc. I get as far as loading my saved flight plan into ACARS. I click connect and it connects just fine. By this time I have already opened FSX, chosen my airplane, flight plan, and loaded the flight. After setting the parking brake I notice there is NO add-on menu next to help where, from what I've read, it should be. Nevertheless I go click start flight in ACARS, and one of two things happens. Either I get a message that says, "FSUIPC did not load correctly" or something along those lines, or it just shuts down. I have gone to the website and purchased FSUIPC4. When I download it and install, it accepts my information and keys no problem. Once I am done installing I try to stars FSX. I get to the initial blue welcome screen, hear about 2 seconds of music, and it crashes. I get a message that says FSX has stopped working.

As you can see I am quite frustrated. I have no doubt that it is not the software that is the problem but my general lack of knowledge when it comes to these sort of things. I have tried uninstalling ACARS, deleting FSUIPC and re-installing both. Everytime I get the same message. DVA hasn't been able to help me. All their suggestions failed. You are my last hope. If you can I would appreciate any assistance you can be. Thank you in advance.

After setting the parking brake I notice there is NO add-on menu next to help where, from what I've read, it should be.

So, it is there one moment, but disappears when you set the parking brake? And with FSUIPC4 installed, I assume?

Nevertheless I go click start flight in ACARS, and one of two things happens. Either I get a message that says, "FSUIPC did not load correctly" or something along those lines, or it just shuts down. I have gone to the website and purchased FSUIPC4.

Did you need the user facilities in FSUIPC4? There's no need to purchase it just to use add-on programs.

When I download it and install, it accepts my information and keys no problem. Once I am done installing I try to stars FSX. I get to the initial blue welcome screen, hear about 2 seconds of music, and it crashes. I get a message that says FSX has stopped working.

This sounds like the old SimConnect trust-checking bug. Is your FSX fully updated, to SP2 / Acceleration level? If not, that's the first thing to do, get FSX up to date. The SimConnect loader was much buggier in the earlier FSX versions.

As you can see I am quite frustrated. I have no doubt that it is not the software that is the problem but my general lack of knowledge when it comes to these sort of things. I have tried uninstalling ACARS, deleting FSUIPC and re-installing both.

None of that will make any difference. Can you tell me what version of FSUIPC4 it is you are trying to use? If it is earlier than 4.70 please update using the new Installer. Then, once you have installed 4.70, please go to the Download Links subforum here and get 4.703.

All those who've experienced this SimConnect bug, and it isn't many, have eventually overcome it by persistence -- i.e. trying again and again to load FSX. It's a timing problem in FSX's part of the SimConnect module loading and checking routine, and being a timing bug it is critical on the timing of events in your PC. It was very likely to occur in the original FSX release, and Microsoft worked on it but were never able to fully fix it (part of the problem is in Windows iteself, not under the FS team's control), but by SP2 (and Acceleration) it was reduced to "very unlikely".

Once it loads properly it will be okay. It's only the initial trust-checking which fails. When FSX has the correct Trust entry in its CFG file it works every time thereafter.

Regards

Pete

1) The add-on menu has never been there. Not when the version from ACARS is installed (maybe it's the same), and when I install it from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html , FSX won't start, just crashes.

2) I probably did not need to purchase it, but being naive and quite frankly stupid in these areas I purchased without reading enough to find out it wasn't necessary.

3) I am not sure if FSX is updated to SP2, but I do have FSX Acceleration installed. That's the add-on with the F-18, etc. right? Still doesn't work.

4) I am using the version from the website http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html I assume that's the most up to date version. I did what you said and downloaded version 4.703 from the download link sub forum. Still the same problem. I spent over an hour on the phone today with alienware support trying to determine if it was a problem with my computer. We couldn't find anything and they have been pretty honest up to now if there has been a hardware or software issue. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit. Don't know if that could be an issue or not. It has caused a few other software programs to be tricky in the past. Maybe not. All I know is I'm frustrated and I really want to get started with this. Anyways, thanks for your quick response. Let me know if you have any other suggestions to try. I will continue to try and load FSX until it hopefully works. Thanks again.

1) The add-on menu has never been there. Not when the version from ACARS is installed (maybe it's the same), and when I install it from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html , FSX won't start, just crashes.

You've said this before. Please see my previous reply.

