The simFlight Network Forums

Assigning a button to a client PC keypress

CBB

Hi Pete

I am trying to assign a button to a keypress on one of my clients (it is CTRL+O on the client which shows the frame rates within the PM Glass Coclpit). Within the button section of FSUIPC the button press shows up, I thought if I then selected "keypress" and hit CTRL+O on the client PC, this would show up but it doesn't. I checked the wideclient.ini and it has buttonScanInterval on, see below:

[Config]

Port=8002

Window=-32000,-32000,160,34

Visible=Yes

ButtonScanInterval=20

ClassInstance=0

NetworkTiming=5,1

MailslotTiming=2000,1000

PollInterval=2000

Port2=9002

ResponseTime=18

ApplicationDelay=0

TCPcoalesce=No

WaitForNewData=500

MaxSendQ=100

OnMaxSendQ=Log

NewSendScanTime=50

Priority=3,1,2

; -----------------------------------------------

[user]

Log=Errors+

; ===============================================

[sounds]

Path=C:\WideClient\Sound\

Device1=Driver de som primário

Device2=Realtek HD Audio output

Hardware/Software spec:

Server spec

CPU Intel E8600

Motherboard XFX 790i Ultra

Graphics BFG GTX 280 OC

Memory 4GB DDR3 1600

HD 300GB Velociraptor

O/S Vista Basic 64 bit

I have the 3GB switch enabled

Server contents

· FSX + SP1 + SP2 – settings are around medium (water is 1x and very low cars/ships/airport vehicles) and frame rates set at unlimited (I get frames rates of 40+ although at a very detailed airport (eg Heathrow) down to 20)

· FSUIPC 4.703 and WideFS 6.8.6

· Project Magenta MCP 490B and PMsounds

· Goflight Software 2.03 (to work the buttons and switches on the Goflight hardware below incl Goflight MCPPro)

· Weather – Active Sky Evolution SP2

· ATC - Radar Contact 4

· Scenery - Ground Env Xtreme and Ultimate Terrain X and FSGenesis World Terrain Mesh

· Traffic X

· Airplane – Project Opensky Continental 737-900

Control hardware connected to Server

· Goflight MCPPro, throttle quadrant and Airliner system

· PFC yoke and pedals

Client 1

Project Magenta Glass Cockpit (PFD) 490A

Client 2

Project Magenta Glass Cockpit (EICAS) 490A

Client 3

Project Magenta CDU 490 – connected to flyengravity CDU hardware

Client 4

Project Magenta PMSystems 182

3 DOF platform software (Motionforsimulators FAST program)

I am trying to assign a button to a keypress on one of my clients (it is CTRL+O on the client which shows the frame rates within the PM Glass Coclpit). Within the button section of FSUIPC the button press shows up, I thought if I then selected "keypress" and hit CTRL+O on the client PC, this would show up but it doesn't. I checked the wideclient.ini and it has buttonScanInterval on, see below:

Sorry, I'm a bit confused. Where is the button you want to press. on a device on the client or on the FS PC? All the button scan interval in the Client INI file does is controls the rate at which WideClient polls joystick buttons connected locally, at the Client.

If you then, in FSUIPC, assign it to send a keypress, that keypress is sent to FS. That's the whole point of the assignments in FSUIPC --- FS controls sent to FS, or keypresses, sent to FS.

If you want a keypress sent to a client you have to assign in FSUIPC to a KeySend, then edit the Wideclient INI file to tell Wideclient to convert the numbered KeySend into a keystroke for a specific program. The program to receive the keystroke can be selected by a number of different methods. Please check the WideClient documentation for details about KeySends and sending keypresses. Some methods work better with some programs, but other methods with others. If you know for certain that the program concerned has the keyboard focus then it isn't so difficult of course.

For PM's Glass cockpit "Ctrl + O" you would be better off not trying to use KeyStrokes in any case, but the facilities provided by PM to do it efficiently through FSUIPC offsets. Check the FSUIPC Advanced User's guide. Search for the list of PM Glass cockpit facilities, (`"Project Magenta GC Controls"). In the list you'll see

60 Show Overview Page in ND

61 Hide Overview Page in ND

These do the same as Ctrl-O (O is for "Overview"). So, assign the button to the control named "PM GC controls" with a parameter of 60 to show and 61 to hide.

Regards

Pete