The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC causing CTD in FSX

Hi,

I am getting CTDs (Crashes to Desktop) in FSX if I have FSUIPC v. 4.70b installed in FSX\Modules.

If I remove it and then reinstall it, FSX complains saying that it has a problem with this file and do I want to run it. Choosing 'Yes' results in a CTD shortly. thereafter.

I have tried downloading a fresh copy of FSUIPC but the problem remains.

The problem has been going on for a few days but I am only now getting the message about FSUIPC.

Any ideas what's wrong?

Mark

Hmm. It's obviously not the usual one then.

Unfortunately I'm not really support for FSUIPC, but Pete is away at the moment, so will not be able to answer this until he returns. The other two options I can think of offhand are both related to the way MS changed the security settings on Windows recently:

Did you install FSUIPC using the "Run as Administrator" option? If not, please try that.

Where is your FSX installed? C:\Program Files\... , C:\Program Files (x86)\... , or outside the Program Files folders? What OS and version of FSX (SP1? SP2? Accel?) are you running?

I'm not asking you to reinstall FSX, but that's useful information for Peter when he returns in case installing as Administrator doesn't help.

Ian P.

Hi Ian,

I didn't see any option for 'Run as Administrator" when installing FSUIPC. Have just read through "Installing and Registering FSUIPC4.pdf" and cannot find that option mentioned anywhere in it. Nor is it available under Properties.

My copy of FSX is installed in H:\Flying\FSX, i.e. outside the Program Files folder. It is version 10.0.61637.0 ('Gold Edition' with 'Acceleration') and the OS is Win 7 Professional. In fact I did a recent reinstall of FSX about 10 days ago due to recurrent problems causing CTDs. It is only since then that FSX has shown the message about FSUIPC: "Flight Simulator has detected a problem with a third-party program (add-on): Name: FSUIPC4.DLL: FS new universal IPC interface Version: 4.726. Company: Peter L. Dowson. File: Modules\FSUIPC4.dll. Etc., etc..." Allowing it to run FSUIPC, against its recommendation, causes an immediate CTD.

Mark

Try downloading the updated module (4.726 at the time of writing) from the following thread: http://forum.simflig...pdated-modules/

The fixes included might not resolve your problem, but it's always a good starting point.

Best regards,

Ian P.

I'm getting FSX freezes using FSUIPC 4.726. I'm taking the thing out. It seems to be causing too many problems.

Hi Ian,

The two downloads I have are:-

FSUIPC4.ZIP, containing 'FSUIPC4.DLL' dated 15 April 2011and 'Install FSUIPC4.EXE' dated 25 April 2011, etc.

FSUIPC4726.ZIP, containing only 'FSUIPC4.DLL' dated 17 Aug 2011.

I first deleted the copy of FSUIPC.DLL from FSX\Modules and then set 'Install FSUIPC4.EXE' to 'Run As Administrator'. This installed V.4.3, 397,392 bytes in FSX\Modules.

Loading FSX produced the usual complaint and it developed a Fatal Error

I then copied across v. 4.726 to FSX\Modules and had the same result.

Unless there's an installer for v. 4.726 that I can configure to run as Administrator, I cannot see what else I can do.

Mark

Unless there's an installer for v. 4.726 that I can configure to run as Administrator, I cannot see what else I can do.

It sounds like it is nothing to do with the installing part, but a bug in SimConnect.

To work out where it is happening, please check the FSX Modules folder for an FSUIPC4.LOG file. If there is not one there then FSUIPC4 has not been run. If there is one, check the date on it and make sure it is from the last run of FSX you had. Then paste its contents here for me to check for you.

If there's no log being produced then FSUIPC is being run and the bug is in SimConnect or FSX. Please see the thread in the FAQ subforum entitled "FSX fails to run after FSUIPC4 first installed ".

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

Hope you had a good holiday!

There is a FSUIPC4.LOG file in FSX\MODULES. It is dated: 28 Aug 2011, 11:49:26 PM, which is the last time I attempted to run FSX.

