The simFlight Network Forums

No Mouse Look Function

I have always used the FS option to program the buttons on my CH yoke. I am in the process of using FSUIPC to perform that action instead of FS. When I used FS to do this I assigned a button to select "Mouse view direction". When I select "Mouse Look Toggle" within FSUIPC it doesn't work. The pointer will change to a crosshair but I have no panning or zoom function with the mouse. I guess it has to do with the requirement to disable the contoller within FS when using FSUIPC. All other button assignments appear to work ok. What do I have to do to be able to use the mouse look function. Thanks for any help.

Jim

I have always used the FS option to program the buttons on my CH yoke. I am in the process of using FSUIPC to perform that action instead of FS. When I used FS to do this I assigned a button to select "Mouse view direction". When I select "Mouse Look Toggle" within FSUIPC it doesn't work. The pointer will change to a crosshair but I have no panning or zoom function with the mouse. I guess it has to do with the requirement to disable the contoller within FS when using FSUIPC. All other button assignments appear to work ok. What do I have to do to be able to use the mouse look function. Thanks for any help.

I replied to you in the AVSIM FSX Forum, as follows:

I'm afraid disabling controllers in FSX also disables that facility. No idea why they did that. In FS9 it was separate -- as were each controller, so you could pick and choose.

The only suggestions I can make are to re-enable controllers in FSX and either

1. Make sure all assignments in FSX are delete those entries assigned in FSUIPC, or

2. Assign in FSX in any case. You can still calibrate in FSUIPC. The FSUIPC axis assignments are useful for assigning different controllers for different aircraft, and for a few other things (and such assignment, when used "direct to FSUIPC calibration" can be more efficient), but you should be able to get good results either way.

I did have a look at implementing mouse look in FSUIPC but didn't get very far. EZCA does it well, using the centre mouse button (press the wheel on a wheel mouse), so there is a way. I might take another look.

I have just had another look, and I think I might be able to add Mouse Look as an option in FSUIPC4, switched by the same FS control "Mouse Look Toggle" (with a parameter 0 (toggle), 1 (on) or 2 (off)), or possibly by holding the centre button down.. No promises though.

Regards

Pete

I replied to you in the AVSIM FSX Forum, as follows:

I'm afraid disabling controllers in FSX also disables that facility. No idea why they did that. In FS9 it was separate -- as were each controller, so you could pick and choose.

The only suggestions I can make are to re-enable controllers in FSX and either

1. Make sure all assignments in FSX are delete those entries assigned in FSUIPC, or

2. Assign in FSX in any case. You can still calibrate in FSUIPC. The FSUIPC axis assignments are useful for assigning different controllers for different aircraft, and for a few other things (and such assignment, when used "direct to FSUIPC calibration" can be more efficient), but you should be able to get good results either way.

I did have a look at implementing mouse look in FSUIPC but didn't get very far. EZCA does it well, using the centre mouse button (press the wheel on a wheel mouse), so there is a way. I might take another look.

I have just had another look, and I think I might be able to add Mouse Look as an option in FSUIPC4, switched by the same FS control "Mouse Look Toggle" (with a parameter 0 (toggle), 1 (on) or 2 (off)), or possibly by holding the centre button down.. No promises though.

Regards

Pete

Thanks for the quick reply Pete. I suspected that it wasn't going to work but I just wanted to make sure I hadn't done something wrong or had neglected something. Hope you can facilitate a fix of some sort.

Jim