The simFlight Network Forums

Multiple Lua Windows

Would you consider expanding FSUIPC's Lua functionality to provide the capability of separate "windows" for display of each Lua script?

I have considered it before, but the work involved is far from trivial and i really don't think the demand and application warrants it. Very few people would want multiple windows spread over their FS views.

I'm working on a few Lua utilities (persistent failures, landing critic etc.) and the sharing of a display output window is not very manageable.

What would those Windows give to the user? I can understand the need for such displays when debugging programs or checking things, but surely not as a permanent set of displays?

Regards

Pete

What would those Windows give to the user? I can understand the need for such displays when debugging programs or checking things, but surely not as a permanent set of displays?

Well the Landing Critic would clearly provide "metrics" on your masterful approach, flare and roll-out. I suppose though the others would just be temporary/optional "notices". The only problem is that if one script shows something important, and another happens to pop up something temporary, the temp display may clear and remove the "permanent" one. If I come up with more concrete examples, I'll try to convince you more. In either case though, it would nice. :)

Well the Landing Critic would clearly provide "metrics" on your masterful approach, flare and roll-out. I suppose though the others would just be temporary/optional "notices". The only problem is that if one script shows something important, and another happens to pop up something temporary, the temp display may clear and remove the "permanent" one.

Best to use the normal message display facilities for "notices" -- i.e. via offset 32FA (control) and 3380 (text).

Regards

Pete