The simFlight Network Forums

Example of Lua scripts

Hi Peter,

In the Lua manual you write:

I’d like to add more practical examples of cockpit solutions too, when they arise, so please do tell me things you manage to achieve with Lua!

Well, I have used Lua to create gauges for the Saitek Instrument Panel. One is uploaded to avsim file library (tcas.zip), a new one will follow soon.

Thanks!!

Well, I have used Lua to create gauges for the Saitek Instrument Panel. One is uploaded to avsim file library (tcas.zip), a new one will follow soon.

As an FSUIPC plug-in? If so, that's great!

Since I originally published the Lua documents, the User Contributions subforum here has blossomed, and there are some excellent Lua implementations there too. Do you think your work should be included in the ZIP package I supply for Lua, or would it be better if you posted on User Contributions?

I've had a search through Avism's file library and cannot find your "tcas.zip" at present. Can you supply a link, please? Oh, and if you do decide to post in the subforum, a link to Avsim will be fine. You shouldn't violate any Avsim file library conditions.

Thanks & Regards

Pete

As an FSUIPC plug-in? If so, that's great!

Since I originally published the Lua documents, the User Contributions subforum here has blossomed, and there are some excellent Lua implementations there too. Do you think your work should be included in the ZIP package I supply for Lua, or would it be better if you posted on User Contributions?

I've had a search through Avism's file library and cannot find your "tcas.zip" at present. Can you supply a link, please? Oh, and if you do decide to post in the subforum, a link to Avsim will be fine. You shouldn't violate any Avsim file library conditions.

Thanks & Regards

Pete

Yes, it is a FSUIPC plugin that uses your ipc and logic libraries. This is the direct Avsim download link. You are welcome to include it in your package but installing takes a little more than just copying one lua script. It uses some clibs as well. I will post a message in the User Contributions subforum as well, I must say I had not noticed it before.

Best regards,

-Djeez.

Yes, it is a FSUIPC plugin that uses your ipc and logic libraries. This is the direct Avsim download link.

Thanks! Got it. Strange that a direct file search for tcas.zip didn't find it for me.

You are welcome to include it in your package but installing takes a little more than just copying one lua script. It uses some clibs as well. I will post a message in the User Contributions subforum as well, I must say I had not noticed it before.

Actually, that is probably the best place to put the link to the Avsim file, too. It would be better for questions and any updates or new files too. Would that be okay?

I think I should change the Lua document to point folks to the resources available in that Subforum, rather than have them expect the Lua Zip to keep growing and needing more downloads. I'll do that soon -- there's a new "display" library to add (available only in the WideClient implementation), as discussed in this Forum thread:

Thank you & Best Regards

Pete