3) I am not sure if FSX is updated to SP2, but I do have FSX Acceleration installed. That's the add-on with the F-18, etc. right? Still doesn't work.

If it is updated to Acceleration then it includes SP1 and SP2, so you are fully updated.

4) I am using the version from the website http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html I assume that's the most up to date version.

The version on that website changes when there's a major update, so just saying that's where you got it doesn't really define the version number. The version number is easily readable in the Install log file, or by right-clicking on the DLL itself and checking Properties -- Version.

I did what you said and downloaded version 4.703 from the download link sub forum. Still the same problem. I spent over an hour on the phone today with alienware support trying to determine if it was a problem with my computer

Alienware won't be able to help with a bug in FSX and SimConnect, and I'm afraid Microsoft will never fix it now as the FSX development team disbanded after Acceleration was released.

The explanation is given in my previous reply.

We couldn't find anything and they have been pretty honest up to now if there has been a hardware or software issue. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit. Don't know if that could be an issue or not.

No. I use Win7 Ultimate 64-bit and it is easily the best operating system to ever come out of Microsoft. It is nothing really to do with that, it is a bug in the part of FSX which loads modules and checks signatures.

Please look in the FSX Modules folder, find the FSUIPC Install log file and paste it into a message here. At least I can check it installed correctly. Also, whilst in that folder, see if there is an FSUIPC4 log file and/or an FSUIPC4 INI file. If you see an assortment of files but don't know which is which, please look in the FSUIPC Installation guide you got in the downloaded ZIP for where it tells you how to change Explorer to see the files correctly.

I will continue to try and load FSX until it hopefully works.

Assuming there's no FSUIPC4 Log file, and the Install log looks okay, it might be the only way. So far there's not been a case where it wasn't overcome by persisting, or temporarily removing other add-ons. But we'll come to the latter after I see your Install log file.

Regards

Pete

Not sure what exactly happened, but it works now. Since FSX had no problem starting when FSUIPC was installed through the ACARS installation, I wrote down all the files that were copied to the FSX/modules folder. Then I deleted them and installed FSUIPC through this website and the subforum link you gave me. I compared the two and deleted any file that wasn't the same as the ACARS download. Pretty much just doc files and adobe files. I then put in the acceleration cd and rain the repair process. Re-started my computer and tried again. Alas it worked! I'm sure it has less to do with any fiddling around I did and more to do with the persistence thing. Thanks for your help and your quick replies.

Not sure what exactly happened, but it works now.

I told you persistence pays in this problem. It's purely a timing thing. And once it works it continues to because by then the "trust" entry has been made in the FSX CFG file.

Since FSX had no problem starting when FSUIPC was installed through the ACARS installation, I wrote down all the files that were copied to the FSX/modules folder. Then I deleted them and installed FSUIPC through this website and the subforum link you gave me. I compared the two and deleted any file that wasn't the same as the ACARS download. Pretty much just doc files and adobe files.

Well, don't come here asking any more questions about FSUIPC, then. ;-) You just deleted where to go to get answers! What's the point of doing that? :rolleyes:

As far as the FSX system is concerned, the ONLY part of what is installed by the FSUIPC4 installer which is being used is the FSUIPC4.DLL module itself. The rest is only for your use. So deleting the reference documentation is just your loss. I would strongly advise you to re-run the FSUIPC4 Installer. It won't take you back to an older version, but it will restore the documentation that you may one day need.

Apart from that I am pleased you got past the problem.

Regards

Pete

I'm not sure why you're so grumpy. I plainly said I'm sure nothing I did was what fixed it. I did everything you said to do and it worked...I apologize that I was frustrated and was trying anything. I never said the documentation was the problem, I was just trying anything that might work. Never said it worked. Actually this forum has been very helpful to me. I'm sorry you take things so personally. I did re-download the software and have all the documentation back. Did that before you so politely told me not to ask anymore questions. It's responses like that that turn new people away from sites like this. I tried very hard to make sure I explained all my problems and all my futile steps to you very clearly. Maybe I should have just kept my mouth shut then. I know this forum isn't the place for argument but it seems like anytime someone does something that you don't agree with you get pissy and upset.

Anyways, thanks for your help. I did EXACTLY what you told me to do and guess what? It worked! I apologize for myself and anyone else who takes some initiative to try and fix problems on our own. Guess we can't be as smart as you.

