The simFlight Network Forums

FSX Installation problem with the Fsuipc4 and VRS superbug

I just purchased the VRS F/A18 Superbug, went through all the installs and registration flawlessly, when it came to fly the plane error came up saying to update to latest fsuipc4, which I did. When I went to fly the plane again error came up saying it cannot recognize fsuipc4. I checked the modules folder in FSX all the fsuipc4 stuff is in there. When I run the sim and hit alt button there is no addons in the top menu bar listing fsuipc. I am running Windows7 64. Something is missing somewhere.

I appreciate any guidance.

Hello,

What version of FS are you running? 'Out of the box', SP1, SP2 or Acceleration?

Also, what version number of FSUIPC do you now have installed? Did you install the base 4.7 package and then update it using the module from the downloads thread here?

Next one, inside the sim, do you have an "Addons" drop down menu, with an FSUIPC entry inside it?

Last but not least, do you have an FSUIPC Install log in your [FSX]/modules directory? If so, can you post its contents here, please, so Pete can see whether it installed correctly?

All the best,

Ian P.

Hi Ian

I am running FSX with acceleration, I just updated to fsuipc 4.7 downloaded from the sight, and there is no addon drop down in the menu when I press alt with in the sim. My version of fsuipc is fully registered as well as wide. Below is a copy of the install log.

Thanks for the quick reply

Todd

nstaller for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.703

Looking in registry for FSX install path:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

Parameter"AppPath"

... >>> OK! FOUND FSX! <<< ...

Looking in registry for ESP install path:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft ESP\1.0

Parameter"AppPath"

Not there, so looking in:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft ESP\1.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

... NOT found! ...

Looking in registry for Prepar3D install path:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\LockheedMartin\Prepar3D

Parameter"AppPath"

Not there, so looking in:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LockheedMartin\Prepar3D

Parameter"SetupPath"

... NOT found! ...

===========================================================

INSTALLATION FOR FSX:

AppPath="C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

Checking version of FSX.EXE:

... Version 10.0.61637.0 (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)

Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:

Found SimConnect build 60905 (Original)

Found SimConnect build 61242 (SP1 May07)

Found SimConnect build 61259 (Acc/SP2 Oct07)

Checking if there's already a version of FSUIPC4 installed in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL

... Version 4.703 found.

FSX Modules folder already exists.

Okay -- installed FSUIPC4 into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL"

Looking for the current user's Application Data path:

... found as "C:\Users\Todd\AppData\Roaming"

Now finding \Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG for all users, including this one

Looking in "C:\Users\All Users\AppData\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\AppData\AppData\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Default User\AppData\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Public\AppData\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Todd\AppData\Roaming"

Found FSX.CFG in "C:\Users\Todd\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG"

Now checking DLL.XML ...

... There is a previous DLL.XML, checking for FSUIPC4 section.

... FSUIPC4 section already exists but will be replaced.

... FSUIPC4 section of DLL.XML written okay

Now checking for a SimConnect.XML file ...

... No SimConnect.XML file found. This is okay.

"Modules\FSUIPC Documents" folder already exists.

Now installing additional files into the "Modules\FSUIPC Documents" folder:

Installed "FSUIPC4 User Guide.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 History.pdf" okay

Installed "List of FSX controls.pdf" okay

Installed "GlobalSign Root.exe" okay

Installed "FSUIPC Lua Library.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC Lua Plug-Ins.pdf" okay

Installed "Lua License.pdf" okay

Installed "Lua Plugins for VRInsight Devices.pdf" okay

Installed "Example LUA plugins.zip" okay

FSUIPC4.DLL installed and signature checked out okay!

Deleted GlobalSign Root fix program ... no longer relevant

===========================================================

All installer tasks completed okay!

Registration check for FSUIPC4 was successful! (result code 00)

*************** End of Install Log ***************

I am running FSX with acceleration, I just updated to fsuipc 4.7 downloaded from the sight, and there is no addon drop down in the menu when I press alt with in the sim. My version of fsuipc is fully registered as well as wide. Below is a copy of the install log.