Here is the file:-

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.726 by Pete Dowson *********

Reading options from "H:\Flying\FSX\Modules\FSUIPC4.ini"

Trying to connect to SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07 ...

User Name="Mark Nixon"

User Addr="maenixon@shaw.ca"

FSUIPC4 Key is provided

WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired

Running inside FSX on Windows 7 (using SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07)

Module base=61000000

Wind smoothing fix is fully installed

DebugStatus=15

1669 System time = 28/08/2011 23:48:49

1669 FLT path = "C:\Users\Dr Mark A. E. Nixon\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"

1669 FS path = "H:\Flying\FSX\"

Hope this helps with the diagnosis.

Regards,

Mark

There is a FSUIPC4.LOG file in FSX\MODULES. It is dated: 28 Aug 2011, 11:49:26 PM, which is the last time I attempted to run FSX.

Okay, thanks.

It appears to crash exactly at the point where it tries to open the link to SimConnect. So now I need to see what SimConnect is doing. Could you please get me a SimConnect log? Instructions are given in the FAQ subforum, in the thread entitled "FSX HELP: Logging SimConnect".

I could also do with seeing two other files, if they exist:

DLL.XML (which will exist)

EXE.XML (which may not)

Both of these will be found in the same folder as your FSX.CFG file. If you don't know where that is, show me the FSUIPC4 install log, or check it yoursefl, because it will be logged in there. Despite the names they are text files and can be cut and paste via Notepad as usual.

Oh, one other thing. Could you check the Windows error log (right click "Computer", select Manage - Windows Logs - Application - scroll down to find the "Error" at the time you last got one, then double-click the entry. Check it is for FSX.EXE). I need the Module Name, the Exception code, and the Fault Offset please.

[LATER]

Also, not a solution but an idea to check for a corrupted SimConnect SP2/Accel link, try adding this line (temporarily) to the [General] section of the FSUIPC4.INI file:

UseSimConnect=SP1

or even

UseSimConnect=Orig

This will make FSUIPC try to open one of the earlier versions in the hope that it still works correctly. If it is only the SP2/Accel version which is bad a simply reinstall of that might then fix it.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

I just went to "FSX fails to run after FSUIPC4 first installed". and tried renaming DLL.XML, re-running the FSUIPC installer (which told me it did not overwrite the newer version of FSUIPC.DLL) and then rerunning FSX. But I still get the error. I tried rerunning FSX a couple of more times, as you suggested, but the error kept repeating.

Then I did a 'Repair' of FSX Acceleration from the original disk, in case SimConnect was corrupted - as you mentioned in "FSX Fails to Run after FSUIPC First Installed". This did not solve the problem.

So I have now created a SIMCONNECT.INI and tried to run FSX again. It has produced SimConnect0.Log in FSX\MODULES, as expected.Here it is:-

0.00000 SimConnect version 10.0.61259.0

0.02661 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=Pipe, Name=\\.\pipe\Microsoft Flight Simulator\SimConnect, MaxClients=64

0.03813 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=IPv6, Address=::1, Port=50475, MaxClients=64

0.04613 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=IPv4, Address=127.0.0.1, Port=50476, MaxClients=64

-and here is DLL.XML (the original version before re-running the FSUIPC installer):-

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>

<Disabled>True</Disabled>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>

<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name>

<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>

<Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

- and the Application Error in its entirety from Windows Logs:-

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: FSUIPC4.dll, version: 4.7.2.6, time stamp: 0x4e4b0613

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0003d528

Faulting process id: 0x1d30

Faulting application start time: 0x01cc668d59ca6db8

Faulting application path: H:\Flying\FSX\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: H:\Flying\FSX\Modules\FSUIPC4.dll

Report Id: 27eb1e23-d282-11e0-a085-90e6ba2ec4a5

Finally (!), I inserted the line UseSimConnect=SP1 into FSUIPC.INI - but, again, no success.

Hope the above gives you some clues...

Regards,

Mark

Then I did a 'Repair' of FSX Acceleration from the original disk, in case SimConnect was corrupted - as you mentioned in "FSX Fails to Run after FSUIPC First Installed". This did not solve the problem.

