The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC G940 Logitech Throttle Axis assignement problem

Hello,

i have a Logitech G940 package and the newest FSUIPC downloaded. Both running on a W7 (64bit) PC with FSX.

My problem is now that i am unable to assign the Throttle Axis. Its not that i have a complicated Problem like to stear 2 seperated engines, just the simple assignement of the 2 Axis, it does not work. Or at least i didnt get it running. I handled according the manual. Rescan... FSUIPC always finds only the X or Y axis to asssign for the throttle lever, only if i press ignore axis its finds U or R axis at the third attempt. But when it is assigned then the throttle lever doenst work as it should. 0 seems to be in the middle an at the ends of its range power is added. It is not a logical range from -16000 to +16000 its more like 4000 to -16000 up to +8000.

Can you help me with that?

Rescan... FSUIPC always finds only the X or Y axis to asssign for the throttle lever, only if i press ignore axis its finds U or R axis at the third attempt ...

All that is indicative of a really badly jittering joystick. It should never, or only rarely, send different values for a lever you aren't moving. Check your power supply, USB connection and state of the joystick -- dirt et cetera will play havoc.

But when it is assigned then the throttle lever doenst work as it should. 0 seems to be in the middle an at the ends of its range power is added. It is not a logical range from -16000 to +16000 its more like 4000 to -16000 up to +8000.

Where are you seeing those numbers? Can you be a bit more precise in your observations, please, not "more like" but "exactly"?

If there are parts where it is decreasing and parts increasing you have two assignments on the same axis with one reversed. Have you disabled controllers in FS? If not you probably have dual assignments conflicting.

How are you assigning in FSUIPC? Which method, "direct to FSUIPC calibration" or via the FS control? And in each case which control, exactly? And where are you calibrating -- i.e. which page in FSUIPC's tab, and what have you set there?

Can you help me with that?

Maybe, with more information. I also need to know FSUIPC version number, not simply "newest", the number is needed. "newest" could be anything from 4.70 to 4.742.

Regards

Pete