The simFlight Network Forums

How to save usb port controls when reinstalling

Pete,I have been going thru the user's manual and came to the section of when unplugging USB devices and then plugging back in but not the same port things don't work.I have had this problem so I have my cords labeled.Will you please give us a lttle more detail on how to make entries to rectify this problem.I have read the section several times and still don't understand how to do it.Thanks for your support and patience.Ron

Pete,I have been going thru the user's manual and came to the section of when unplugging USB devices and then plugging back in but not the same port things don't work.I have had this problem so I have my cords labeled.Will you please give us a lttle more detail on how to make entries to rectify this problem.I have read the section several times and still don't understand how to do it.Thanks for your support and patience.Ron

Didn't you find the section entitled

"Keeping track of multiple control devices ("Joy Letters")"?

It is listed in the contents list. It's written in as simple a manner as I can, and it certainly is not complicated. As it says,

If the letters assigned do not matter you can change the “AutoAssignLetters” option, in the [JoyNames] section, thus:

AutoAssignLetters=Yes

With the option so set, FSUIPC will automatically assign the alpha ID[/quote]

Isn't that simple enough for you, just changing a No to a Yes? Of course you need to do this before you move anything.

Pete

Pete,Thanks for the help.I reread your manual again.It sems to be working .You remind me of my advanced physics teacher in high school 1964.Also my father.I figured it out.Hopefully when I have to unplug everything and then plug it in it again it will all be there just as it was.If not,I will figure it out again.I am having senior momnents but I use these forums and FS to keep my brain cranking.When I check out at the store I always put down coins so I get even change back.Try to out smart the person with the computer register. I am from the old days when you actually had to count out the change,not look at a digital readout.Ron