That's not the way. You'd need to find the SimConnect.msi and run that. I see you have the FSX SDK installed, so you'll find all three versions of the SimConnect.msi installers there.

So I have now created a SIMCONNECT.INI and tried to run FSX again. It has produced SimConnect0.Log in FSX\MODULES, as expected.Here it is:-

0.02661 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=Pipe, Name=\\.\pipe\Microsoft Flight Simulator\SimConnect, MaxClients=64

0.03813 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=IPv6, Address=::1, Port=50475, MaxClients=64

0.04613 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=IPv4, Address=127.0.0.1, Port=50476, MaxClients=64

If that is all the Log contained then it is not trying to load any programs at all, so FSUIPC is not even being looked at let alone being run. If FSX is crashing then it is an FSX problem completely, nothing to do with any SimConnect business or FSUIPC.

-and here is DLL.XML (the original version before re-running the FSUIPC installer):-

That looks okay, and would load FSUIPC4, but the SimConnect log proves that this DLL.XML was not in use at that time.

I need the SimConnect log from an attempt which does actualy load and run FSUIPC4, as indicated by the log you showed earlier.

- and the Application Error in its entirety from Windows Logs:-

Ah, some useful information! Thank you. I will work in this in the morning. It is getting late here now. At a quick glance it looks like it's something in the Lua plug-in area. Could you please list the Lua files you have in the FSX Modules folder, please? And could you paste your FSUIPC4.INI file here too? Thanks.

Oh, one other thing. I'm up to version 4.727 now. Not a lot of changes, but sufficient to make the address from the error report inaccurate. It would help me pin it down if you could get 4.727 from the Download Links subforum, and get the windows error log info again, but with that version.

Thanks,

[LATER]

Another thought, before I finally go to bed. One of the other things FSUIPC is doing at about the point where your logs end is trying to get the weather data. Sometimes it has been known for a corrupt WX file -- often the one loaded initially by FS as part of the default flight -- to cause a crash. Could you try one (separate) test with all of the .WX files temporarily removed from the Flight Simulator X Files folder (in your documents folder)?

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

First of all, thanks for getting back to me so quickly - and after Midnight, UK time, too.:rolleyes: My time zone is - 8 hrs, so it's afternoon here on the West Coast of Canada.

I've just tried to run FSX again - usual error messages - and here is the latest iteration of SimConnect0.log:-

0.03463 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=Pipe, Name=\\.\pipe\Microsoft Flight Simulator\SimConnect, MaxClients=64

0.06514 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=IPv6, Address=::1, Port=55027, MaxClients=64

0.07702 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=IPv4, Address=127.0.0.1, Port=55028, MaxClients=64

8.44410 Panels data export found and set to 20B319D8

- as you can see, it's similar to the previous one, viz. no mention of FSUIPC.

Here is a list of all the Lua files I can find. None is in FSX\MODULES; they are all in a folder under FSX\MODULES\, called FSUIPC Documents:-

FSUIPC Lua Library.pdf

FSUIPC Lua Plug-Ins.pdf

Lua License.pdf

Lua Plugins for VRInsight Devices.pdf

Example LUA plugins.zip

I have not UnZippd 'Example LUA plugins.zip' - should I have done?

Here is my FSUIPC.INI file, dated 29 Aug 2011, 5:57:31 PM:-

[General]

Console=No

UpdatedByVersion=4726

History=DT620LW6Q4S2UF827NG1D

TCASid=Type+ // Orig: Flight

TCASrange=40

AxisCalibration=No

DirectAxesToCalibs=No

ShowMultilineWindow=Yes

SuppressSingleline=No

SuppressMultilineFS=No

AxisIntercepts=No

DontResetAxes=No

GetNearestAirports=No

WeatherReadFactor=2

WeatherRewriteSeconds=1

CustomWeatherModify=No

SimConnectStallTime=1

LuaRerunDelay=66

UseSimConnect=SP1 //Temporary

[JoyNames]

