The simFlight Network Forums

I now I've read it somewhere....

Pete,

I know I've read something somewhere about FSUIPC always causing FS9 to set 'User Defined weather' and I'm sure I've read about a fix.

I just can't remember where....sorry.

Can you refresh my memory?

I'm currently running a registered copy of v3.04 :)

I know I've read something somewhere about FSUIPC always causing FS9 to set 'User Defined weather' and I'm sure I've read about a fix.

It only does this if you have any of the weather filter options set. This is because most of them do operate on the "global" weather setting in FS -- the one used at any WX station without specific weather -- even though you won't normally see the effect.

I'm changing this so that it won't touch native FS weather unless you select an option for it to do so. This will be in version 3.05, which I hope to release by the weekend. Meanwhile, you can avoid the problem by selecting "minimum weather defaults" in the first FSUIPC options page. Actually "normal defaults" may also do it. But either way, please note that these reset other options as well, like some of those on the Technical page which you may wish to re-select afterwards, and the Hot Keys too.

Regards,

Pete