I'm not sure why you're so grumpy.

Grumpy? Who's grumpy? That's one of the seven Dwarves, not I! ;-) I think you must be reading my words the wrong way!

I looked back and noticed a smiley was missing where I thought I'd put it. (corrected now). Is that why you thought I was attacking you?

I do wish folks would lighten up sometimes. This is supposed to be fun, a hobby.

Pete

I agree. It's unbelievable what you guys have done with this software. I've had it for years and am a corporate pilot in real life and this is the most fun I've had in years. So thanks for your help. Glad I finally got it working with your help. I'm sure it won't be my last issue. (it never is)

Hi Pete, I apologize for bringing up this topic under the wrong part of the forum. I've searched through the different topics and although it may exist I cannot find it. Again my newbie status really shows at times like these. If there is a better place for me to post this topic I will gladly do so if you could point me in the right direction.

Everything works great with FSUIPC and FSX by the way. Thanks again for the help.

My new problem is with Saitek's pro flight yoke and throttle quadrant. I just purchased this and attempted to use it today. It seems that my computer, and/or fsx recognizes the devices only for a few seconds, then stops working. If I un-plug and re-plug them in they work again for a few seconds. I have tried all sorts of fixes I read about on the net with no luck. The reason I bring this up to you is one of the posts I read on another site mentioned un-installing the device drivers, installing FSUIPC from this site and trying to see if they will work from there. I do not know how to un-install drivers...only programs. I thought that you might have some experience here.

Again, I apologize for bringing this up here. I realize it isn't the right thread for this issue but again I'm lost. Thanks again in advance.

My new problem is with Saitek's pro flight yoke and throttle quadrant. I just purchased this and attempted to use it today. It seems that my computer, and/or fsx recognizes the devices only for a few seconds, then stops working. If I un-plug and re-plug them in they work again for a few seconds. I have tried all sorts of fixes I read about on the net with no luck.

Something is faulty then. either the USB port you are using is bad, or the cables, or the devices themselves. I don't think software can be responsible for such behaviour.

If you are using a USB hub, try bypassing that and going straight into the PC. If you've already tried that try a different port.

The reason I bring this up to you is one of the posts I read on another site mentioned un-installing the device drivers, installing FSUIPC from this site and trying to see if they will work from there. I do not know how to un-install drivers...only programs. I thought that you might have some experience here.

If windows doesn't see them consistently in Game Controllers, and FSX cannot see them consistently, then neither will FSUIPC. They all use the same Windows interface. If you want to uninstall whatever Saitek software you did install you only need to go to the Windows control panel, find "Add and remove programs" or "programs and features", find the Saitek stuff in the list, right click it and select uninstall. Even with it uninstalled, FSX should still see them, as they are standard joystick devices.

I think you should be talking to Saitek.

Regards

Pete

Thanks Pete. I think you are right. Saiteks only advice is to have me send it back to them. I've tried everything else suggested. Hopefully it is a hardware issue with the controller and not something with my computer. They also recommended I completely re-install Windows. Does that seem like a good option? Anyways, thanks for your help.

Thanks Pete. I think you are right. Saiteks only advice is to have me send it back to them. I've tried everything else suggested. Hopefully it is a hardware issue with the controller and not something with my computer. They also recommended I completely re-install Windows. Does that seem like a good option?

Seems a bit drastic, but assuming you've not got too much to reinstall afterwards it can often lead to a more efficient system. Some folks do such things regularly. Me, I'd hate it. Never seem to get the system back to the way i had it, and it takes me ages reinstalling everything, finding keys, re-registering, etc etc.

Regards

Pete

Same with me. I am very cautious about what I download and what emails I open etc., etc. I don't think I have any virus or anything but maybe it's what I need to do. I did try the controller on two other computers. One running windows 7 the other XP, and it worked perfectly on both.

Thanks for the quick replies.

George

Same with me. I am very cautious about what I download and what emails I open etc., etc. I don't think I have any virus or anything but maybe it's what I need to do. I did try the controller on two other computers. One running windows 7 the other XP, and it worked perfectly on both.

Well that seems to eliminate the Saitek hardware, then. So, either bad USB ports or something very odd going on at driver level. Might be worth uninstalling everything Saitek and trying again.

Regards

Pete