AutoAssignLetters=No

0=CH FLIGHT SIM YOKE USB

0.GUID={C0234100-2EAD-11DF-8005-444553540000}

1=Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

1.GUID={D5FEA040-4A78-11E0-8001-444553540000}

[WideServer]

WideFSenabled=Yes

[sounds]

Path=H:\Flying\FSX\Sound\

Device1=Primary Sound Driver

Device2=Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)

Device3=Digital Audio (S/PDIF) (High Definition Audio Device)

Device4=Digital Audio (S/PDIF) (High Definition Audio Device)

[buttons]

ButtonRepeat=20,10

[MacroFiles]

1=747 OHD

2=APchart

[AutoSave]

AutoSaveEnabled=No

Next=1

Interval=60

Files=10

SaveOnGround=No

[GPSout]

GPSoutEnabled=No

[GPSout2]

GPSoutEnabled=No

I shall now get FSUIPC v. 4.727 and copy it over v. 4.726 and see what happens when I try to run FSX again.

Same 'Fatal Error'.

Here's the relevant Windows Error Log:-

!. General:-

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: FSUIPC4.dll, version: 4.7.2.7, time stamp: 0x4e5ae1f9

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0003d4d8

Faulting process id: 0x1e04

Faulting application start time: 0x01cc66b8f1e46bf5

Faulting application path: H:\Flying\FSX\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: H:\Flying\FSX\Modules\FSUIPC4.dll

Report Id: 7802c6dd-d2ac-11e0-a085-90e6ba2ec4a5

2. Details (XML View):-

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System> <Provider Name="Application Error" /> <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID> <Level>2</Level> <Task>100</Task> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-08-30T02:05:02.000000000Z" /> <EventRecordID>49449</EventRecordID> <Channel>Application</Channel> <Computer>marksnemesis</Computer> <Security /> </System> - <EventData> <Data>fsx.exe</Data> <Data>10.0.61637.0</Data> <Data>46fadb14</Data> <Data>FSUIPC4.dll</Data> <Data>4.7.2.7</Data> <Data>4e5ae1f9</Data> <Data>c0000005</Data> <Data>0003d4d8</Data> <Data>1e04</Data> <Data>01cc66b8f1e46bf5</Data> <Data>H:\Flying\FSX\fsx.exe</Data> <Data>H:\Flying\FSX\Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Data> <Data>7802c6dd-d2ac-11e0-a085-90e6ba2ec4a5</Data> </EventData> </Event>

Regards,

Mark

I've just tried to run FSX again - usual error messages - and here is the latest iteration of SimConnect0.log:-

0.03463 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=Pipe, Name=\\.\pipe\Microsoft Flight Simulator\SimConnect, MaxClients=64

0.06514 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=IPv6, Address=::1, Port=55027, MaxClients=64

0.07702 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=IPv4, Address=127.0.0.1, Port=55028, MaxClients=64

8.44410 Panels data export found and set to 20B319D8

- as you can see, it's similar to the previous one, viz. no mention of FSUIPC.

That's really weird. I don't see how FSUIPC4 is running at all. This is the start of any SimConnect log I produce:

0.02062 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=Pipe, Name=\\.\pipe\Microsoft Flight Simulator\SimConnect, MaxClients=64

0.04340 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=IPv6, Address=::1, Port=52580, MaxClients=64

0.08551 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=IPv4, Address=127.0.0.1, Port=52581, MaxClients=64

1.21343 Panels data export found and set to 20B319D8

2.91854 DLL Loaded: Path="Modules\FSUIPC4.dll" Version="4.7.2.7"

All I can think of there is that the crash is happening so soon after FSUIPC4 is loading that SimConnect's line hasn't reached the file yet.

I have not UnZippd 'Example LUA plugins.zip' - should I have done?

No. I can see now that Lua is not involved. It's something to do with the INI file processing.

Here is my FSUIPC.INI file, dated 29 Aug 2011, 5:57:31 PM:-

Just as a test, try renaming it so it isn't used and FSUIPC generates another. Meanwhile I'll try yours here.

