The simFlight Network Forums

PFC FLIGHT CONTROLS Two Engine Jet Enhanced

I'm looking to get the PFC two engine jet enhanced throttle quad....the throttle quad is usb and uses fsupic to assign the controls (Thats what PFC emailed me)

I have the registed my fsupic and read some of pdf files (some are missing ie. jopystick options) I want to know how will I config my reverse thrust levers to work?? can you give me step by step guild please??

regards

You do realise you posted the exact same message and thread title twice? I am only answering one, and have deleted the other.

I'm looking to get the PFC two engine jet enhanced throttle quad....the throttle quad is usb and uses fsupic to assign the controls (Thats what PFC emailed me).

Must be a new one. The PFC throttle quadrant I have is a serial port connections using PFC.DLL (for FSUIPC3) or PFCFSX.DLL (for FSUIPC4). Perhaps they that mean it works with the PFCHID.DLL driver I made for the Cirrus Pro -- the throttle quadrant is probably the same as the one in that?

I have the registed my fsupic and read some of pdf files (some are missing ie. jopystick options)

Sorry, what do you mean, "missing"? What are you expecting to be there but is not? There are chapters on assigning and calibrating joysticks, with pictures even.

Have you actually installed the PFCHID.DLL into the FS Modules folder, or doesn't your quadrant need it? Maybe it is configured like any other joystick/throttle system, in which case it should also be visible and assignable in FS itself, and calibrated in Windows' Game Controllers. Is it?

I want to know how will I config my reverse thrust levers to work?? can you give me step by step guild please??

The assignment of axes in FSUIPC is covered quite adequately in the FSUIPC User Guide, as is their calibration. There's a chapter on each of those subjects. What is the problem? What don't you understand?

I do not write documentation for nothing, and cannot undertake to provide personalised documentation here in this Forum. I can answer questions, but you need to formulate them. What is it you don't understand? And how do you expect me to help you if i don't know anything about the device you are using?

Also, please ALWAYS state what version (by number) of FSUIPC you are using. Check first that it is a supported version -- i.e. 3.99 or 4.70, or later.

Regards

Pete

You do realise you posted the exact same message and thread title twice? I am only answering one, and have deleted the other.

Must be a new one. The PFC throttle quadrant I have is a serial port connections using PFC.DLL (for FSUIPC3) or PFCFSX.DLL (for FSUIPC4). Perhaps they that mean it works with the PFCHID.DLL driver I made for the Cirrus Pro -- the throttle quadrant is probably the same as the one in that?

Sorry, what do you mean, "missing"? What are you expecting to be there but is not? There are chapters on assigning and calibrating joysticks, with pictures even.

Have you actually installed the PFCHID.DLL into the FS Modules folder, or doesn't your quadrant need it? Maybe it is configured like any other joystick/throttle system, in which case it should also be visible and assignable in FS itself, and calibrated in Windows' Game Controllers. Is it?

The assignment of axes in FSUIPC is covered quite adequately in the FSUIPC User Guide, as is their calibration. There's a chapter on each of those subjects. What is the problem? What don't you understand?

I do not write documentation for nothing, and cannot undertake to provide personalised documentation here in this Forum. I can answer questions, but you need to formulate them. What is it you don't understand? And how do you expect me to help you if i don't know anything about the device you are using?

Also, please ALWAYS state what version (by number) of FSUIPC you are using. Check first that it is a supported version -- i.e. 3.99 or 4.70, or later.

Regards

Pete

Hi,

According to PFC flight controls, this new throttle quad is usb only....and can be callibarated through windows

PFCHID.DLL :- I havent bought the PFC throttles yet so i dont have it......I just want make sure before i buy the PFC quad, i assume that the throttle quad will come with a CD that will contain the PFCHID.DLL if it needs it??

reverse thrust - what i dont understand is how do you assign the reverse thrust lever to work......there is no setting for reverse thrust on fs9 assignments settings! so i assume this could be done through FSUPIC but how???

FSUIPC version i'm using is 3.99

Best regards

Prince

Edited by The Prince

According to PFC flight controls, this new throttle quad is usb only....and can be callibarated through windows

Ah, so you don't use PFCHid.dll, nor do you actually require FSUIPC. I assume you only want to use FSUIPC because it offers reversers?

PFCHID.DLL :- I havent bought the PFC throttles yet so i dont have it......I just want make sure before i buy the PFC quad, i assume that the throttle quad will come with a CD that will contain the PFCHID.DLL if it needs it??

It wouldn't matter because there's a later version available here in the Download Links subforum in any case. You won't need anyway it if it is a standard Windows-recognised joystick device.

reverse thrust - what i dont understand is how do you assign the reverse thrust lever to work......there is no setting for reverse thrust on fs9 assignments settings! so i assume this could be done through FSUPIC but how???

By going to FSUIPC's Axis assignments tab, waggling the lever, selecting "direct to FSUIPC ..." mode and assigning to "reverser". There's a generic reverser for all engines, or separate ones for each of up to four.

FSUIPC version i'm using is 3.99

Good. You'll find all the documentation in the FS Modules subfolder called "FSUIPC documents", as pointed out in the Installation document. Check the User guide.

Regards

Pete

By going to FSUIPC's Axis assignments tab, waggling the lever, selecting "direct to FSUIPC ..." mode and assigning to "reverser". There's a generic reverser for all engines, or separate ones for each of up to four.

Regards

Pete

cheers that cleared alot up........after selecting direct to FSUIPC, go to joystick callibration, to assign to reverser??

Regards

Prince

Edited by The Prince

cheers that cleared alot up........after selecting direct to FSUIPC, go to joystick callibration, to assign to reverser??

No. Calibration is where you calibrate. Assignments are done in the axis assignments tab . After assigning, only then can you calibrate -- you can't calibrate an unassigned axis.

Please please do find the User guide, as I said, and browse through that. There are pictures in it too, it isn't as deathly boring as it sounds and it'll be a lot clearer and faster than misunderstanding or misreading messages here over several days. User guides are written to help.

Regards

Pete

• 2 months later...

Good Day Pete,

I have got that PFC Throttle Console few days ago, it looks great and axis could be assigned directly from FSX. problem is that I wanna do 3 things:

1- to assign the reverse arm to work for all Engs.

2- to avoid the spoiler from waggling ups and down when I use the spoiler arm, and

3- to assign the landing gear axis to work properly as it works only in one way: if I press it to down ...Ok gear gos down...but to get the gear up I have to press up and down to get it up :S

The big problem is that the axis assigning butt. is not working (or remaines gray) in my regstered FSUIPC.....nothing appear there, and if some axis appears they are always No. 17, and 18 with the symbole N and T.

I'm going frustreated now coz I couldn't find any solution regarding this issue even in the FSUIPC user's Guide.

I know that I will get a lot from your valiable time, but please help me

Appreciated in advance Pete

Regards,

mavi