The simFlight Network Forums

wheres my macro making box gone?

Hi,

been using fsuipc for a long time with no problem at all.

just setup new pc installation for fsx with acceleration, win7 64bit, and latest version of fsuipc v4.703 and all seems to work fine, but cannot get the make macros to work anymore

I click 'create mouse macro', make a filename say ' microsoft737' then click 'ok'

then i click with mouse say fd switch in microsoft 737, but no macro box appears

ive checked the log and the switch thats clicked shows as working fine, just no macro box to enter info does not show

anyone help please

Mike

then i click with mouse say fd switch in microsoft 737, but no macro box appears

Andy's reply is spot on.

The place where you are clicking does not lead to a C/C++ gauge SDK-written mouse processing routine, which is all the mouse macro facilities can work with. Hardly anything written by Microsoft uses the gauge SDK, so you won't find many places at all on any of the default aircraft. And some add-on aircraft will be using XML gauges instead of C/C++ ones too, and it won't work with those either.

Regards

Pete