UseSimConnect=SP1 //Temporary

You can remove this now. It isn't relative.

Here's the relevant Windows Error Log:-

Thanks. I can now pinpoint exactly in the code where it happens. It's definitely to do with INI file processing, but I don't know what, yet.

Regards

Pete

Found it!

It's caused by this line:

TCASid=Type+ // Orig: Flight

There's no automatic comment processing for INI / CFG files provided by the Windows API being used. Those cases, as in Button Assignments, where I specifically allow and retain comments, need a fair bit of extra processing.

What happens here is that the whole string "Type+ // Orig: Flight" is taken as the option you want, and due to my stupidity this is longer than the buffer allowed.

I'll change the TCASid parameter check to only compare the actual lengths of the existing options rather than trying to use exactly what you provide, but either way your comment will be lost the next time you run FS.

Meanwhile, try not to add comments except where specifically allowed, or after a numeric input where they won't matter (but they'll still get lost). If you just need to be able to return things to default simply delete the line.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

That did it!

I deleted the line: UseSimConnect=SP1 //Temporary.

And removed the comment: // Orig: Flight

And then tried FSX....

WARNING MESSAGE about FSUIPC !!

So I renamed FSUIPC4.INI, chose to continue running FSX with FSUIPC and this time it ran. As you expected, FSUIPC made another .INI file, which is 2248 bytes, as opposed to the old one of 1075 bytes. The difference is entirely in the [General] section, which is very much longer.

Thanks for all your time spent on this problem! All due to my not knowing that FSUIPC4.INI doesn't allow comments. I'm afraid the finer points of programming are completely lost on me, e.g. "... the TCASid parameter check", so I can only happily take your word for what happens.:rolleyes:

Oh, and BTW, thanks for FSUIPC itself. It's quite beyond me how anyone can think of such clever programming!

Regards,

Mark

And then tried FSX....

WARNING MESSAGE about FSUIPC !!

So I renamed FSUIPC4.INI, chose to continue running FSX with FSUIPC and this time it ran.

I'm sure it would have continued okay in any case. That's just a trust check which SimConnect sometimes throws up.

Regards

Pete

Hello again Pete and thanks in advance for fielding my latest situation.

CTD here too.

Windows 7 FSX Gold. I removed this installation so as I can use a different plane. I can use the sim time before I go fly the real thing.

I reinstalled FSX Delux as I need to run Carenado's 210 which does not run on SP2.

I reinstalled FSX Delux into C:\Flight Simulator X.

Tested FSX. Loads and appears to work fine until I add FSUIPC4.703.

Now I know the problem is on my end since before the reinstall of FSX Delux, FSUIPC4.703 had been running perfectly.

I checked into the FAQ mentioned above by the way and I cannot get the "publishers" tab on my internet options. For some reason its not there on my Windows 7 Home install version.

I read this current post but since my situation is a slight bit different I thought I would start here if that is ok with you. Thanks for your help on this.

Here is the FSUIPC.log, DLL.XML and there was no EXE.xml

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.703 by Pete Dowson *********

User Name="You know who I am :grin: "

User Addr=" :grin: "

FSUIPC4 Key is provided

WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired

Module base=61000000

Wind smoothing fix is fully installed

DebugStatus=15

999 System time = 31/08/2011 16:49:59

999 FLT path = "C:\Users\Mark\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"

999 FS path = "C:\Flight Simulator X\"

1467 LogOptions=00000000 00000001

1576 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

1576 WARNING: Failed to install Mouse Macro hooks!

15398 Exception 5 "VERSION_MISMATCH", Ref 0, Version 0.60905: Open: SimConnect Version incorrect!

15398 Trying another version of SimConnect ...

15569 Trying to connect to SimConnect SP1 May07 ...

15585 Now running with SimConnect SP1 May07

15585 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

[ DLL.XML ]

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>

<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>

<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>

<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name>

<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>

<Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

[EXE.XML] was not listed in the folder containing (FSX.CFG)

CTD here too.

