The simFlight Network Forums

very poor frame rates

Hi every one i thought i would let every one know of a problem i had ,i have the the full version of fs9 f s u i p c and after a long time of perfect flying ,one day i was using fs9 ,and my frame rates droped from 35 to 3 to 5 i have found out why fs9 frame rates droped .I was reading by chance a back number of pc pilot july 2010 ,and came across a articale on f.s.u.i.p.c and read that some time if you dont cancel the dialog this is what happens ,so i unistalled it and reinstalled and every thing now ok .but could some one explain what does this mean canceling the dialog ,because after a while things got so bad that i could not even load fs9 so that is why i uninstalled it, you have to delete the f s u i p c dll files as well in fs9 module folder as per instruction how to uninstall

regards Steve

Hi every one i thought i would let every one know of a problem i had ,i have the the full version of fs9 f s u i p c and after a long time of perfect flying ,one day i was using fs9 ,and my frame rates droped from 35 to 3 to 5 i have found out why fs9 frame rates droped .I was reading by chance a back number of pc pilot july 2010 ,and came across a articale on f.s.u.i.p.c and read that some time if you dont cancel the dialog this is what happens

Cancel what dialogue? That makes no sense, sorry. If there's an outstanding dialogue awaiting a reply nothing else runs. dialogues are "modal" which means they stop everything whilst active.

so i unistalled it and reinstalled and every thing now ok

But "uninstalling" consists only of deleting the DLL, and all reinstalling it does it put the exact same DLL back! It cannot possibly make any difference whatsoever!

It sounds more like you made some real mess of some of your settings, and when you "uninstalled" you deleted the 'bad' settings by mistake.

but could some one explain what does this mean canceling the dialog ,because after a while things got so bad that i could not even load fs9

You most obviously have something else completely going on, then, because FSUIPC isn't even loaded until FS is properly loaded, and does nothing at all until you are ready to fly. I think you are ascribing your troubles completely incorrectly.

BTW, you don't even mention the version of FSUIPC you are using. This is always needed, or you waste time posting here. The oldest currently supported version is 3.99, so if yours is older I advise you to update.

Pete

Cancel what dialogue? That makes no sense, sorry. If there's an outstanding dialogue awaiting a reply nothing else runs. dialogues are "modal" which means they stop everything whilst active.

But "uninstalling" consists only of deleting the DLL, and all reinstalling it does it put the exact same DLL back! It cannot possibly make any difference whatsoever!

It sounds more like you made some real mess of some of your settings, and when you "uninstalled" you deleted the 'bad' settings by mistake.

You most obviously have something else completely going on, then, because FSUIPC isn't even loaded until FS is properly loaded, and does nothing at all until you are ready to fly. I think you are ascribing your troubles completely incorrectly.

BTW, you don't even mention the version of FSUIPC you are using. This is always needed, or you waste time posting here. The oldest currently supported version is 3.99, so if yours is older I advise you to update.

Pete

Hi Peter, this is version 3.99 and i saw this in the pc pilot july 2010 page 88.this is what i mean i dont under stand what they mean about cancel the dialogue.was this article writtten with the help from you ?If not i will write to pc pilot.,but uninstalling fsuipc did cure the problem.

regards Steve

Hi Peter, this is version 3.99 and i saw this in the pc pilot july 2010 page 88.this is what i mean i dont under stand what they mean about cancel the dialogue.was this article writtten with the help from you ?

No. I do get PC Pilot, but I didn't remember the article you are referring to. However, I just found it and have seen the insert about that on the first page, and all that seems to say is call up the options then cancel them. That actually does nothing except cause the Winsdows USB driver to re-scan connected devices (so they can show up in the axis and button assignments tab).

The only thing I can think that might do is wake up any connected joysticks which have "gone to sleep" because folks forget to turn off their power management in Windows. However, possibly the person who put that "hint" forward has a rogue device which is interrupting all the time and thereby causing FS to slow down (irrespective of FSUIPC) and the occasional "reset" it gets from FSUIPC's scan makes it settle down for a while.

In both cases the solution is to fix the devices concerned or their settings in Windows.

Of course if you haven't paid for and registered FSUIPC (which I assume you haven't, or you would not discard it so lightly), then it won't be doing any such scanning in the first place as it is not offering any assignment facilities.

If not i will write to pc pilot.,but uninstalling fsuipc did cure the problem.

In that case your problem is absolutely certain to be not FSUIPC itself but some other add-on using it, which is effectively stopped by removing FSUIPC. Since you haven't registered FSUIPC I assume it was only installed on your system in the first place because of some add-on.

FSUIPC does nothing by itself, so there is no way it can have any noticeable affect on frame rates.

Regards

Pete

No. I do get PC Pilot, but I didn't remember the article you are referring to. However, I just found it and have seen the insert about that on the first page, and all that seems to say is call up the options then cancel them. That actually does nothing except cause the Winsdows USB driver to re-scan connected devices (so they can show up in the axis and button assignments tab).

The only thing I can think that might do is wake up any connected joysticks which have "gone to sleep" because folks forget to turn off their power management in Windows. However, possibly the person who put that "hint" forward has a rogue device which is interrupting all the time and thereby causing FS to slow down (irrespective of FSUIPC) and the occasional "reset" it gets from FSUIPC's scan makes it settle down for a while.

In both cases the solution is to fix the devices concerned or their settings in Windows.

Of course if you haven't paid for and registered FSUIPC (which I assume you haven't, or you would not discard it so lightly), then it won't be doing any such scanning in the first place as it is not offering any assignment facilities.

In that case your problem is absolutely certain to be not FSUIPC itself but some other add-on using it, which is effectively stopped by removing FSUIPC. Since you haven't registered FSUIPC I assume it was only installed on your system in the first place because of some add-on.

FSUIPC does nothing by itself, so there is no way it can have any noticeable affect on frame rates.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete thanks for your reply ,by the way i do have a registered version

Ah, sorry. I assumed not as you wouldn't really give it up so easily.

i did install a new SAITEC CONTROL COLUMN,and throttle ,a few days before maybe that done it .

It is possible.

Regards

Pete