The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC

Hi Pete

I have a new registration of FSUIPC, I set it up and was working properly until I tried to to Assign Reverse thrust, Now I cant get the throttles working, and the flaps jump from 5 to 20 when I try to fly, I have tried going back to normal defaults but still no good.

I have deleted the dll file and run FSX again and all is working ok.

When I reinstall FSUIPC I get the same problem.

I am using a saitek pro flight yoke and three levers. Z for throttle and X for landing gear, and I tried to use Y for reverse thrust thats when it all went wrong.

I have tried deleting Z axis in FS, and tried to set Z axis in FSUIPC for the single Throttle, and noticed that ther is no centre set buttton when trying to set the throttle.

Also I am unable to sort out the flap problem, this is the first time I have used FSUIPC so dont no much about it.

I have attached my flight sim build spec, FSX is installed on my D drive with a simple path of D\FSX, not using X86 documents and settings I only use this PC for FSX and nothing else,

Hope this all makes some sense to you, and would appreciate some help with this

Edmundo

Flight sim PC Build Spec

Operating system Windows 7 Pro 64bt

Processor Intel Core I7-980X Hexa Gulftown

P C Case Lian li PC-V1000 plus Aluminium case

Motherboard Asus P6T Delux V2 X58

Memory Mushkin 6GB Low Latency

Heatsink , Titan Fenrir Evo

Hard Drive western Digital Raptor 300 GB Microsoft FSX

Hard Drive Western Digital Raptor 150 GB Windows 7 Pro OS

Graphics Card EVGA GeForce GTX 580 1536MB GDDR5

Sound Card Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatality Professional

Optical Drive Pioneer DVR116DBK

Blue Ray 4 BD ROM, LITE ON

Power Supply BFG ES 800 Watt

Saitek Pro Flight yoke & Throttle

Monitors

Asus mk241h 24”

Dell 17” Flat Panel

I have a new registration of FSUIPC, I set it up and was working properly until I tried to to Assign Reverse thrust, Now I cant get the throttles working, and the flaps jump from 5 to 20 when I try to fly, I have tried going back to normal defaults but still no good.

How do you "assign reverse thrust"? There are reversers and revers zones on normal throttles. And there's absolutely no way anything to do with throttles can affect flaps -- you probably have an assortment of mis-assignments.

I have deleted the dll file and run FSX again and all is working ok.

When I reinstall FSUIPC I get the same problem.

Your settings are all in the INI file, not in the DLL. The DLL is just code! If you want to delete your mistakes and start again, simply delete the INI file before running FS. Without any specific settings FSUIPC doesn't touch any of the controls whatsoever.

I am using a saitek pro flight yoke and three levers. Z for throttle and X for landing gear, and I tried to use Y for reverse thrust thats when it all went wrong.

You need to be more specific about where you are assigning things and what you are actually assigning. If you are assigning in FSUIPC you MUST remove assignments for the same axes in FS itself. You can of course assign in FS instead.

I have tried deleting Z axis in FS, and tried to set Z axis in FSUIPC for the single Throttle, and noticed that ther is no centre set buttton when trying to set the throttle.

There is no "centre" for the normal generic throttle. the "centre" settings for throttles (to allow a reverse zone -- not what you are doing, a reverser) only apply to the separate throttle controls for each engine. If you want to use those justmake sure you don't set the "No Reverse Zone" option for the 4 throttles. As the documentation explains, if you want a reverse zone on a single all-engine throttle you have to map the generic throttle to the other 4 then calibrate in the 4 throttles page.

Also I am unable to sort out the flap problem, this is the first time I have used FSUIPC so dont no much about it.

If you haven't assigned anything to flaps in FSUIPC, then FSUIPC can't have anything to do with your Flap problem. You need to see what you've done in FS.

I have attached my flight sim build spec, FSX is installed on my D drive with a simple path of D\FSX, not using X86 documents and settings I only use this PC for FSX and nothing else,

None of that is at all relevant. The relevant data is how you are assigning in FS, how you are assigning in FSUIPC, and what you are actually doing there.

I recommend you delete the FSUIPC4.INI file, then read the FSUIPC User Guide a little more, and try again. If you don't understand something, please ask specific questions. Please don't plough into things headlong until you know what you are doing.

Regards

Pete

How do you "assign reverse thrust"? There are reversers and revers zones on normal throttles. And there's absolutely no way anything to do with throttles can affect flaps -- you probably have an assortment of mis-assignments.

Your settings are all in the INI file, not in the DLL. The DLL is just code! If you want to delete your mistakes and start again, simply delete the INI file before running FS. Without any specific settings FSUIPC doesn't touch any of the controls whatsoever.

You need to be more specific about where you are assigning things and what you are actually assigning. If you are assigning in FSUIPC you MUST remove assignments for the same axes in FS itself. You can of course assign in FS instead.

There is no "centre" for the normal generic throttle. the "centre" settings for throttles (to allow a reverse zone -- not what you are doing, a reverser) only apply to the separate throttle controls for each engine. If you want to use those justmake sure you don't set the "No Reverse Zone" option for the 4 throttles. As the documentation explains, if you want a reverse zone on a single all-engine throttle you have to map the generic throttle to the other 4 then calibrate in the 4 throttles page.

If you haven't assigned anything to flaps in FSUIPC, then FSUIPC can't have anything to do with your Flap problem. You need to see what you've done in FS.

None of that is at all relevant. The relevant data is how you are assigning in FS, how you are assigning in FSUIPC, and what you are actually doing there.

I recommend you delete the FSUIPC4.INI file, then read the FSUIPC User Guide a little more, and try again. If you don't understand something, please ask specific questions. Please don't plough into things headlong until you know what you are doing.

Regards

Pete

Thanks Pete

I have deleted The FSUIPC. INI file, and I am back to normal. I want to have Reverse thrust on the bottom of my throttle lever, how do I set this in FSUIPC, { I have read the guide its not easy to understand being so new to this]

kind regards

Edmundo

I have deleted The FSUIPC. INI file, and I am back to normal. I want to have Reverse thrust on the bottom of my throttle lever, how do I set this in FSUIPC, { I have read the guide its not easy to understand being so new to this]

Most folks with a Saitek throttle quadrant prefer to use use the throttle switch, the one which operates automatically when you pull the lever back. That can be assigned, in the Buttons section, to "THROTTLE DECR" with repeat enabled.

If you want to give up part of the axis range for more precise reverse control then, with only one lever for multiple engines, you have to set the "Map to 4 throttles" option in the main Throttle calibration section, then go to the 4 throttles tab and calibrate Throttle 1 there with a reverse zone set as you wish.

This is all explained at length in the User Guide. I can't really reproduce it all here. If you have any specific questions, ask them by all means, but please read the documentation first because that's much fuller an explanation than I'm likely to attempt here.

Regards

Pete