Thanks for the quick reply

The installation log shows that part went okay. So now we need to find out if FSUIPC is actually being run or not.

First, please go to the Download Links subforum and get the latest interim FSUIPC4 update (4.627 as I write this). Place it in your FSX Modules folder.

Then run FSX again. If still no FSUIPC menu entry in Add-Ons, close FSX, and look in the FSX Modules folder for an FSUIPC4 Log file. If there is one, then at least FSUIPC is getting loaded. Please paste the Log here.

If there isn't one, then it isn't even being loaded, so the most likely problem in an error in the DLL.XML file. You'll find that in this folder:

C:\Users\Todd\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

Try renaming it, then re-rerun the FSUIPC 4.703 installer (don't worry, it won't overwrite 4.727 or later). That will make a new DLL.XML file. Try FSX again.

If that works, then there was an error in your DLL.XML file before you installed FSUIPC originally. If there are other Modules to be loaded we'll need to fix it, so paste your original, renamed, DLL.XML file here and I'll take a look.

Regards

Pete

The installation log shows that part went okay. So now we need to find out if FSUIPC is actually being run or not.

First, please go to the Download Links subforum and get the latest interim FSUIPC4 update (4.627 as I write this). Place it in your FSX Modules folder.

Then run FSX again. If still no FSUIPC menu entry in Add-Ons, close FSX, and look in the FSX Modules folder for an FSUIPC4 Log file. If there is one, then at least FSUIPC is getting loaded. Please paste the Log here.

If there isn't one, then it isn't even being loaded, so the most likely problem in an error in the DLL.XML file. You'll find that in this folder:

C:\Users\Todd\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

Try renaming it, then re-rerun the FSUIPC 4.703 installer (don't worry, it won't overwrite 4.727 or later). That will make a new DLL.XML file. Try FSX again.

If that works, then there was an error in your DLL.XML file before you installed FSUIPC originally. If there are other Modules to be loaded we'll need to fix it, so paste your original, renamed, DLL.XML file here and I'll take a look.

Regards

Pete

Hiya Pete its been some time since we ripped FSX apart to find the problem it was Active Sky last time. I cant find the version you were referring to, everything says 4.7. I have suspected that this is a dll.xml issue from the get go but I am not that savvy with FSX to make the call or the fix.

Here is the dll.xml file and I might add it looks like no other.xml file that is in the folder. There is no structure to it like the other files. Its all compacted into one big paragraph.

Launch dll.xml False False Object Placement Tool True False ..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll Traffic Toolbox True False ..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll Visual Effects Tool True False ..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll VistaMare Core False False C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll Warbirdsim P51 False False module_init module_deinit Warbirdsim\Warbirdsim.p51.dll Addon Manager False False bglmanx.dll Captain Sim 727 Menu False Captain_Sim\727\Captain_Sim.p727.menu.dll Captain Sim 767 Menu False Captain_Sim\Captain_Sim.b767.menu.dll PMDG Options False PMDG\DLLs\PMDGOptions.dll PMDG Events False PMDG\DLLs\PMDGEvents.dll PMDG Sounds False PMDG\DLLs\PMDGSounds.dll Just Flight TCAS Module False TCAS2v7.dll module_init module_deinit Captain Sim 707 Sound False Captain_Sim\707\cs.sound.dll Captain Sim 520 Menu False Captain_Sim\520\cs.sound.dll FSLOptions False False FSLabs\DLLs\FSLOptions.dll FSLEvents False False FSLabs\DLLs\FSLEvents.dll FSLSounds False False FSLabs\DLLs\FSLSounds.dll Fly the Maddog False False C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\LeonardoSH.dll A2A Service False A2A\Shared\A2A_Service.dll module_init module_deinit PMDG HUD interface False PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll module_init module_deinit

There was no Fsuipc log file.

When I renamed the xml file I fired FSX up and ran as usual I don't think its been working for a long time.