Really? Have you tested with 4.727? I need you to use the same version as me and get the crash details from the Windows error log, as adviced earlier in the thread. Else I cannot do anything.

I checked into the FAQ mentioned above by the way and I cannot get the "publishers" tab on my internet options.

judging by your Log it isn't anything to do with any Trust problem in any case. THere isn't a "CTD" for the Simconnect trust bug, and even if there were one of the symptoms is that FSUIPC is never loaded so cannot produce a log.

If you peruse the more recent messages in this thread you are adding to you will see how it evolved and what the reason was.

For some reason its not there on my Windows 7 Home install version.

Although it isn't relevant anyway, it is there, just probably in a different menu. It's related to the version of Internet Explorer, not Windows. However, it is certainly still there in IE8, in the same menus -- Tools-Internet Options-Content. And that's in my Windows 7. I can't see that it would have moved much in IE9 though I'm not willing to instal it just to check (I use Firefox or Chrome not IE, and of course those don't deal in publishers and certificates, only IE does).

According to the Log, your problem is that you seem to have uninstalled parts of FSX before reinstalling it, but of course you could not uninstall SimConnect SP2/Accel. So it is still there, and programs like FSUIPC which prefer it will try to use it. SimConnect SP2 is not compatible with FSX SP1 or earlier.

You can see all this for yourself, here:

1576 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

1576 WARNING: Failed to install Mouse Macro hooks!

15398 Exception 5 "VERSION_MISMATCH", Ref 0, Version 0.60905: Open: SimConnect Version incorrect!

The best answer is to install FSX SP2 or Acceleration again. If you must stick with an older buggier version of FSX then you will probably either need to reinstall Windows in order to get rid of SimConnect SP2, or, for FSUIPC only, use the fiddle in version 4.727 as described in one of the earlier messages in this thread in order to force FSUIPC to use SP1 or before. i.e. this suggestion:

Also, not a solution but an idea to check for a corrupted SimConnect SP2/Accel link, try adding this line (temporarily) to the [General] section of the FSUIPC4.INI file:

UseSimConnect=SP1

or even

UseSimConnect=Orig

This will make FSUIPC try to open one of the earlier versions in the hope that it still works correctly. If it is only the SP2/Accel version which is bad a simply reinstall of that might then fix it.

But for this you must get version 4.727 or later, of course, as this was only added very recently.

Rehgards

Pete

The best answer is to install FSX SP2 or Acceleration again. If you must stick with an older buggier version of FSX then you will probably either need to reinstall Windows in order to get rid of SimConnect SP2, or, for FSUIPC only, use the fiddle in version 4.727 as described in one of the earlier messages in this thread in order to force FSUIPC to use SP1 or before. i.e. this suggestion:

But for this you must get version 4.727 or later, of course, as this was only added very recently.

Rehgards

Pete

Yes sir! You are correct!! :mrgreen: As much as I would love to learn the finer points to this issue I am a bit pressed for time. I'm headed back to FSX SP2.

Thanks again Pete for your quick response!

• 3 years later...

To Pete Dawson  >  How many times do I have to pay for FSUIPC???  Being disabled, sigh, money is tight.  I just installed the Gold Edition, and the accelerator pack.  Do I still need the FSX SP 1 and FSX SP 2.   I cannot find any links to obtaining it if I need to install it.

Also you mentioned that Saitek is causing crashes to the FSUIPC 4 versions.  Was planning to upgrade the Yoke and pedals, and buy the GoFlight Throttle quandrant, but took two steps back after reading Saitek is having problems with FSUIPC, and the price of the gawd awful nice throttle quadrant which is a simmers dream.

Ah yea we have talked before in the past as I have been doing simming off and on the last 14 years.  Your FSUIPC is the most important module for any flight sim game, and to me its a definite must have utility.  I do hope you have others trained involving your program Pete, because you know we don't live forever.  I just turned 62 now.  Losing you will be a super terrible blow to the flight sim community.

Anyway could not find on how to write to you on this FSUIPC registrations so I posted it here.

regards

Chan Rak.