The simFlight Network Forums

Virtual button 7,15,... and SPAD

Hi,

I am using FS9.1 under WIN XP and the latest registered version of FSUIPC. I assigned virtual buttons for a profile for an add-on aircraft (Feelthere Citation X) for my Saitek switch panel using SPAD. It seems, that the buttons 64,7 64,15 etc, are not working. They are not sent to FSUIPC. As soon, as I assign another virtual button in SPAD, they are recognized by FSUIPC. Can someone confirm this behaviour and is the error on the SPAD side or in the FSUIPC module?

Rgds

Reinhard

I am using FS9.1 under WIN XP and the latest registered version of FSUIPC. I assigned virtual buttons for a profile for an add-on aircraft (Feelthere Citation X) for my Saitek switch panel using SPAD. It seems, that the buttons 64,7 64,15 etc, are not working. They are not sent to FSUIPC. As soon, as I assign another virtual button in SPAD, they are recognized by FSUIPC. Can someone confirm this behaviour and is the error on the SPAD side or in the FSUIPC module?

FSUIPC's virtual buttons are simply separate bits in nine 32-bit words within its program-accessible offsets, relating to 9 virtual joysticks 64-72. There's nothing special about bits 7 or 15 -- they are intermediate bits in the first 32 bit word. However if this SPAD program is using BYTES instead then those bits are the top bits of the first two bytes. Maybe they are using signed bytes, so those bits are sign bits, and they are losing them en route. When you say "etc" do you mean 64,23 64,31 65,7 etc? If so then some such error seems likely.

I think you need to talk to SPAD support.

Regards

Pete