Regards

Todd

I cant find the version you were referring to, everything says 4.7.

Version 4.727 is clearly available on the Download Links subforum as I stated! All of the latest versions are there. Other folks don't seem to have a problem finding stuff there. Check the thread entitled "Updated Modules".

Here is the dll.xml file and I might add it looks like no other.xml file that is in the folder. There is no structure to it like the other files. Its all compacted into one big paragraph.

That is probably because you used an inappropriate editor. Those ".." parts you see are the new line codes. Your editor is probably looking for a "return" code.

I'm afraid I can't easily check it for you pasted in that form.

There was no Fsuipc log file.

When I renamed the xml file I fired FSX up and ran as usual

So that DLL.XML is faulty -- probably a result of some earlier failed install of another program. There appears to be a number of other DLLs you need loading, so if you can find a way to paste the original DLL.XML properly then I'll try to fix it for you, or else Zip it and send it to petedowson@btconnect.com.

Pete

I dropped in the .dll as you said to do it did generate this log. You know its been 3 years since I had to reinstall fsx I cant even think of the .dlls that would be missing why don't I just uninstall fsx and start from scratch. I can start fresh with a clean load.

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.50 by Pete Dowson *********

Reading options from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.ini"

User Name=""

User Addr=""

FSUIPC4 not user registered

WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired

Running inside FSX on Windows Vista (using SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07)

Module base=61000000

Wind smoothing fix is fully installed

DebugStatus=0

110 System time = 01:12:44

203 FLT UNC path = "\\TODD-PC\Users\Todd\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"

203 FS UNC path = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

968 LogOptions=00000000 00000001

968 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

10234 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61637.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61259.0)

10234 Initialising SimConnect data requests now

10234 FSUIPC Menu entry added

10297 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM.FLT

10297 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aircreation_582SL\Aircreation_582SL.AIR

17005 Weather Mode now = Theme

58158 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\WoS_B377\b377.AIR

153817 System time = 01:15:18, Simulator time = 03:13:03 (08:13Z)

154161 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

941966 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 788 secs = 22.3 fps

942886 \\TODD-PC\Users\Todd\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\Previous flight.FLT

1600352 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 644 secs = 22.3 fps

1744716 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 122 secs = 18.7 fps

1786040 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado C340\C340A.AIR

2404241 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 616 secs = 21.2 fps

2407829 System time = 01:52:52, Simulator time = 03:25:21 (08:25Z)

2407829 *** FSUIPC log file being closed

Average frame rate for running time of 2171 secs = 21.8 fps

Memory managed: 977 Allocs, 977 Freed

********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

I dropped in the .dll as you said to do it did generate this log.

That's a log from a perfectly working FSUIPC version 4.50 which is very much out of date and totally unsupported. It is not possible that any recent version produced that log.

You know its been 3 years since I had to reinstall fsx

Version 4.50 of FSUIPC is getting on for three years of age too, so maybe you've never used a later one since then?

I cant even think of the .dlls that would be missing

Who says they are missing? They are all addressed in that DLL.XML file. You can see the names if you peer closely. There's probably only a minor glitch in that file which is stopping things, maybe a missing bracket or something. XML files are pretty unforgiving. i hate the things. As far as I'm concerned they are another mistake of Microsoft in their efforts to make things as complicated as they can (much like side-by-side libraries like SimConnect).

why don't I just uninstall fsx and start from scratch. I can start fresh with a clean load.

If you want to start from scratch I would start from a fresh install of Windows if I were you. Reinstalling FSX almost always seems to make a worse mess than you had before, because it is almost impossible to get a clean uninstall of SimConnect..

Pete

Its to deep for me, I did a fresh load and got everything to work, it needed a good house cleaning. Way to much crap in there. Thanks for your help and support on this VRS wasn't even close to the time you took with it.

That xml file was messed up and I don't recall how far back its been like that I just know I haven't had the add-on selection in the main menu of fsx for a long time.

Regards

Todd