The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC

I bought FSUIPC in February and installed it on my old PC. I kept a record of the key and am now trying to load it on my new PC. It will install OK but it wont recognise the key.

any offers please? thanks.

Something in the details you are entering must be wrong, because codes for FSUIPC don't "time out" and are not machine specific.

Have you tried copying and pasting them again from your simMarket account and ensuring there are no extra spaces or anything similar at the start or end?

Ian P.

Something in the details you are entering must be wrong, because codes for FSUIPC don't "time out" and are not machine specific.

Have you tried copying and pasting them again from your simMarket account and ensuring there are no extra spaces or anything similar at the start or end?

Ian P.

Thanks Ian, but I copied and pasted the key from the word file I saved after installing from the extracted folder -just as I did previously. Have tried registering both during the installation phase and with FS9 running, still no good.

This is the second time this has happened, I bought it in 2008 and could not transfer it so bought it again in feb. Dont mind paying PD for his very good work, but its getting beyond a joke!!

Mike

Hi Mike,

The reason I specifically suggested taking it from simMarket is because Word, Wordpad, OpenOffice Writer and suchlike add control characters in which, although you can't see them normally, can mess up what you are actually inputting as your information to the registration page. simMarket's "My Products" page lists them in a code box that is specifically ASCII only to avoid these errors, hence that being the best place to get them from and guarantee that they are error free.

The other thing you could try is copying yours from Word into Windows Notepad (not Wordpad, specifically an ASCII only text editor) which will remove any control code and then copying and pasting from there, but that doesn't rule out any errors that were transposed into the Word file when you created it.

As I said before, FSUIPC keys don't time out, they aren't machine specific (I've transferred mine numerous times) so if you are having a problem, it's not because the key is no longer valid.

Unfortunately Pete is away at the moment (there's an announcement at the top of the forum that says when he'll be back - I can't view multiple windows from the mobile browser, sorry!) but beyond that I'm afraid you'll have to get more support from him when he gets back.

Cheers,

Ian P.

It will install OK but it wont recognise the key.

The Key is only one part of the registration. All three parts must be identical to that shown on SimMarket. The Name, Email and the Key. If you spell you name differently for example or enter a different email address then it will fail.

Another common problem is that the date set on the PC is earlier than the date you purchased the Key.

Paul

The Key is only one part of the registration. All three parts must be identical to that shown on SimMarket. The Name, Email and the Key. If you spell you name differently for example or enter a different email address then it will fail.

Another common problem is that the date set on the PC is earlier than the date you purchased the Key.

Paul

Many thanks gents - you were both correct - I went back to the sim market account and found a difference between the name that my PC was offering and the one in my account.

Can get on with configuring all the nice aeroplanes now,

Thanks & happy landings,

Mike