The simFlight Network Forums

Mouse Look Problem

Hi Pete,

The recent change allowing the Mouse Look function to work when disabling the controller works fine except for one problem I just discovered. That is that the mouse no longer will control the fuel selector in any plane. Right now I have to uncheck the mouse look function in FSUIPC,change the fuel selector, and then re-select the mouse look function. All other actions using the mouse seem to be ok.

I can't seem to find a button selection within FSUIPC to control the fuel selectors. Do you know what can be done to prevent having to go through the procedure I explained above.

Thanks for any help.

Jim

The recent change allowing the Mouse Look function to work when disabling the controller works fine except for one problem I just discovered. That is that the mouse no longer will control the fuel selector in any plane. Right now I have to uncheck the mouse look function in FSUIPC,change the fuel selector, and then re-select the mouse look function. All other actions using the mouse seem to be ok.

That's extremely odd, considering the mouse look function only does anything at all when enabled with the mouse look toggle control! I'll check it here.

I can't seem to find a button selection within FSUIPC to control the fuel selectors.

Do you mean the fuel tank selector (left/right/off on the Cessna, for instance? Or do you mean the start levers (idle/cutoff) on jets which enable the fuel for starting?

You can always determine what FS control is being used by enab;ing Event logging in FSUIPC then operating the control and looking in the log.

[LATER]

I'm afraid you'll need to explain your problem in more detail as I have tried every switch to do with fuel or fuel tanks in several FSX default aircraft and i cannot find any that are in any way affected by the setting of the "mouse look" checkbox in FSUIPC.

As I said, there's really no way I can see it having an effect as it does nothing unless mouse look is toggled on (with the mouse pointer changed to the cross-hairs). I'd need to be able to reproduce the problem, and I cannot at present.

Regards

Pete

That's extremely odd, considering the mouse look function only does anything at all when enabled with the mouse look toggle control! I'll check it here.

Do you mean the fuel tank selector (left/right/off on the Cessna, for instance? Or do you mean the start levers (idle/cutoff) on jets which enable the fuel for starting?

You can always determine what FS control is being used by enab;ing Event logging in FSUIPC then operating the control and looking in the log.

[LATER]

I'm afraid you'll need to explain your problem in more detail as I have tried every switch to do with fuel or fuel tanks in several FSX default aircraft and i cannot find any that are in any way affected by the setting of the "mouse look" checkbox in FSUIPC.

As I said, there's really no way I can see it having an effect as it does nothing unless mouse look is toggled on (with the mouse pointer changed to the cross-hairs). I'd need to be able to reproduce the problem, and I cannot at present.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

I'm referring to the tank selector lever on the cockpit floor. The problem exists on all planes that have this tank selector - default or addon. All of the other mouse functions work ok. Never had this problem before. Since you can't duplicate the problem it must be something in my setup. I'll keep troubleshooting and will let you know if I come up with something.

Jim

I'm referring to the tank selector lever on the cockpit floor. The problem exists on all planes that have this tank selector - default or addon.

Right ... I've gone back and tested that to exhaustion in the default Cessna 172SP.

It doesn't operate with the mouse at all in the virtual cockpit, only in the reproduction of that switch on the full panel (shift+1). This is true here regardless of FSUIPC's mouse look option, and even with FSUIPC not even loaded.

The FS controls for that switch are pretty obviously named, so I'm surprised you never found them:

FUEL_SELECTOR_LEFT

FUEL_SELECTOR_ALL

FUEL_SELECTOR_RIGHT

I think the lack of mouse operation on the switch in VC mode is an FSX bug.

Regards

Pete

Right ... I've gone back and tested that to exhaustion in the default Cessna 172SP.

It doesn't operate with the mouse at all in the virtual cockpit, only in the reproduction of that switch on the full panel (shift+1). This is true here regardless of FSUIPC's mouse look option, and even with FSUIPC not even loaded.

The FS controls for that switch are pretty obviously named, so I'm surprised you never found them:

FUEL_SELECTOR_LEFT

FUEL_SELECTOR_ALL

FUEL_SELECTOR_RIGHT

I think the lack of mouse operation on the switch in VC mode is an FSX bug.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

Let me regroup here. I first noticed this "problem" when I went to fly the RealAir Duke and Duke Turbine. I had always used the mouse while in VC to move the selector as they were always in the off position. After the incorporation of the Mouse Look that you recently accomplished, I could no longer use the mouse to move the fuel selector. So I started checking other planes and found that it didn't work with them either.

As I now think about it, I'm thinking that most if not all my planes are defaulted to the fuel selector being in the on position because I don't recall having to move the fuel selector. Only in the Dukes.

I have found the selections in the FSUIPC switches and buttons listing and have programmed them. They work fine except for the Dukes. Still trying to figure it out for those two planes. I'll keep plugging away.

Thanks for your info and help.

Jim